$600K = Jimmy Maloney + Finals Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pass the Ball View Post
    I hope Jimmy wins another premiership this year at Cronulla..

He deserves it.
    No way!

That's a bad as Souffs winning the comp.

They are a side of grubs with some unpunished drug cheats thrown in for good measure. Absolute scumbags.

Comment

Hindsight is a powerful thing ...
      I'll put my hand up - I was not unhappy when the Club decided to back young Hastings in favor of retaining Maloney. This was based on the fact that Maloney was in the top 5 for missed tackles, errors made and conceding penalties last season.
      You win some and you lose some ... that's footy!

Comment

Originally posted by PeeGee View Post

Jimmy is getting better and better. Winning Cronulla games with his kicking alone.

It's been said a heap of times on this and other sites, but letting him go was the most stupid, and costly 'retainment' decision of recent history at the Roosters.
        IMO he woulda won us AT LEAST 4 games with his kicking alone this season (which would place us on equal 4th.)

With Elliot gone we are now what... $750-$800k under the cap? THIS IS A FARCE!! We cannot legitimately expect to win games when every other team has ~$1,000,000 worth of extra talent on their roster.

Comment

Originally posted by ism22 View Post

IMO he woulda won us AT LEAST 4 games with his kicking alone this season (which would place us on equal 4th.)

With Elliot gone we are now what... $750-$800k under the cap? THIS IS A FARCE!! We cannot legitimately expect to win games when every other team has ~$1,000,000 worth of extra talent on their roster.
          They are saving money for someone very special. It's either buddy franklin or lionel messi
          Roosters For Ever

Comment

Originally posted by PeeGee View Post

They are saving money for someone very special. It's either buddy franklin or lionel messi
            In regards to saving money, am I right in thinking none of this "extra money" (if it exists) can be used as part of the 2017 cap? So the club is saving money but not from next year's salary cap?

Comment

Originally posted by Elvis Rooster View Post

In regards to saving money, am I right in thinking none of this "extra money" (if it exists) can be used as part of the 2017 cap? So the club is saving money but not from next year's salary cap?
              If the 600k is there, i assume they can use it to top up existing contracts, therefore not using money from next years cap. Not sure if it works like that though.

Comment

Seriously if we aren't atleast 600k under then they must have heavily backended some deals as our roster is full of youth that we wouldn't have paid alot for. Namely

Mitchell
                Copely
                Materson
                Evans
                Watson
                Vunakece

That's half our team nearly and shouldn't have cost alot of dollars.

Comment

Originally posted by Pass the Ball View Post
                  I hope Jimmy wins another premiership this year at Cronulla..

He deserves it.
                  Why does he deserve it?

Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

Comment

I don't disagree with you and to be honest I also think the coach and ceo would also now agree with you. I just don't see the point of the Thread. No point crying over spilt milk. It's done and dusted.

The Club realise they have stuffed up. We need to move on.
                    Embrace the Hate! JC

Comment

Originally posted by Vasco View Post
                      Why does he deserve it?
                      Obviously it is just my opinion and everyone else is entitled to theirs...

I think what he brought to Easts was perfect. Hard work ethic as a fun-loving top bloke. Everyone loved playing with him.

I met him a few times at junior footy matches at Rowland Park and he was an absolute legend.

Also spoke to his brother late last year who said Jimmy was so disappointed to be leaving Easts because he loved being a part of the club and wanted to stay.

After reluctantly signing with Cronulla he has gone about plying his trade there and has clearly lifted their club as he did at ours..

Deserved winner of another premiership in my mind. Just wish it was another premiership at Easts....

Comment

It's time to move on.

Comment

Originally posted by 2026 View Post
                          It's time to move on.
                          But I've got a few tantrums left in me!

Jimmy looks stupid in a cronulla jersey

Comment

Originally posted by eddie View Post

But I've got a few tantrums left in me!

Jimmy looks stupid in a cronulla jersey
                            Can they win the comp?

Comment

Originally posted by 2026 View Post
                              Can they win the comp?

The game managers say YEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSS

Comment

Originally posted by Braith Anasta's Wallet View Post
                                People need to stop looking at the past. James Maloney is gone, accept it and deal with it. The Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks team is much better than our team as well. James Maloney has walked from one good team to another and good for him I hope he continues to succeed there. We need to work out how to rectify our situation and looking to should have, could have, would have isn't doing that.
                                I think you should stop talking shyte!!! Losing Maloney is like when we lost Freddy. He was valuable to our current team. Just go and have another meth hit cause you're your opinion is always ridiculous.

Comment

Working...
                                X