Tupou

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ruzza View Post
    Mate, you'd be looking at a VH Valiant ranger all day long.
    Top idea, let me know if you see one cheap.
    I was trying to go with what's at my disposal.
    The show organisers didn't appreciate my first idea of entering this mitsubishi 4 tonner I had rusting away.
    I was gonna name him LOD.

Comment

i have a close mate who regurlary goes clubbing every weekend and he tells me he sees tupou at lot at the star with his boys drinking... I dont know if this is true but he tells me aint fking around and he is dead serious.

Comment

Originally posted by eddie View Post

no. no Johnny.
        The crux of the idea is to run with something that has a decent chassis.
        An XC would go through an XF like a JWH would go through a Tupou.
        My old XD would fit JWH..........

Comment

Originally posted by Arties Pie View Post

Probably can't get anyone interested enough in taking him off our hands.

I thought that Parra were interested late last year & then we re-signed him for a further 2 years??
          Saints or Newcastle would be a great place to offer him

Comment

Originally posted by stringaz View Post
            My old XD would fit JWH..........
            I could enter a mazda 121 and name it TUPOU.

Your XD would smack it into the grandstand before you could say Napa.

Comment

Originally posted by eddie View Post

I could enter a mazda 121 and name it TUPOU.

Your XD would smack it into the grandstand before you could say Napa.
              Actually I think it was an XC 500 absolute whale of a car that would bring down a grandstand lol

Comment

Originally posted by stringaz View Post
                Actually I think it was an XC 500 absolute whale of a car that would bring down a grandstand lol
                Yes, the XC.
                Hit poor TUPOU with one of them and the last thing to go through his mind would be his a-hole.

But I like the giraffe, and feel guilty............We need to put the TUPOU 121 up against something he could beat..............
                How about entering a push bike and naming it Soward?

Comment

Toupo is just a quiet guy who does his best and plays better when the team is going well. Lets look at the context of the current situation and cut him a little slack because he's not only playing with a different partner in Copley or whoevers name gets drawn to play alongside, but there's also a new young fullback who is very much different to what Mini or RTS was. Also there is no Maloney who used to put pin point bombs right on top of him. No Pearce for most of the year either and two of our best forwards out for a long period plus the current injuries. The guys confidence is shot and yes, that's something he has to work on but he wont be able to do it himself...it's not his character. I blame it most on management for putting the whole team under this pressure.

Comment

We need to 're introduce the boys to their shoulders, too much arm grabbing and not enough hurt being dished out,

Comment

Toups' card was punched after the 2013 GF when the powers that be decided that illegal blockers would be allowed. Idiotic decision because a one on one fight for the high ball was great entertainment. Most other sides have moved with the times and chose strong stocky fast wingers that can get your sets rolling (like the Fijians). In the current climate Toups is a liability.

Comment

Originally posted by ROC181 View Post
                        Toupo is just a quiet guy who does his best and plays better when the team is going well. Lets look at the context of the current situation and cut him a little slack because he's not only playing with a different partner in Copley or whoevers name gets drawn to play alongside, but there's also a new young fullback who is very much different to what Mini or RTS was. Also there is no Maloney who used to put pin point bombs right on top of him. No Pearce for most of the year either and two of our best forwards out for a long period plus the current injuries. The guys confidence is shot and yes, that's something he has to work on but he wont be able to do it himself...it's not his character. I blame it most on management for putting the whole team under this pressure.
                        It's his mistakes and he's always making them in all facets of his play, his hit ups are generally shithouse as we tend to lose ground on those, his defence is non existent and he's letting in tries and to top it off he has problems catching a ball. Seldom has a game gone by this year where he hasn't screwed up and this from a guy thats has played SOO and for Australia. In my opinion he couldn't even crack a spot at Wyong if sent there.everyone has a bad game here and there but he barely has a good one.

Comment

[QUOTE=Arties Pie;n654649]

It's his mistakes and he's always making them in all facets of his play, his hit ups are generally shithouse as we tend to lose ground on those, his defence is non existent and he's letting in tries

Don't forget playing the ball
                          Roosters For Ever

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Tobin View Post
                            Toups' card was punched after the 2013 GF when the powers that be decided that illegal blockers would be allowed. Idiotic decision because a one on one fight for the high ball was great entertainment. Most other sides have moved with the times and chose strong stocky fast wingers that can get your sets rolling (like the Fijians). In the current climate Toups is a liability.
                            Yes I hate how the refs allow illegal blockers like when Morris ran into Fergo against the dogs and Fergo gets penalised for taking him out of the contest for the ball even though Morris was not going for the ball. It should be that if you get in someone's way your actually obstructing a player and either get penalised or shoved out of the way. This is where the obstruction rule is non existent.

Comment

Originally posted by milanja View Post
                              I would feel embarrassed for him, if he seemed to show any emotions or care factor. Missing a simple catch for a try, and then standing like a statue while the storm ran around him to let in others was bad, but to then have him show no disappointment annoys me more. He makes others in the team look bad also, but that doesn't doesn't seem to bother him either.
                              He could be crying on the inside.

Comment

Originally posted by ChookMaster View Post
                                i have a close mate who regurlary goes clubbing every weekend and he tells me he sees tupou at lot at the star with his boys drinking... I dont know if this is true but he tells me aint fking around and he is dead serious.
                                If true, shouldn't be any barrier to playing for us.
                                Rumour has it he wouldn't be the only one drinking hard.

Smith and Anasta tried implementing that players drinking ban...didn't work out.

Maybe if we showed Toops the love!
                                It's all about Love!

When people ask Lowe how he got the best out of Filipaina and the team he answers: “No magic wand. I just brought a sense of love to those boys.”

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/bl...lsen-filipaina

Comment

Working...
                                X