No announcement yet.

Tupou

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

coopleys miss reads in defence is what cost us the first 3 tries. not defending 2poo but if copley stayed with his man 2poo wouldnt have 2 attackers to defend against.
    1911 1912 1913 1923 1935 1936 1937 1940 1945 1974 1975 2002 2013 2018 2019 2020

Comment

Originally posted by roosterproud View Post
      coopleys miss reads in defence is what cost us the first 3 tries. not defending 2poo but if copley stayed with his man 2poo wouldnt have 2 attackers to defend against.
      From the video footage I've seen it looks like he only played on the wing at the Broncos ???
      Roosters For Ever

Comment

Originally posted by PeeGee View Post

From the video footage I've seen it looks like he only played on the wing at the Broncos ???

Played sometimes in the centres for Broncos...but mostly on the wing I believe.
        Wing seems his position IMO.

So, we have wingers...Fergo at 5..., Copley/Toops at 2, [but both can't play FG, one has to play for Wyong...don't think they'll be liking that.

Comment

Topou can suck on a big hard nut.

I havent seen anyone consistently given up in RWB since Phil Graham. Topou outshines him 10 to 1.

He should be shipped off on the boat back to the Pacific and if he cries like last time, rub his face with salt..
          Exonerate the West Memphis Three - www.wm3.org

Comment

The bloke can't even play the ball without screwing up. Was that the first set on Saturday night when he gave away possession with his stupidity? How is this bloke a professional footballer. He has been putrid for a very long time now and he only gets worse each week. Time for him to find a new profession.

Comment

Originally posted by roosterproud View Post
              No, that's not right. The issue was Matterson. He jammed in when he should have stayed out for at least two of those tries. He left Copley posted. Matterson's usually a good defender but Cronk had him mesmerised. Perhaps he didn't trust Guerra to make those tackles if Cronk throws the short ball? Either way, Copley and Tupou were facing a three on two. And we all know that Tupou doesn't tackle so very harsh to blame Copley, in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Intercept View Post

No, that's not right. The issue was Matterson. He jammed in when he should have stayed out for at least two of those tries. He left Copley posted. Matterson's usually a good defender but Cronk had him mesmerised. Perhaps he didn't trust Guerra to make those tackles if Cronk throws the short ball? Either way, Copley and Tupou were facing a three on two. And we all know that Tupou doesn't tackle so very harsh to blame Copley, in my opinion.
                you need to watch the replay.(if you can) i tell my boys up not in. copley should try that.
                1911 1912 1913 1923 1935 1936 1937 1940 1945 1974 1975 2002 2013 2018 2019 2020

Comment

Toops is so down on confidence at the moment it's not funny. But sadly I really don't think Burgess will do any better at this point in time.

Comment

Poor Toops.

At one stage i thought he was about to cry.

Comment

Originally posted by Intercept View Post

Exactly right. Matterson made the poor reads and decided to come in on at least three occasions only to make pathetic attempts at effecting a tackle by throwing his arms about like a pixie! That left his centre - and ultimately his winger stranded - with little other option but to follow in an attempt to shut down the ball being spread. It wasn't Copley's fault and nor Tupou's for that matter.

Everyone who thinks this Matterson kid is going to turn into some gun unit of a five eight ala Freddy Fittler ought to watch his showing from the Storm game and maybe take a moment or two not to get ahead of themselves. I'm not saying he doesn't have potential and talent but that in the game against the Storm he was directly responsible for at least three poor reads in defence and non-tackles and a fourth effort where - close to the line - he just slid off and almost looked as though he gave up wanting to bring the player to the ground; his arm grabbing attempt on that occasion also led to a try. He might have size and maybe a bit of speed but if anyone else knows what else he offers, please do share the basis for your enthusiasm.

Comment

It didn't take long for people to turn on Ryan Matterson.

Comment

Matterson has played what, 5 FG games?

It astounds me just how much people expect out of youngsters with no experience.

I blame Freddy Fittler. He hit the ground running at 17/18 and was a world beater from the start. But how many more players have done that? GI, Hayne and SBW are the only ones I can think of.

For mere mortal its takes until they're about 21-23 with 50+ FG games under their belt before they start to fulfill their potential.

Matterson, like Mitchell & Watson, almost gets a free ride this year. They've all shown tremendous potential and work ethic. But we have to expect plenty of errors in there too.

I'm confident that all three can become long term Roosters. They just need time and we need to show patience.

Comment

Originally posted by Braith Anasta's Wallet View Post
                            It didn't take long for people to turn on Ryan Matterson.

I haven't turned on Matterson - you assume at some point I was blowing his trumpet. Like I said, he is talented and has potential but some on here have already compared him to Fred and have anointed him as our next great half. I disagree. I think Hastings is unlucky that his style of play is too similar to Pearce's otherwise - baring his alleged attitude deficiencies which remain unsubstantiated - he would be the keeper over Matterson as a halves player. Matterson on the other hand would make a solid back rower given time.

Comment

Matterson looks to me more like a lock or inside centre. Lui Cordner TKO and Matterson a formnable back row

Comment

Originally posted by 2026 View Post
                                Poor Toops.

At one stage i thought he was about to cry.

So he should.
                                All us poor supporters have been there weeks ago.

Comment

Working...
                                X