Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rock Bottom

We started playing at SFS in 1988.

We have had some awful sides. Think about some of the names that have (dis)graced our jersey on that field - Vautin, Appleby, Sherlock, Orr...

We have played some incredible sides there. The Broncos Origin side many times. Manly in the mid-90's.

But as unbelievable as it is, last night was our worst ever loss on that hallowed turf. That has to be rock bottom.

I am seriously thinking we can't be minor premiers this season.

Unfortunately, it's gonna be a long time spent at rock bottom. Broncos to come x 2, cronulla x 2, storm and cowboys again. Warriors will kill us next week.

Can't see a way out at all, we're a mess. A bunch of strangers. The couldn't give a Fark about one another.

That light at the end of the tunnel is a friggin train.
    Roosters For Ever

Comment

Unless we sign a couple of very good players, next year will be much the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Tobin View Post
        We started playing at SFS in 1988.

We have had some awful sides. Think about some of the names that have (dis)graced our jersey on that field - Vautin, Appleby, Sherlock, Orr...

We have played some incredible sides there. The Broncos Origin side many times. Manly in the mid-90's.

But as unbelievable as it is, last night was our worst ever loss on that hallowed turf. That has to be rock bottom.

In the real world...there was never going to be any way we were going to be Minor Premiers this season...given the team we have and our war with the NRL/referees etc.
        We would've been lucky to make the 8.

Rock bottom?
        Yes, certainly...stuff happens in life.
        A couple of retention mistakes, plus RTS racked off to NZ, .....injuries, suspensions, other teams on the rise, ripped off by refereeing decisions etc.

The positives;

. It can't get any worse! and the only way from here is up!

. Last night's game against the Storm shows us/our coach/our officials where we are, and what we have to do...exactly...to be at the top/premiers again.
        Last edited by bondi-boy; 06-12-2016, 09:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by PeeGee View Post
          Unfortunately, it's gonna be a long time spent at rock bottom. Broncos to come x 2, cronulla x 2, storm and cowboys again. Warriors will kill us next week.

Can't see a way out at all, we're a mess. A bunch of strangers. The couldn't give a Fark about one another.

That light at the end of the tunnel is a friggin train.

"A week is a long time in politics"

Comment

depends what warriors team turns up wouldn't be surprised to see skd turn up he loves playing in nz, but hell be acentre again, no room on the wings for him although toups should be dropped again

Comment

Originally posted by stephenj View Post
              depends what warriors team turns up wouldn't be surprised to see skd turn up he loves playing in nz, but hell be acentre again, no room on the wings for him although toups should be dropped again
              SKD should always be no 4 ...and the team built around that.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Tobin View Post
                You're not giving up on retaining the shield are you Tobes?

All we need is another 11 or 12 salary cap scandals and were in with a shot.

Comment

We may not be able to make the 8, but the same delusional people who thought we could make the 8 after round 5, probably still think we are still capable of making it from here.

Comment

Originally posted by milanja View Post
                    We may not be able to make the 8, but the same delusional people who thought we could make the 8 after round 5, probably still think we are still capable of making it from here.
                    It was shot when we saw that poor Niko and Hastings weren't up to the task at this stage of their career's.

Comment

I'm worried for Hastings that this is as good as he gets, he can't shoulder the whole team but is anyone seriously confident he has improvement like we see in latrell?

Comment

While the kids are failing because they're kids, I suspect the experienced players simply lack motivation. They have known from the start of the season that they had no hope of doing anything this year, so they pack it in as soon as a game gets out of reach.

This year's motto is: "We play for Premerships, so why bother?"

Comment

Originally posted by stringaz View Post
                          I'm worried for Hastings that this is as good as he gets, he can't shoulder the whole team but is anyone seriously confident he has improvement like we see in latrell?

I reckon he does.
                          He's showed glimpses of what he's capable of, but it appears there is issues other than ability holding him back.
                          I can only guess about the new dynamic behind the scenes, but if he's having clashes with some senior players, the fault could lie either way.
                          Aren't halfbacks supposed to be cocky little bastards?
                          He's showed plenty of confidence by backing up the goalkicking challenge he made public a few weeks ago.

I dunno, but maybe certain members of the " we've won a comp and this team is ours " brigade are making life a bit difficult for him.

Comment

That last bit.

Comment

All those people who thought that coming first was a failure should have enjoyed our successful a little more.

Comment

Working...
                              X