I have lost faith in the coaching staff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Axe View Post
    They've been doing the Same warm up procedure for years, even whilst we were winning.
    For 30 minutes?

Comment

Bring in Toovey

Comment

Originally posted by bondi-boy View Post
        30 minute warm ups...the team plays 30 mins of football before the match even starts.

Then they go inside and cool down...then run out onto the field for the match...worn out.
        Every single club does it and has been doing it since year dot. They used to.warm up outside of the ground you twit.

Comment

Originally posted by Snitzel_69 View Post

Every single club does it and has been doing it since year dot. They used to.warm up outside of the ground you twit.
          I know, saw Wests warm up out the back of a stand at the SCG once, when they played us in a semi.
          Warmed up in the sun/heat.
          They were stuffed after 20 minutes of the match.

30 minutes is way too long IMO.

15 minutes...and they'd have more energy for the match, might be able to make more effective tackles.

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Worthless View Post
            Robbo has lost my faith as well:

1.the failed Fergo at fullback experiment. Robbo took us into the season without a fullback. A critical spine position.
            2.condoning Jake being a prick to Hastings. This is based on Hastings being dropped and Taka taking the conversions.
            3.out of line sprays at refs at the press conferences.
            4. Picking Toups week after week even though he is costing us games through unforced errors.
            5. Letting Fergo charge out of the line in defence. Obviously no repercussions because he keeps doing it. Just awful in D last night.
            6. Letting Jennings go and replacing with Copley.

I hope you realise that at least half of these points have nothing to do with Robbo

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Worthless View Post
              Robbo has lost my faith as well:

1.the failed Fergo at fullback experiment. Robbo took us into the season without a fullback. A critical spine position.
              2.condoning Jake being a prick to Hastings. This is based on Hastings being dropped and Taka taking the conversions.
              3.out of line sprays at refs at the press conferences.
              4. Picking Toups week after week even though he is costing us games through unforced errors.
              5. Letting Fergo charge out of the line in defence. Obviously no repercussions because he keeps doing it. Just awful in D last night.
              6. Letting Jennings go and replacing with Copley.
              1. It was perfectly reasonable to try Fergo at fullback...after the one we trained 'walked out'....and Mini had retired.
              2. Managing players and their egos/emotions etc is often a difficult task for any coach.
              3. More sprays at refs and officials in the media and press conferences he should be doing.
              4. Toups played well against the Dogs.
              5. Fergo should be playing on the wing and only on the wing, that is perfectly clear now.
              6. Jennings ...dropped the ball at the end of most runs etc last season...killed our momentum bigtime...nowhere near the player he was in 2013. Then there was the 'off-field' stuff.

Comment

I know, saw Wests warm up out the back of a stand at the SCG once, when they played us in a semi.
                Warmed up in the sun/heat.
                They were stuffed after 20 minutes of the match.

30 minutes is way too long IMO.

15 minutes...and they'd have more energy for the match, might be able to make more effective tackles.
                Considering that the last time a semi was played at the SCG it was 1986, and the last time we played Wests in a semi at the SCG was 1982, I think it would be fair to say that fitness standards and sports science has advanced considerably since that time. I think I will go with the professionals and those with the Uni degrees rather than somebody basing their assumptions on an occurrence in the September heat 30 years ago

Comment

I wonder if Storm fans lost faith in Bellamy after the 40-0 drubbing in the GF...and where those same fans are today?

Chook.

Comment

Originally posted by rooster_booster View Post

I hope you realise that at least half of these points have nothing to do with Robbo
                    They ALL have to do with Robbo. He manages the team and every aspect of the team, from the way the play to player retention, he has a major say in it.

Comment

Originally posted by Headless Chook View Post

Considering that the last time a semi was played at the SCG it was 1986, and the last time we played Wests in a semi at the SCG was 1982, I think it would be fair to say that fitness standards and sports science has advanced considerably since that time. I think I will go with the professionals and those with the Uni degrees rather than somebody basing their assumptions on an occurrence in the September heat 30 years ago

Try the Dogs game the other night instead.

30 minute warm up [with forward passes the 'norm']...and our players hardly made an effective tackle all night...the Dogs got the ball away in nearly every tackle.

We're almost last on the ladder...uni degrees, baaah.

What's needed instead of uni degrees...shoulder pads, gloves, headgear, and a far more aggressive attitude.
                      Last edited by bondi-boy; 07-03-2016, 12:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chook View Post
                        I wonder if Storm fans lost faith in Bellamy after the 40-0 drubbing in the GF...and where those same fans are today?

Chook.
                        Probably not considering they "won" the grand final the following year.

Comment

Try the Dogs game the other night instead.

30 minute warm up [with forward passes the 'norm']...and our players hardly made an effective tackle all night...the Dogs got the ball away in nearly every tackle.

We're almost last on the ladder...uni degrees, baaah.

What's needed instead of uni degrees...shoulder pads, gloves, headgear, and a far more aggressive attitude.
                          Classic!!

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Tobin View Post

Poor
                            Ignore
                            barbarian ......arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh!!!!!!!

Comment

If the Knights hang on today and win and with their bye next weekend we would be only 1 pt in front of them a team ....nearly rated the worst in 50 years and we still have current Aust and NZ internationals, Qld & NSW Origin Reps ...are we that bad???

Comment

Originally posted by Woodsta View Post
                                If the Knights hang on today and win and with their bye next weekend we would be only 1 pt in front of them a team ....nearly rated the worst in 50 years and we still have current Aust and NZ internationals, Qld & NSW Origin Reps ...are we that bad???

Yes we are that bad and most of those players are hugely overated. Sad but true fact

Comment

Working...
                                X