Roosters on the way back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roosters on the way back

After tonight, I'm very positive about our not too distant future. We have a lot of very good up and coming boys who are learning now but will be world beaters one day. We gave Cronulla a run for their money and if not for terrible refereeing and bunker decisions and our errors would have won easily. Watson, Mitchell and players like Manu show a lot of promise. We are losing and I don't like it because it's our errors not better sides beating us. If we can only complete more sets we can beat a few of the top sides.

I'm sure if we play like tonight and cut out errors then we'll end the season on a winning note no matter who we play. But set completion is crucial if we are to win many more games this year.
    “Soon will the present day order be rolled up, and a new one spread out in its stead”- (Baha’u’llah)

Players with promise mean nothing. Look at Penrith. The coaching staff need to make some tough calls and stop accepting mediocrity. Our centres and wingers need desperate attention.

Comment

We do need Robbo on board to make the tough decisions. We could select more in form players.
      “Soon will the present day order be rolled up, and a new one spread out in its stead”- (Baha’u’llah)

Comment

We need a half back that can create points, get repeat sets and manage a game. This will take pressure off the hooker who is trying things he is not capable of. Keep Pearce but not as the main man!! If we had Cronk and Smith tonight we would have won as easily!

Comment

Originally posted by Nicola Tesla View Post
          We need a half back that can create points, get repeat sets and manage a game. This will take pressure off the hooker who is trying things he is not capable of. Keep Pearce but not as the main man!! If we had Cronk and Smith tonight we would have won as easily!
          The more I think about it the more I think Pearce should be hooker interchanging with Friend & that next years halves should be Keary halfback Watson 5/8.

Comment

Most teams would win with Cronk and Smith. I look forward to their retirement so Melbourne will be as good as us.

Comment

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post

Most teams would win with Cronk and Smith. I look forward to their retirement so Melbourne will be as good as us.
              Thats the point though..... Pearce is so far behind them and you need that qty player to be a contender. Mitchel just doesn't have it, never has and never will!!!
              Its always been someone else....he plays a great support role but cant run the team and has not an ounce of X factor in his game.

Comment

Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post

The more I think about it the more I think Pearce should be hooker interchanging with Friend & that next years halves should be Keary halfback Watson 5/8.
                i suggested the same thing during the week and i think the smart ass johnny shot me down in flames.the argument was is that watson cant kick and i used smith as a example as a hooker who can kick. watson is so strong for his age. watsons a player that the great jack gibson would have had in his teams.

Comment

Thats the point though..... Pearce is so far behind them and you need that qty player to be a contender. Mitchel just doesn't have it, never has and never will!!!
                  Its always been someone else....he plays a great support role but cant run the team and has not an ounce of X factor in his game.
                  The problem is that we pay Pearce marquee money as a half and we also pay good money to others we would not be able to attract a high quality half while Pearce is at the club as he is on about 750K plus.

I say we make enquiries about snaring a top up and comer like Ash Taylor. How long is the young dude contracted to Titans for?

Keary and Taylor with Watson off the bench and we would have some of money from releasing Pearce and Friend and we can go and sign a decent hooker too. How about we offer them to the Tits for Taylor and Peats and we will throw Guerra in for free lol.
                  Last edited by Mad_Rooster_in_GraceLand; 07-24-2016, 12:16 AM.
                  Originally posted by King Salvo 'Tedesco and Woods will be more than likely Dogs signings but both will give Tigers last shot - we are not in the race anymore'

Comment

robbo tactics with pearce so predictable since robbo's first year. i reckon the players are tired of his robotic training sessions and so too same old tactics hence me calling them robbo robots. some say we lack fitness i think its just sheer boredom. no game breaker to win us games as in the past seasons when tactics were the same, low completions and high errors. winning the minor premiership sure is a feat however that was on the back of our scoring machines and not so much team brilliance.the other contributing factor not helping robbo's robots is that they know they are going to get stiffed by the game managers every week.the old heads of the team just not interested due to the combo of both.

Comment

Working...
                    X