The Wade Graham whispers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Johnny. View Post
    He's been playing with the human shitbomb, Gallen, too long to be cleansed of that filth.
    Keary will also need a decent wash or a day at the mikvah before he arrives at Moore Park.

Comment

Welcome back, Yak.

Don't be so absent, we love your contributions!

Comment

Does everyone on here want to gobby off Yak???

Was a good post though

Comment

Originally posted by Yak View Post

Bit harsh. That was the best game by a front rower all season. Everyone just expected the bloke to replicate that for the rest of his career I think. He's developed hugely over the past 2 seasons without much praise in my opinion. In his first 2 seasons he would get dominated quite easily in tackles. He didn't have a pass in him to save his life. His intimidation in defence was the main selling point. If you compare that to his game now. He never get put on his back, despite his awkward and seemingly slow running style he's transferred his ability to time in defence into his attacking game which means he always win first contact. He's also now got a pass at the line in his game and he's being used more and more as a first receiver holding the middle defenders tight and distributing to Pearce which before this year was solely the job of the locks. He averaged 130m a game this year. For a 23 year old who was for the majority of the year missing his more experienced fellow bookend meaning he had to take most of the tough runs, that's bloody solid I reckon. His defence is still a feature and hasn't gone backwards at all. And finally, something to look out for next time we play. Just watch how often he is back behind the ball after a long kick where we get trapped on our line. He's usually got his hand up to take the second or third hit up. That's huge for a prop. He gets there before most backrowers would.
          Good post! Is that you ellison?

Comment

Originally posted by Mad-Elvis-in-Hong Kong View Post
            Are getting louder.. Cordners best mate..
            You've done it again.
            Smoke the pot then stir the pot.

Comment

Go the Yak.
              I have wondered more than once..................If Napa hadn't had that outstanding game against the vermin if people would have rated his season better overall?

I reckon he's been solid and hasn't let anyone down.

Comment

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post

Keary will also need a decent wash or a day at the mikvah before he arrives at Moore Park.
                Yep. Take them to Crystal. At least the guy that runs it is an 'honest' man.
                SUPER DRAGON!

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny. View Post

Yep. Take them to Crystal. At least the guy that runs it is an 'honest' man.
                  Yes. Tracy Grimshaw proved his character when her crew left $5 in the glovebox. Lol. This is one reason we love League. Look at the alternative shit
                  Written and published on behalf of the Liberal Party, Queensland

Comment

Great post Yak. But I think I know where Thirteen is coming from.
                    I think most understand that Napa did his job this year. But I would have liked to have seen him do more. After the South's game and some of last year's performances, I thought Napa was going to be very special. Instead, I think he has been serviceable.

Whilst there is real venom in his defensive game, I'd love to see the same with his hit ups. Most times I think he 'trundles' up at the line. I'd love to see him run at the line with the same venom as JWH and Moa do. Hurt people in attack as well as defence.
                    Embrace the Hate! JC

Comment

Originally posted by John Corey View Post
                      Whilst there is real venom in his defensive game, I'd love to see the same with his hit ups. Most times I think he 'trundles' up at the line. I'd love to see him run at the line with the same venom as JWH and Moa do. Hurt people in attack as well as defence.
                      They've all got their own strengths don't you reckon.?
                      I think using the word trundle is a tad harsh, You see some forwards that won't take "hit ups " at all when it don't suit them, (like the moon faced pommy vermin) thus avoiding any criticism.
                      Evans and Guerra are the ones I'd be looking at.

I'm very pleased with Napa's progress and effort.

Comment

I think there have been some ridiculous posts by people on this forum this year about Napa.

Napa was hounded by several clubs the last time he was off contract but he stayed loyal to us for less than what some were offering him. He was hounded on a daily basis by some clubs.

If Napa was off contract today, I reckon just about every club in the comp would be after him.

I am happy with the way he has gone this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Half time View Post
                          I think there have been some ridiculous posts by people on this forum this year about Napa.

Napa was hounded by several clubs the last time he was off contract but he stayed loyal to us for less than what some were offering him. He was hounded on a daily basis by some clubs.

If Napa was off contract today, I reckon just about every club in the comp would be after him.

I am happy with the way he has gone this year.

Well said HT - totally agree with you.
                          From what I saw, he always gave 100% and put his body on the line - what more could we expect???

Comment

With alot of players you ask yourself, can he win us a game? he proved he can this year. There are very few props like webcke and petero who you could count on to give you a very similar performance week in week. So i am happy at the moment with our big trio.

Comment

Napa = Great player

Wade Graham = 2 years too late.

Comment

Working...
                              X