Some Outstanding Game Mangement tonight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post
    Maybe Eddie should go & have a look in threw them so he could watch on as the NRL give it to Nick chookie style.

You want me to throw something through Nick's window?

Comment

I'm not advocating that fans should take up conspiracy theories here at all.
      We could if we want to delve into the insane situation the nrl has put itself in through it's close ties with betting agencies, but that's a different topic.

When it comes to manufacturing results of sporting contests, the nrl has openly admitted that that is it's specific agenda.
      Why are the rules so open to interpretation?
      Why did the nrl refer to it's referees as "game managers" ?
      It's because they see the sport as a television show first and foremost.
      They want close results as much as possible.
      They don't want fans of individual teams tuning out if their side fails to make the top 8.
      They are openly proud of the fact that they can influence the comp so that no team wins two in a row.

Souths are the perfect example.
      Every decision on field and off went their way until the "fairy tale" was achieved.
      A big victory for the marketing men.Now souths find themselves relegated off the top of the game managers help list..

Comment

Originally posted by eddie View Post

You want me to throw something through Nick's window?
        Punitive.

Comment

We could if we want to delve into the insane situation the nrl has put itself in through it's close ties with betting agencies, but that's a different topic.

When it comes to manufacturing results of sporting contests, the nrl has openly admitted that that is it's specific agenda.
          They don't want fans of individual teams tuning out if their side fails to make the top 8.
          They are openly proud of the fact that they can influence the comp so that no team wins two in a row.

Every decision on field and off went their way until the "fairy tale" was achieved.
          A big victory for the marketing men.Now souths find themselves relegated off the top of the game managers help list..
          Yer what ever your imagination comes up with.
          There has never been a landing on the moon it was all done at Universal studios.

Comment

You would think that if the nrl really wanted to play game managers, that souths,dragons,parra and brisbane would be in the top 8 every year as that would ensure success high crowd figures and sales off the field that would fund the rest of the league.

Would the nrl really benefit from the sharks,roosters,manly or raiders winning premierships? Very unlikely.

Comment

Yer what ever your imagination comes up with.
              You think I imagined what I wrote in the post you quoted?
              Should I quit before you accuse me of having claimed to have met Elvis at the local pub?

I don't blame you for adopting the ostrich strategy at all. If you wanna believe your team actually gets a fair go every time they take the field people shouldn't hold it against you. Why face unpleasant facts when you can go on playing the ignorant fan role.

Just don't go psycho when you reach the age of reason.

Comment

Originally posted by milanja View Post

You would think that if the nrl really wanted to play game managers, that souths,dragons,parra and brisbane would be in the top 8 every year as that would ensure success high crowd figures and sales off the field that would fund the rest of the league.

Would the nrl really benefit from the sharks,roosters,manly or raiders winning premierships? Very unlikely.
                They are totally out of touch in some areas.
                Every time the Greenburg fool quotes what he thinks the fans really want, it proves how little he knows about human nature, tradition and the concept of sport.
                I'm sure he's an expert on achieving maximum salary for himself and his cohorts however.

But I digress.
                Although the overlords would benefit from ensuring the teams with the largest supporter bases remain top 8 fixtures, there's a limit to what you can control without going the whole rock'n'roll wrestling route.
                The way their going they'll probably get there one day , but with any luck I'll be dead by then.

Comment

You think I imagined what I wrote in the post you quoted?
                  Should I quit before you accuse me of having claimed to have met Elvis at the local pub?

I don't blame you for adopting the ostrich strategy at all. If you wanna believe your team actually gets a fair go every time they take the field people shouldn't hold it against you. Why face unpleasant facts when you can go on playing the ignorant fan role.

Just don't go psycho when you reach the age of reason.
                  If you want to continue to have your paranoia about the NRL being rigged people shouldnt hold that against you but there is medication out there that helps with delusions.
                  You just keep following, writing about & giving your hard earned to a game that manufactures results by the NRL it's game managers, News Corp & Murdoch without a skerrick of evidence of anyone ever coming forward with information proving your claims. It must be happening because good old Eddie said so, yer right.

Comment

If you want to continue to have your paranoia about the NRL being rigged people shouldnt hold that against you but there is medication out there that helps with delusions.
                    You just keep following, writing about & giving your hard earned to a game that manufactures results by the NRL it's game managers, News Corp & Murdoch without a skerrick of evidence of anyone ever coming forward with information proving your claims. It must be happening because good old Eddie said so, yer right.
                    Without a "skerrick" of evidence????????

lol mate.

Comment

Without a "skerrick" of evidence????????

lol mate.
                      It all must be true if you say so.
                      You just keep following, writing about & giving your hard earned to a game that manufactures results by the NRL it's game managers, News Corp & Murdoch

Comment

It all must be true if you say so.
                        You just keep following, writing about & giving your hard earned to a game that manufactures results by the NRL it's game managers, News Corp & Murdoch
                        Well, you haven't disputed any of it, except for game saying , using lame analogies or being condescending.....
                        I've been complementing you.
                        Calling you boring is just an honest assessment , and I don't mean to offend.

I don't understand how someone with their head buried in the sand can get on their high horse as often as you seem to.
                        But you are boring.

I'm sorry.

Comment

Well, you haven't disputed any of it, except for game saying , using lame analogies or being condescending.....
                          I've been complementing you.
                          Calling you boring is just an honest assessment , and I don't mean to offend.

I don't understand how someone with their head buried in the sand can get on their high horse as often as you seem to.
                          But you are boring.

I'm sorry.
                          Lol
                          You dont have to be sorry & I find you very boring as well but you just keep on following, writing about & giving your hard earned to a game that manufactures results by the NRL it's game managers, News Corp & Murdoch. Smart

Comment

When choosing a diagnosis between incompetence or conspiracy, choose incompetence every time. In my opinion:
                            - by continually diluting refereeing (video, bunker, pocket ref etc) the NRL has diluted both accountability and confidence in refs
                            - the standard of refereeing falls due to both of the above
                            - referees that show bias or succumb to crowd pressure are not held accountable
                            - the spectre of gambling over the game ceates smoke if not fire when bad refereeing comes into play

I believe that Greenberg is the worst thing to happen to rugby league and his careerism is hurting our game.

Comment

Working...
                            X