Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have you ever wondered why we cannot vote??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Brain View Post
    so we all agree Kim Jong-un should be next in line after Nick and the whole team has to have the same hair cut as our new fearless leader
    my vote still goes to voldemort

Comment

If I were allowed a vote, I wouldn't have picked up two pisspots and a guy who likes hitting women.

SUPER DRAGON!

Comment

[QUOTE=redrooster;n669485]
        Well its got nothing to do with results on the field.

the club could win a premiership every year for the next 10 years and the many people , and yes the list is very long, would still want the clubs voting and board structure to be transparent and operate in a way that is like all companies and football clubs.

Perhaps if you read Trewhellas post you might see I was referring to the pessimistic attitude he has over 1 poor season.
        Embrace the Hate! JC

Comment

Originally posted by redrooster View Post
          Many of our fans have said this in the past.. its a very valid point..

Its setup to protect you know who, so you know who can run the club the way he wants..

The board is made up people who are close friends with you know who..

You know who has done some great things for our club.. but its really no way to run a 'professional' football club..

Weve lost some great rugby league people over the years only because they had a different outlook to you know who on decisions made..

We are not a football club.. we are a very rich mans plaything

And the amount of success weve had in the last 41 years (2 premierships) , does not warrant you know who to have the immunity that he currently enjoys
          What's Voldemort got to do with any of this?

I'm happy with Politis. He does deliver us the occasional premiership and the occasional superstar.

Comment

Originally posted by John Corey View Post

That's why we are referred to as 'fans'. I'm often amazed at times by the self importance of some fans. Not to mention the pessimistic attitude.

We have had one poor year in the last 4 , yet we should all have no faith in the people that gave us that. We need a voice!

No we don't. We just need to be fans and support our team through the good times and the bad.
            Well said like always John.

Comment

The issue with the current setup is that its there to serve one man. We have people on the board who dont even watch rugby league and could not care less about the Roosters. They are successful and only on the board because of a friendship, they are yes men.

the problem with this current setup is that if anything were to happen to he who is in charge the club would literary be up the creek without a paddle.

Over the years we had many people come knocking, other real Roosters people who want to be involved, who want to help the football club.

Theyve been shunned away. Not because their bad people and not because of their lack of ability or motivation. You are not welcome unless your a Yes man. And to be safe the only yes men allowed are friends.

In the late 90s soon after the fallout of superleague, there was a consortium of 5 people , extremely wealthy and successful businessmen from the eastern suburbs who were life long Roosters supporters.

They were told where to go.

Weve lost some tremendous rugby league people to our club over the years because they would not be allowed in. They werent even treated with the respect you think they would deserve.

I know people been in the queue waiting for a football club membership for 20years. I wonder how long it took for some of our current board members to get their applications approved.

It is what it is. Loved the team since the day I was born. But the structure of the club is a farce.

I dont wish to post about this anymore.

Comment

OK, Ive read all the responses and certainly see a trend.

We need a couple of players for next year....I stand by that.
                That fact may have nothing to do with the point I am making.
                Sorry about that.

Red rooster is clearly a thinker,
                he is simply stating what I perceive as the truth.

Half of you guys jumped down his throat for stating the obvious.

Cronulla put together a very strong board.
                It functioned very well in 2016. Off field and on. Hardly the "Steve Sharp", experience.
                Keogh was in charge and he built a group of men who could each contribute in their own unique way.

It was multifaceted.

The problem with a dictatorship is that he surrounds himself with people who will not challenge his own belief system.
                If they do, they are quickly shown where they are wrong rather than right or they are moved along.

After reading this thread it makes me realise how entrenched some supporters are in this model.
                Good for them.
                You would fit in well in a communist regime.
                Just stick to your Tai Chi.....

I actually think this a topic worth debating.

barbarian ......arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh!!!!!!!

Comment

I would never want a say in the club. To the normal person it is a thankless job with absolutely no upside. The only people drawn to it have insane egos and more money than sense.

I'll keep throwing rocks from the cheap seats and let the narcissists in our front office do what they like, thanks (well, not really that cheap and increasing in price every year for no apparent reason)

Comment

Its comforting to know that when you know who does step down we have people like Mad-Rooster-in Hong-Kong or Lemon_Elvis who can come in & continue the legacy.

Comment

[QUOTE=John Corey;n669499]
                      Well its got nothing to do with results on the field.

the club could win a premiership every year for the next 10 years and the many people , and yes the list is very long, would still want the clubs voting and board structure to be transparent and operate in a way that is like all companies and football clubs.

Perhaps if you read Trewhellas post you might see I was referring to the pessimistic attitude he has over 1 poor season.

Mate second last.
                      Pessimism warranted.
                      Wont be much better next year with our current roster.
                      barbarian ......arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh!!!!!!!

Comment

The issue with the current setup is that its there to serve one man. We have people on the board who dont even watch rugby league and could not care less about the Roosters. They are successful and only on the board because of a friendship, they are yes men.

the problem with this current setup is that if anything were to happen to he who is in charge the club would literary be up the creek without a paddle.

Over the years we had many people come knocking, other real Roosters people who want to be involved, who want to help the football club.

Theyve been shunned away. Not because their bad people and not because of their lack of ability or motivation. You are not welcome unless your a Yes man. And to be safe the only yes men allowed are friends.

In the late 90s soon after the fallout of superleague, there was a consortium of 5 people , extremely wealthy and successful businessmen from the eastern suburbs who were life long Roosters supporters.

Weve lost some tremendous rugby league people to our club over the years because they would not be allowed in. They werent even treated with the respect you think they would deserve.

I know people been in the queue waiting for a football club membership for 20years. I wonder how long it took for some of our current board members to get their applications approved.

It is what it is. Loved the team since the day I was born. But the structure of the club is a farce.

Very concise and well articulated RR.

Like you i'm not throwing stones at il Duce or unappreciative of his contributions over many years just merely annoyed at the stonewalling and inequity shown towards "other" plebs.

Comment

If you let all the idiots vote, you end up with a board like Parramatta....

Comment

Care to name some?

Regardless, IMO it all depends what they are doing. Business decisions are often better made when you are not emotionally attached.

Correct me if I'm wrong but Uncle Nick is actually more of a soccer fan - his dream was for Sydney Olympic to be Australia's best team. A mate who played there for their youth team said it was all BS because all the Greek players got fat bonuses for no reason (would all skip training, smoke before/during/after games...etc) and he'd be called a hog for not passing the ball to Greek players. IMO he's less attached to us and more business-like.

Comment

[QUOTE=trewhella;n669528]
                              Originally posted by John Corey View Post

Mate second last.
                              Pessimism warranted.
                              Wont be much better next year with our current roster.
                              I've read your posts for many years mate. You know as well as I do that you can't always win premierships. You can't always win minor premierships. And you won't always make the final 8.

Whilst I never expect to come second last, I think it's pretty obvious that everything that could go wrong, did go wrong. Pearce, injuries, loss of 3/4 of our spine, kids as replacements etc. Not to mention 7 or 8 very close losses.

It was an anomaly. We have had a great run and I still think the roster is strong. There is plenty of reason to be an optimist for 2017. Not a pessimist.

And that same board set up that was in place for our second last this year, was also in place for a premiership and 3 minor premierships since 2013.

Just my opinion of course.
                              Embrace the Hate! JC

Comment

Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post
                                Its comforting to know that when you know who does step down we have people like Mad-Rooster-in Hong-Kong or Lemon_Elvis who can come in & continue the legacy.
                                I say yes man to this.

They also have the recruitment front covered too along with Thats Footy and Sonny Days. POS who????
                                Originally posted by King Salvo 'Tedesco and Woods will be more than likely Dogs signings but both will give Tigers last shot - we are not in the race anymore'

Comment

Working...
                                X