ANOTHER SOUFFS PLAYER COMING

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ANOTHER SOUFFS PLAYER COMING

The Roosters have signed yet another Bunny with 20s backrower Brock Gray the latest player to trade Redfern for Bondi.
    Having already signed Nat Butcher and Luke Keary out of the South Sydney system, the Roosters have signed Gray on a two-year-deal after he wasn’t offered a new contract by his junior club.
    Manly prop Tyson Andrews and (R) Bears second rower Brock Gray face off.
    Source: News Corp Australia
    The younger brother of NRL centre Aaron Gray, the 20-year-old was part of the 2014 emerging Blues squad.
    Gray will compete for a place in the first grade squad but can expect to start 2017 with Wyong in the Intrust Super Premiership.
    Gray will fill the void left by Mitch Frei who has returned to Queensland.
    1911 1912 1913 1923 1935 1936 1937 1940 1945 1974 1975 2002 2013 2018 2019 2020

http://rugbyleagueweek.com.au/gray-t...ed-white-blue/

August 14 2016... didn't know Frei was leaving (and I'm guessing no connection given we signed Gray in August).

Comment

Let's grab as many juniors as they can if they want to play silly buggers with our kids.

Comment

i wonder if the twin Freis in the nyc team are related to mitch
        1911 1912 1913 1923 1935 1936 1937 1940 1945 1974 1975 2002 2013 2018 2019 2020

Comment

Originally posted by roosterproud View Post
          I believe they are all brothers bro.

Comment

The last time we signed a heap of players from one club because we had it in for them (Bulldogs) it did not end well for us.....

Get ready for a few years in the wilderness before we re-focus and get back to the top..

Comment

Originally posted by Pass the Ball View Post
              The last time we signed a heap of players from one club because we had it in for them (Bulldogs) it did not end well for us.....

Get ready for a few years in the wilderness before we re-focus and get back to the top..
              This comparison makes no sense. Those players were on massive coin and took up a large part of our salary cap. The Souths players, Keary excepted are on chump change and signed for depth.

Comment

Wow, all these awesome signings, looks like we are chasing the NSW cup. Think I will throw a few hundred on Wyong next year.

Comment

Originally posted by roosterproud View Post
                  Yup literally all you have to do is look at them and you can tell they're related, look so alike.
                  But I am actually excited about what the youngest 2 will offer in the future, especially Brendan. As for Mitchell, I'm still trying to work out why he took over goal kicking duties in round 26 when Fergo was nailing them, and then Mitch had 1 shot and it was a shocker

Comment

I actually think Keary is a decent signing.

Offers way more than the pedestrian Hastings. We were not going to be competitive with him in the squad.

Watson has ability but lacks a passing and kicking game.
                    Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

Comment

Originally posted by Vasco View Post
                      I actually think Keary is a decent signing.

Offers way more than the pedestrian Hastings. We were not going to be competitive with him in the squad.

Watson has ability but lacks a passing and kicking game.
                      With a little luck Watson will be the best utility in the NRL by seasons end in 2017. Keary is a good running 5/8 but he lacks organising skills and is an average general play kicker and defender. However he is a big step up from Hastings, just his energy and speed alone will make a big difference to our attack.
                      Last edited by TDK; 11-04-2016, 06:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Insider View Post
                        Wow, all these awesome signings, looks like we are chasing the NSW cup. Think I will throw a few hundred on Wyong next year.

Carter, Knight, Gordon and Keary are good signings and will add to our playing strengths. However the rest of our signings are wyong specials and depth players.

Comment

Originally posted by TDK View Post

Carter, Knight, Gordon and Keary are good signings and will add to our playing strengths. However the rest of our signings are wyong specials and depth players.
                          ​You haven't got the hang of it TDK - this time of year is all about moaning about the squad we have, our lack of depth in all positions, our choice of captain and our inability to make a marquee signing.

​Get with the program.

Comment

Tetevano may challenge for a spot too.

Comment

Working...
                            X