No announcement yet.

Braith Anasta close to signing with Penrith for 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Something had to give, we can't afford them all, ...financially and in the team make-up.

Anasta is really a 5/8, not a forward in the 2012 game.

Carney or Anasta, we had to pick one.

We need big forwards, to match the other teams.

Braith has captained the club and team out of the mess it was in a couple of years ago.
    If he is going, best wishes to him with that.
    Last edited by bondi-boy; 06-21-2011, 11:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bondi-boy View Post
      Something had to give, we can't afford them all, ...financially and in the team make-up.

Anasta is really a 5/8.

Couldn't have put it better myself.....

Comment

Originally posted by Kingbilly View Post
        I am going to stand and say, I would rather he stayed on less money.
        He aint the greatest but he aint the worst. He has contributed alot over the years he has been here.

Even though he has been hitting the TV, the accussations of being a media whore are mostly of others doings.

But its ok, when he is gone we will have the legend cherrington there to win games, well at least in the trials.
        Hitler unified Germany. Pol Pot made Cambodia safe for stupid people. Stalin gave us Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn because of the Gulags.

Yes, I know I'm abusing sarcasm. But so are you.

Comment

Originally posted by bondi-boy View Post

Anasta is really a 5/8, not a forward in the 2012 game.

Braith has captained the club and team out of the mess it was in a couple of years ago.
          If he is going, best wishes to him with that.
          Well said, I hold nothing against Braith... he's always given his all.

Comment

Actually Madduke,
            I was not being sacastic at all, as unbelievable as it may seem to alot of people here, the guy has some honour and heart.
            The Internet is a place for posting silly things
            Try and be serious and you will look stupid
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster_6 View Post
              he's always given his all.
              Has he?

Comment

I hope he goes just to stop a thousand threads callng for his head. He plays with a lot of passion and heart. I don't understand the uproar about the bloke being on TV. Foxpsorts ask him to come into the studio and he agrees. Any other player would do that.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnL View Post
                  I hope he goes just to stop a thousand threads callng for his head. He plays with a lot of passion and heart. I don't understand the uproar about the bloke being on TV. Foxpsorts ask him to come into the studio and he agrees. Any other player would do that.
                  these threads will just be replaced with threads with other peoples names in the title.

Comment

I got a text message this morning saying he has agreed to a 3 year deal with Penrith for $380,000 a year and he will take over as captain.
                    Official announcement will be made closer to the time of the semi-finals.

Great news. Don't let the door hit your arse on the way out Braith.

Comment

weve found life witrhout fitzy exists we can do so without braith too!?

Comment

Originally posted by stephenj View Post
                        weve found life witrhout fitzy exists we can do so without braith too!?
                        Fitzy was a champion and Braith is ... well, he is Braith. We won't miss him at all.

Comment

Captain of the year one year, surplus to requirements the next.

Personally I agree with Bondi-Boy. I have nothing against Braith, but there is no spot in the team for him (assuming Carney finds his Kavorca again). Carney is a better 5/8 and there is not a spot in the pack for him.

I never liked the look of the pack with both Maubs and Anasta - and out of the 2 I would definitely take Maubs. Throw in Symonds as well - you need more work up the middle from your backrow than these guys provide as a group.

In saying that, he led the team exceptionally well last year and almost pulled off in an amazing premiership win.

If the rumours are true, the release of Anasta, Myles, Conn and Piggy should free up a lot more money than we are spending on blokes like Brosden, Mitchell and Latu - even considering a lot of young blokes have had upgrades.

Throws up the issue again of the Captaincy for next year. Anasta gone, Myles gone....

Hopefully Ryles' body is up to it - we will need his experience now. There is not much left.

Comment

Pearce will be the captain for many years to come...

Comment

Originally posted by Fleabag Fletch View Post
                              Throws up the issue again of the Captaincy for next year. Anasta gone, Myles gone....

Hopefully Ryles' body is up to it - we will need his experience now. There is not much left.
                              Cometh the man, cometh the hour.

He will be leading NSW one day. JJ's time to step up for the chooks. I believe he is quite capable.

Comment

Originally posted by Mad_Rooster_In_Hong Kong View Post
                                I got a text message this morning saying he has agreed to a 3 year deal with Penrith for $380,000 a year and he will take over as captain.
                                Official announcement will be made closer to the time of the semi-finals.

Great news. Don't let the door hit your arse on the way out Braith.
                                A contract for 380k over 3 years is decent coin for him and i think he would be silly not to take the cash and run. I think he needs a change, he has given good service and eaten decent cap space but its time to get rid of the Bulldogs buying Era.

Comment

Working...
                                X