Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sign Ben Barba

Lifeline for 2017.

Anyone who thinks a cocaine infringement is cause from concern in the modern game has their head up their a$$.

Sign him up immediately.

I've read he has a 12 week ban as it's his second drug infringement, so 2017 may not be an option.

Footy is the last thing this bloke needs to be thinking about - he has a lot of ongoing issues and needs to clean himself up, for the sake of himself and his family.
    Last edited by novice chook; 11-08-2016, 12:26 PM.
    Supporting the RW&B, through good times and bad times.

Comment

I was waiting for this to happen.

No, let's not sign Ben Barba.

We can't continue to build our team on sand, particularly the spine. It means we're a walking time bomb, waiting to explode and derail our season.

Comment

Originally posted by novice chook View Post
        IFooty is the last thing this bloke needs to be thinking about - he has a lot of ongoing issues and needs to clean himself up, for the sake of himself and his family.
        As much as I agree with you that he needs to sort himself out he obviously doesn't want to, same as our own number 7 who trumpet's out the same BS whenever he get's caught out with his substance abuse...It's the same BS lines they all use... Barba's a party boy always has and will always try to be..If the NRL thinks these silly substance addiction problems will change with lengthy suspensions lol they won't..Too much money and free time on their hands.

On signing him, why the hell not as we have a dickheads only policy these days anyway and atleast he's capapble of ripping others a new ahole.

Comment

Probably used up all his chances in the NRL by now. Might get a gig in SL maybe.

Comment

I suspect it won't be easy for a club to re-register Barba any time in the next year or so, he is a repeat offender and the NRL will want Barba and any club he wants to sign with to jump through hoops so he can play. I mean the bloke's career would probably by dead in the water right now if Greenturd had not covered up his previous problems to the extent he did.

Barba has been a ticking timebomb ever since 2013, and has finally detonated. No surprise really,

He's the last recruit the Roosters need. There are only so many 'rehabilitation' players a squad should contain - and I reckon we are at our limit, espec with the 'cheap and cheerful?' recruitments of Carter and Tetevano for 2017.

Comment

Lets make it happen.

Imo he is a must.

Comment

I suspect it won't be easy for a club to re-register Barba any time in the next year or so, he is a repeat offender and the NRL will want Barba and any club he wants to sign with to jump through hoops so he can play. I mean the bloke's career would probably by dead in the water right now if Greenturd had not covered up his previous problems to the extent he did.

Barba has been a ticking timebomb ever since 2013, and has finally detonated. No surprise really,

He's the last recruit the Roosters need. There are only so many 'rehabilitation' players a squad should contain - and I reckon we are at our limit, espec with the 'cheap and cheerful?' recruitments of Carter and Tetevano for 2017.
                NRL have banned him for 12 weeks so he is good to go after this.

We need a team of bad asses who everyone fears. He has x factor which we dont.have apart from Mitchell and he is only 19 and let him tear it up in the centres Inglis style at the early stages of his career.
                Last edited by Lemon_Elvis; 11-08-2016, 01:35 PM.

Comment

No thanks....

Comment

Surely there is more to this...

You don't just "part company" with a guy like Ben Barba because he celebrated winning the premiership....

​Do you???

Comment

Joey Johns was made an immortal snorting right through his career ..mso why not
                      Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Comment

Originally posted by The Brain View Post
                        Popped ecky like vitamins did the immortal
                        Roosters For Ever

Comment

Originally posted by The Brain View Post
                          Yes, back in the good old days when drug testing by the NRL was a hit and miss affair, which is not the case nowdays.

If we had the current drug testing regime during the careers of the likes of JoE and Fittler, they would been lucky to achieve first grade careers, let alone rep ones.

Comment

Originally posted by Pass the Ball View Post
                            Surely there is more to this...

You don't just "part company" with a guy like Ben Barba because he celebrated winning the premiership....

​Do you???
                            Yeah because the Bronco's are no longer paying a sizable portion of his massive contract, his contract runs out next year so why pay the reported $800K for a guy to play half a year. Throw in that Valentine Holmes wants to play Fullback and they have backup in the three quarters to accommodate his move to Fullback.

Comment

Yes, back in the good old days when drug testing by the NRL was a hit and miss affair, which is not the case nowdays.

If we had the current drug testing regime during the careers of the likes of JoE and Fittler, they would been lucky to achieve first grade careers, let alone rep ones.
                              There was a lot more and worse than them.
                              Players do it as not to get pissed thats the unfortunate thing about it .
                              Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Comment

Working...
                              X