No announcement yet.

Sign Ben Barba

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remember back to the early rep days post superleague. What happened with Robbie O'Davis and most of the Newcastle rep players?
    Written and published on behalf of the Liberal Party, Queensland

Comment

Originally posted by Cockadoodledoo View Post

Yeah because the Bronco's are no longer paying a sizable portion of his massive contract, his contract runs out next year so why pay the reported $800K for a guy to play half a year. Throw in that Valentine Holmes wants to play Fullback and they have backup in the three quarters to accommodate his move to Fullback.

And we miss out on Holmes. I'd have turfed SKD for Holmes in a nano.

Chook.

Comment

Originally posted by Chook View Post

Chook.

That's the Ron Jones way , ain't it ?

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy Smith View Post
          I was waiting for this to happen.

No, let's not sign Ben Barba.

We can't continue to build our team on sand, particularly the spine. It means we're a walking time bomb, waiting to explode and derail our season.
          Agree. We have assembled a team of troubled players who have been tossed out by their former clubs for repeat indiscretions. Having one or two of these players is risky but having four or five is a disaster waiting to happen. One bad headline can ruin our season again. The press are just waiting to say I told you so and tear us a new one. As for Barba, he has serious issues and is a repeat offender.

Comment

Originally posted by novice chook View Post
            I've read he has a 12 week ban as it's his second drug infringement, so 2017 may not be an option.

Footy is the last thing this bloke needs to be thinking about - he has a lot of ongoing issues and needs to clean himself up, for the sake of himself and his family.
            Love it!! Pearce gets drunk and behaves like an idiot... 1/2 a season out!

Same club as Barba rips up Carney's contract when somebody secretly photographs him doing a drunken gag in the man's toilets.

Berba has his 2nd negative drug result, beats up his mrs and goes off the rails with some gambling debt (with alleged underworld connections)... 12 WEEKS, GIVE IM ANOTHER CHANCE!!!

Yeah nah yeah yeah nah mate... sack him. He's had enough chances.

IMO Carney was farked over big time. Lost his NRL career because he had a beer with FPN then did a drunken gag at his new club (which some guy illegally photographed). Bring back the Carnage!!!
            Last edited by ism22; 11-11-2016, 11:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ism22 View Post

Love it!! Pearce gets drunk and behaves like an idiot... 1/2 a season out!

Same club as Barba rips up Carney's contract when somebody secretly photographs him doing a drunken gag in the man's toilets.

Berba has his 2nd negative drug result, beats up his mrs and goes off the rails with some gambling debt (with alleged underworld connections)... 12 WEEKS, GIVE IM ANOTHER CHANCE!!!

Yeah nah yeah yeah nah mate... sack him. He's had enough chances.

IMO Carney was farked over big time. Lost his NRL career because he had a beer with FPN then did a drunken gag at his new club (which some guy illegally photographed). Bring back the Carnage!!!
              Heck yehh even tho Barba is a must for me if Carney was to come back wow! Pearcey and him back together, premiserships he we come!

Comment

On Barba and Carney.

You must praise our club's approach as we sort out the chaff from the wheat.

Comment

Originally posted by The Axe View Post
                  Remember back to the early rep days post superleague. What happened with Robbie O'Davis and most of the Newcastle rep players?
                  Gidley jumped a fence to avoid a drug test... no adverse finding there.

Comment

Originally posted by ism22 View Post

Gidley jumped a fence to avoid a drug test... no adverse finding there.
                    Lol you don't have a good memory do you?

It was one of Adam McDougall's younger brothers which did that and I was too young to be aware at the time but have read about it a few years back when it was brought up on LU somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Chook View Post

Chook.
                      Was it ever reported apart from here or the Telecrap that Holmes was coming to the Roosters?

Comment

I dont think the Roosters should go after Barba.

Comment

Originally posted by Lemon_Elvis View Post

Was it ever reported apart from here or the Telecrap that Holmes was coming to the Roosters?

Not sure, but Homes would be a better target than Barba imo.

Chook.

Comment

funny
                            barbarian ......arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh!!!!!!!

Comment

Lol seriously must we start a thread on buying every player that suddenly comes on the market? No thanks to Ben Barba!

Comment

Sign Ben Barba

Build a wall between Easts and Souths

Let's make Roosters great again

Comment

Working...
                                X