Copley being shopped

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vasco View Post
    Copley was ordinary early on, as were the other 16 players on the field with him.

Once he returned from injury I thought he showed glimpses of his potential.

His main problem was in defence. He couldn't read a picture book.
    Ferguson was appalling in defence as well, worse than Copley I reckon - and was rewarded with Origin and Australian jumpers. Go figure ...

Copley is a decent footballer - his main issue is that he is injury prone, so struggles to get consistent footy under his belt.

All I hope for is that the Chooks do not go with a SKD/Fergo centre/wing combo in 2017 - it's nothing more than a clear passage to the line for the opposition, whilst our dumb and dumber trip over their own feet and flail their arms around aimlessly.
    Supporting the RW&B, through good times and bad times.

Comment

Originally posted by ism22 View Post
      > Jennings’ departure frees up significant salary cap space for the Tricolours with Copley’s three-year deal believed to be in the vicinity of $400K, with the Broncos paying a sizeable portion of his first year in Sydney.

All up he's cost us less than $400k for 3 years. He's cheap as chips!!!

The other piece of the puzzle is that we signed him before SKD had his court hearing. He was in the hands of the court and we had no idea how that was gonna go. A conviction woulda ended his career though (so we needed a backup option, with very few on the market and Jennings telling us there was no chance he'd stay).
      350k per year, not 400k total for 3yrs. Same as what skd is on, tragic we pay so much to get so little in return.

Comment

Originally posted by milanja View Post

350k per year, not 400k total for 3yrs. Same as what skd is on, tragic we pay so much to get so little in return.
        The amazing thing to come out of it all was that he was apparently on $400K a year at the Bronco's, so we ended up only footing around $175K a year last season. Tell me how he was on $400K a year at the Bronco's, yet Roberts is on $250K, Corey Parker was on $250K and Milford $400K? I guess Copley probably wasn't getting a fortnightly visit from Andrew Gee.
        Last edited by Cockadoodledoo; 11-29-2016, 06:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cockadoodledoo View Post

The amazing thing to come out of it all was that he was apparently on $400K a year at the Bronco's, so we ended up only footing around $175K a year last season. Tell me how he was on $400K a year at the Bronco's, yet Roberts is on $250K, Corey Parker was on $250K and Milford $400K? I guess Copley problem wasn't getting a fortnightly visit from Andrew Gee.
          And how Brisbane managed to pay both him and barba to play elsewhere with their squad..

Comment

Originally posted by Bigchook View Post

And how Brisbane managed to pay both him and barba to play elsewhere with their squad..
            That was another weird one. He was on $800K at the Bronco's and they were paying $400K for him. The maths on their players just don't add up whatsoever.

Comment

Working...
            X