Uh oh..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uh oh..

FOUND him. Nick Politis, that is. Found him in Greece yesterday and he has come out swinging for his embattled coach Brian Smith.

"He has my complete support and that of the board," Politis said down the line. "He isn't going anywhere."

The classic, 'full support of the board'... LOL!!!

(from http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/nr...-1226085921074)

FOUND him. Nick Politis, that is. Found him in Greece yesterday and he has come out swinging for his embattled coach Brian Smith.

"He has my complete support and that of the board," Politis said down the line. "He isn't going anywhere."

The smoke is still coming off colleague Paul Kent's explosive Sydney Roosters story yesterday claiming Smith has lost the dressing room, which isn't easy to do given they are large rectangular objects found beneath stadiums.

Boom-tish!

Sorry, you have to laugh otherwise you would cry if you're a Roosters fan given how this season has transpired.

There is talk about the players being unhappy, especially five-eighth Todd Carney.

Kent reported that Carney wants out, which is a bit rich from the five-eighth given how much the club and in particular Politis has stood by him in the past year.

There's a belief at the Roosters that newly appointed assistant coach Matt Elliott will be a good influence with Carney, having coached him at Canberra.

Politis is also adamant that when Smith was asked to front the board earlier this week it wasn't for a "please explain" but just a normal discussion the coach has with the directors every two or three months. Yet there is no escaping the Roosters are experiencing dark times.

This column revealed last week there was speculation forward Nate Myles was on the nose with some players and officials because his head space appeared to already be at the Titans.

That prompted a phone call from Smith, who said that could not be further from the truth.

Matt Johns does not seem convinced, though, if you listened to his scorching assessment on Triple M's The Grill yesterday morning: "I don't know if Nate was holding himself back for State Of Origin [and] didn't want to get injured, or whether Nate has had a fallout with Brian and a fallout with the players, or whether he's got his eye on next year because he's off to the Titans."
    Last edited by Geohood; 07-02-2011, 05:37 PM.

RUH ROH!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Madduke View Post
      RUH ROH!!!!!

RE :your signature
      Ferris Ashton,his wife Patricia,and son Greg,paid us a visit@cafe foveaux last week,I was absolutely beside myself when they walked in.
      I listened to his every word for the whole hour he was there.
      I got photos,and I will be uploading,when I learn how to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by past glory View Post
        Ferris Ashton,his wife Patricia,and son Greg,paid us a visit@cafe foveaux last week,I was absolutely beside myself when they walked in.
        Mate, that is like a visit from royalty !
        Can't wait for the photos

Comment

Ate at the Cafe Foveoux the other night with some friends, is that yours Past Glory? Very nice. The oysters were sublime.

Comment

Originally posted by past glory View Post
            Mr. Ashton is an exemplar example of loyalty. Simple as that.

Comment

asalubrious establishment befitting royalty jimmy!

Comment

Working...
              X