No announcement yet.

TWITTER: Friend and Linnett gaaawwwwnnnn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

if Smith sees Linnett purely as a centre he might be of the view that Cheyse Blair or TauTau Moga are cheaper/better options for next year, Blair has been 18th man for a few games recently until he got suspended in the NYC and TauTau Moga is a try scoring freak with plenty of speed/power.

Comment

Linnett has not relly shown us much other than that he tries hard and is capable of picking up major injuries

If he goes he goes

Comment

Originally posted by fletch View Post
        if Smith sees Linnett purely as a centre he might be of the view that Cheyse Blair or TauTau Moga are cheaper/better options for next year, Blair has been 18th man for a few games recently until he got suspended in the NYC and TauTau Moga is a try scoring freak with plenty of speed/power.
        Next season is really Blair's make or break year, I think he'll do better in First Grade than he does in 20's because he runs some great lines but doesn't really have the natural flair to shine in the 20's. Totally different player to Moga who is probably still a year or two away from first grade. Both great options though + Justin Carney & Leilua. Wouldn't be a massive blow, Jake Friend I just can't understand at all though...

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster Cogburn View Post
          Stephen Hawking would make this team if he were available.

Quentin and Steddy Eddy would make our current roster

Comment

Justin Carney is rubbish and should be punted, has not offered anything this year except blowing a few try scoring chances.

there are still some question marks over Blairs attitude, he was another junior star that believed he is entitled to an easy ride into first grade, such a shame he got himself suspended for 6 weeks because he was very close after some better NYC performances to getting a start in first grade, he is more a defensive center than a game breaker.

has it crossed anyone elses mind that Linnett wants out and that Smith knows he is going, hence his reluctance to play him in first grade, if the rumours are true and Linnett goes to Cronulla he would be moving closer to home.

Comment

Anyone think Glen Dumbrell could offer more?

Comment

I'm shattered at losing Ash Graham, he is a tremendous centre for the cows.

I'll be more disappointed at losing Sugarcane Linnett than Friend. I rate linnett, i see a bit of Matt Cooper in him, one of the few with a bit of flair and a brain to match.

As for Friend, he is only a tackle machine. Can someone remind me the last time friend made a clean break? I have seen more in the few titan games that young hooker Matt Srama played than in friends career. We should have signed Isaac De Gois, another miss.

Anyone, losing players is a consequence of being crap.
                Who said 13 was an unlucky number? 13th Premiership in yr 13 on our 100th anniversary of our 1913 premiership.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky Rhodes View Post
                  I'm shattered at losing Ash Graham, he is a tremendous centre for the cows.
                  Happy Birthday mate... that is funny about Graham, he was rumoured to be coming here a while back and people were blowing up. Now he is rumoured to go the the Knights yet people point out that it is evidence that Friend is a gun is because Bennett wants him. What does that say about Graham?

Comment

Funny you should say that, I'm sitting on the bench this week.....I might pack my boots!

As for Jake, he has. The ability to be much more than a worker.....jman tell me this rumor is crap.....please

Comment

I remember the Dragons chased Friend hard last time he was off contract, it's quite obvious Bennett is a massive fan and why wouldn't he be. If others did some of the defensive work we might actually get to see his attack, geez I'm scared next year if we've let Myles & Friend go.

Stand up Lou Goodwin.... woops, shit!

Comment

Originally posted by Cockadoodledoo View Post
                        Anyone think Glen Dumbrell could offer more?
                        No he'd just end up having to do all the defence like Friend... the best part of this is that Aubusson will be making 50 tackles a game next season and people will complain because his attack isn't what it used to be, just got to wonder when the penny will drop.

Comment

lol......id be checking his availability again Coggy, that is one guy that really does have a good motor. We might have to rig up some sort of pulley system to get his arm up for all those farkin stupid high 5's they do. Actually with all the mistakes he'll make a titanium hand would probably be a wise investment as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster_6 View Post
                            No he'd just end up having to do all the defence like Friend... the best part of this is that Aubusson will be making 50 tackles a game next season and people will complain because his attack isn't what it used to be, just got to wonder when the penny will drop.
                            Maybe with Jake not there some of the other guys will have no option but to have a dig. I love his courage but the number 9 also now is central to a teams attack and he really lacks in that area. Hopefully we might have a couple extra workers in the back row next year.

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Gunn View Post
                              Funny you should say that, I'm sitting on the bench this week.....I might pack my boots!

As for Jake, he has. The ability to be much more than a worker.....jman tell me this rumor is crap.....please
                              Got get em BG!

Comment

Originally posted by Cockadoodledoo View Post
                                Maybe with Jake not there some of the other guys will have no option but to have a dig. I love his courage but the number 9 also now is central to a teams attack and he really lacks in that area. Hopefully we might have a couple extra workers in the back row next year.
                                Every coach in the NRL wishes the answer was that easy, Hargreaves & Anasta are the only ones who have shown the ability to be great cover defenders and even then their technique can let them down at times plus Hargreaves doesn't mind a good rush out of the line. The rest lack the technique or mobility to be great defenders. Maubs is our next best defender after Nate and Friend, I'd hate to see his attacking ability wasted because he's the only one capable of making tackle upon tackle.

If the answer was that easy then players like Dallas Johnson wouldn't exist.

Personally I think Anasta needs to transform himself into a lock or needs to find a new club. He's capable of doing it if he can get his head around it.

Comment

Working...
                                X