Interesting stat on player loyalty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting stat on player loyalty

YOUR CLUB’S TALLY OF PROPER CLUBMEN (Players who have been active in 2017; debuted & stayed at club; or completed 10 consecutive seasons; or UK imports with just one NRL club; & not committed elsewhere for 2018)
    BRONCOS: 12 (of 22 players used in 2017)
    BULLDOGS: 11 (20)
    COWBOYS: 15 (26)
    DRAGONS: 8 (20)
    EELS: 8 (23)
    KNIGHTS: 11 (22)
    PANTHERS: 16 (25)
    RABBITOHS: 16 (25)
    RAIDERS: 9 (22)
    ROOSTERS: 13 (21)
    SEA EAGLES: 7 (24)
    SHARKS: 7 (22)
    STORM: 16 (22)
    TITANS: 13 (28)
    WARRIORS: 14 (25)
    WESTS TIGERS: 9 (21)

http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-...15396d3e3e9478

what's interesting about it

Comment

Originally posted by boogie View Post
      what's interesting about it
      Nothing that I can see.

Comment

Some people may find it interesting.

The two responses above, sadly as usual, add nothing and should not have been posted.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Tobin View Post
          Some people may find it interesting.

The two responses above, sadly as usual, add nothing and should not have been posted.
          Really Tobin? Did we need that post to reinforce the belief that the old clichés about the Roosters are not true. We really do have juniors, we really do develop players long term, etc. So what? All Roosters supporters know the truth. Who gives a fark what the media or the followers of other clubs say?

Comment

Originally posted by Elvis Rooster View Post

Really Tobin? Did we need that post to reinforce the belief that the old clichés about the Roosters are not true. We really do have juniors, we really do develop players long term, etc. So what? All Roosters supporters know the truth. Who gives a fark what the media or the followers of other clubs say?

So say that in your response then.

All that you and your mate ridiculing the poster does is dissuade him from being here. If you want you and your mate to end up being the only ones here then carry on.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Tobin View Post

So say that in your response then.

All that you and your mate ridiculing the poster does is dissuade him from being here. If you want you and your mate to end up being the only ones here then carry on.
              Exactly.
              The narky, sarcastic personal comments are really annoying and rude. I think those stats reinforce what a lot of Roosters fans already know and wish other fans would also realise and would stop bleating about how we always poach players. It also doesn't surprise me that the Sharks and Raiders have the weakest stats on this list.

Comment

Yawn. Anyone who is genuinely upset about the word 'poached' being used in the media to refer to our recruitment is a moron. Simple.

Comment

Yawn. Anyone who is genuinely upset about the word 'poached' being used in the media to refer to our recruitment is a moron. Simple.
                  Thanks for the personal insult ER. As usual you can't put your POV across without the insult. For the record, I don't feel moronic when I read these poaching comments in the media.

Comment

That may be your opinion but barely anyone gives a tinker's. Please, play nice.

Comment

Tupou, Mitchell, Manu, Kenny-Dowall, Pearce, Friend, Napa, Cordner, Aubusson, Guerra, Evans, Liu and Watson all have debuted for us and only ever played for us.

Of the starting team this week, only Gordan (Panthers, Sharks, Eels), Ferguson (Sharks, Raiders), Keary (Souths), JWH (Manly) and SST (Warriors) played for other clubs before signing for us. Of those, JWH played 6 games for Manly and SST played 1 for the warriors.

In recent years, RTS, Elliot, Hastings, FPN and Martin Kennedy debuted with us before transferring to other clubs.

Comment

Originally posted by Red. View Post

That may be your opinion but barely anyone gives a tinker's. Please, play nice.
                        Always a pleasure dealing with you Red. The Chookpen is so fortunate to have you.

Comment

I didn't ridicule anybody I just don't see what's interesting what am I supposed to be looking at is it the roosters number because what's interesting is the people who talk about how proud they are the club has these one club players are the same ones who bash and ridicule skd guerra liu pearce and friend on a weekly basis while going through dozens and dozens of players from other teams we should buy who are crap like holland played 1 good game like elliot or just totally go with the buying star players mentality they complain about like tedesco hayne gagai papalii etc

Comment

I liked the stat someone posted re our contracted 25 players
                            16 of them have only played for one club - some of the balance like TKO JWH and Smith played less than 6games for their previous clubs.

Comment

Always a pleasure dealing with you Red. The Chookpen is so fortunate to have you.
                              I assure you the feeling is mutual.

Comment

Working...
                              X