so will the boys dog it on sunday so Smiths exit is expedited

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• so will the boys dog it on sunday so Smiths exit is expedited

will be very interesting viewing on sunday, should give a pretty good idea if the players have given up on Smith and if they will simply not put in for him any more.

with the return of the 3 origin players and FPN, I get the feeling Uncle Nick won't be so forgiving if we put in a repeat display of Monday nights performance

its sad to say but i'm actually more excited to watch our NYC boys go round this weekend.

Don't know if they'll all do it but I'm pretty sure some wont go at 100%.

Panthers by plenty.
    Loved by few, hated by many, respected by all.

Comment

The fat lady is horse.

Chook.

Comment

Of course they will dog it. They dogged it against a reserve grade Manly team in round 2. The players are sooks - a bit of adversity and they shut up shop. If Smith is to coach the team in 2012 he needs to flick either T Carney, Pearce or Anasta to shake the joint up. But Politis won't allow it so we will be crap again.

Comment

Originally posted by Chook View Post
          The fat lady is horse.

Chook.

Comment

Originally posted by BCD View Post
            Of course they will dog it. They dogged it against a reserve grade Manly team in round 2. The players are sooks - a bit of adversity and they shut up shop. If Smith is to coach the team in 2012 he needs to flick either T Carney, Pearce or Anasta to shake the joint up. But Politis won't allow it so we will be crap again.
            If Smith thinks sacking Anasta and a few other bludgers will fix the joint he should do it anyway, right after the next loss on Sunday. Fark Politis, call his bluff and let it play out in the media. If nothing else it will reveal where the issue is within our club.

Chook.

Comment

Originally posted by Madduke View Post
              Jeesus, the horse ate the fat lady. Is that real?

Chook.

Comment

Originally posted by Chook View Post
                Jeesus, the horse ate the fat lady. Is that real?

Chook.
                I smell photoshop.

A horse wouldn't be able to stand up if it was that fat. I know I have trouble staying upright at 96 kilos some days.

I make a prediction, Nostradamus like, Matt Elliot will be our coach by the end of July.

Comment

Panthers will put 40 on us. we wont break 12.
                  Alcohol never solved any life problems.....then again neither did milk.

Comment

Panthers scored 20 without making a single linebreak last Saturday night.

We gave up 8 to a fairly flat Raiders side.

Panthers 30+.

Comment

This is just my personal theory, but...

This seems a LOT like the Freddy saga. Good results one year, builds up great expectations, then when the team struggles the next year, the coach is accused of 'losing the support' of the players.

Instead of blaming the coach, we should really be asking ourselves, who are these players who seem to be bailing on our coaches in the faces of adversity? Look at the 2009 and 2011 squads - the players who are in both. Are these players the ones who can't lift the team when they are down, then turn on the coach to shirk responsibility and offload the problems onto someone else?

Not going to name names, but there are some obvious ones in there. Is THIS the real issue? Players using the coach as a scapegoat for their own problems and lack of responsibility for their own shortcomings?

Comment

I like your theory and tend to agree with it.

Comment

This is the thing. I am sick of seeing the team lose, but am wary of blaming Smith. I don't buy into the "he's a loser" teasing game. If not for Archer the paid cheat he would have a premiership under his belt now. Do we know for certain his coaching is the problem? Yet again, and this has been happening for 4 years now, our opposition on Monday were so perfect they conceded only 3 penalties in 80 mins. Most of canberra's tries came on the back of penalties. I was at game. Canberra slowed every ruck of ours and were not onside once in 80 mins. These things don't show up as well on TV. I still ask the question - even if we deserve to be penalized heavily every match, why does our opposition each week CONCEDE so few penalties?

Roosters played some frustrated, mistake riddled footy on Monday. Nobody has any patience for them anymore, including most supporters. They have zero confidence, zero luck and continue to be brutalized by the referees every week.

Make no mistake, Rupert's son would live nothing more than to see our club die while he still owns the game. Don't join in and kick them when they're down.

Comment

Originally posted by player 1 View Post
                            This is the thing. I am sick of seeing the team lose, but am wary of blaming Smith. I don't buy into the "he's a loser" teasing game. If not for Archer the paid cheat he would have a premiership under his belt now. Do we know for certain his coaching is the problem? Yet again, and this has been happening for 4 years now, our opposition on Monday were so perfect they conceded only 3 penalties in 80 mins. Most of canberra's tries came on the back of penalties. I was at game. Canberra slowed every ruck of ours and were not onside once in 80 mins. These things don't show up as well on TV. I still ask the question - even if we deserve to be penalized heavily every match, why does our opposition each week CONCEDE so few penalties?

Roosters played some frustrated, mistake riddled footy on Monday. Nobody has any patience for them anymore, including most supporters. They have zero confidence, zero luck and continue to be brutalized by the referees every week.

Make no mistake, Rupert's son would live nothing more than to see our club die while he still owns the game. Don't join in and kick them when they're down.
                            Reality check required for you mate - the raiders destroyed us on Monday, and it had sfa to do with the referees and even less to do with "Ruperts son"

You sound more deluded than Braith at the press conferences after each loss

Comment

Archer
                              St.George
                              Elvis
                              All refs
                              Rupert
                              Rupert's son
                              Rothfield
                              Wilson

How can we blame our coach or players when it is obviously everyone else's fault...

Comment

Working...
                              X