An Idea......Call Me Crazy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An Idea......Call Me Crazy

I am of the stronger impression week by week that Mitchell Pearce is a hooker. I am also finding week by week FPN is quite simply not up to the job, he appears to have a terrible attitude - is lazy and stupid. This laziness and stupidity has robbed him of his potential. In Jake Friend, funnily enough, i see a young Wayne Peace. In fact identical. For those who say Jake is too small, he is actually arounf the same size as Wayne. As much of a fan as i am of M Aubb...i think he is also surplus to requirements - unless he is happy to cool his heels in newtown

Anyhow - as outlined earlier this year is done. Here is my 2011 team. Lets look forward.

1. Minichiello
    2. Perrett
    3. Linnett
    4. SKD
    5. A new signing - someone who can run bloody fast and catch bombs - simple.
    6. T Carney
    7. A new signing or a youngster
    8. Ryles
    9. Pearce
    10. Kennedy
    11. JWH
    12. Symonds
    13. Friend

14. Masoe
    15. BJ Leilua
    16. Arona
    17. Mitchell

sorry, meant 2012 team. Anasta is excluded for obvious reasons. My captain would be Ryles, Mini or Kennedy

Comment

Maubs has been injured most the season and when he played he was still struggling with his shoulder, so when he is 100% i'd have him straight back in.

Comment

For New halfback i would have Shaun Johnson he will be good

Comment

Steakman did you not see Origin 3 on wed and Mini's performance.
          A true champion of the game who needs to be referred to in the same manner as Ricko and Horry hastings, ie a one club retired legend

Comment

So 2008

Comment

Your nickname is Steakface. I thought you were crazy before I opened the thread.

Comment

you're not the only one who sees a bit of hooker in Pearce. You will be shot down for suggesting it though

Maubs is talented, but lacks the workrate. A lot of potential in the kid and deserves to kept
                Last edited by Chook Norris; 07-08-2011, 11:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chook Norris View Post
                  you're not the only one who sees a bit of hooker in Pearce. You will be shot down for suggesting it though

Maubs is talented, but lacks the workrate. A lot of potential in the kid and deserves to kept
                  Lacks workrate? He was averaging 30-40 tackles a game last season at a high efficiency rate.

Comment

Originally posted by Chook Norris View Post

I'd have maubs before symonds. No future team should have mini or ryles and leave out tasi

Pearcesworstnightmare would love you for the pearce to hooker suggestion. He has been saying that for a couple of years now

Comment

There is plenty of hooker in Pearce. He would be perfect for it. They will never do it though because apparently he is the best halfback in the world. And what about Friend who has been our best player all year?
                      As for Mini. Club legend. Just a legend actually. But he needs to make the right decision for the sake of the club. Someone wrote on here in another thread that they would keep Mini for next year if he agreed not to ball play in the line (just stuck to staying back and catching bombs). Well unfortunately this is what the modern day fullback brings to the game. They all ball play like a 5/8. Have a look at the no name Raiders fullback who put Croker through from 3 metres out against us. Mini would have put that ball straight into Crokers head! He is great at taking bombs under pressure but unlike years gone past he can no longer run over the top of players. The game has passed him.
                      And gosh I hope they stick with Linnett. With the right coaching this kid will be very good.
                      There is no way either Ryles or Anasta would get a run next year in my team. And JWH needs someone to tell him that football is not all about being the toughest guy otherwise he can go as well. He needs to find a balance and become smarter.
                      Embrace the Hate! JC

Comment

The problem is...if we get rid of Ryles & Mini we end up with a young team with no older players and little leadership, which is not a situation we want to be in. Mini is not what he once was, however our attack was just fine in 2010 with him at the back....i think people calling for his head are just frustrated that his pace has dropped off a bit. If we were to get rid of Ryles we would need a new experienced forward....who is available??

Seriously, Mini & Ryles must stay for team balance

Pearce is a solid good halfback & gifted footballer, but clearly has shortcomings in the creativity department (he is not a Thurston, Cronk). Therefore, especially with his strong defence, hooker may be the spot for him.

In regards to Maubs/Symonds - they have many similarities and you could quite comfortably exchange one for the other at any given time
                        Last edited by Steakface; 07-09-2011, 10:38 AM.

Comment

Try Friend at 5/8 outside Carney. Move Pearce to hooker. Friend may not have the speed of Carney but I think they would be a good combo. Friend at 13 isn't a bad idea just don't think he has the size for the hit ups. On the edges off a Carney pass would be a better option.

Comment

As much as i have never rated Pearce a top class halfback, I have gone out on a limb and will do it again, If moved to hooker he would play for Australia, he would get his hands on the ball more, have less time to think what he is doing, add an extra 10 yards to his kicking game and his speed when running the ball from dummy half would be of great benefit.

A run of the mill half, or a future top class international hooker, tough choice???

As for Jake, move him to lock, can play long minutes, tackles his ring hole off with the added advantage of moving back to hooker to cover injuries.

BUt it will never happen, who am i kidding!!!

Comment

Pearcesworstnightmare.....glad i am not alone in seeing this! I seriously think (with an unblemished record of sane thinking) that if you threw Pearcey in at hooker, he would give Cam Smith a run for his money. Friendy i feel could be our Dallas Johnson, the glue that holds it all together. this would take care of our lack of spark from dummy half too...

Comment

Working...
                              X