Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by boogie View Post
    what instructions are they

There also was a memo not to let boogie to know about the instructions but you do know now.
    Originally posted by Bondi Boy

Pathetic!
    What a rabble we are.

Oh well, maybe next year

Comment

• No conspiracy year to year but I think there is a lot of unconscious bias.

2014 still seems a bit of a set up though.

As for 2005 the best teams all year were Parra and Dragons, they both choked heavily in their respective preliminary finals. Tigers did play fantastic footy in the last 3 months of that season but the NRL sped up the tempo of the games to resemble touch football at times and the Tigers were the biggest beneficiaries of that sort of game. No conspiracy but the Tigers benefited from the faster tempo of the games and stayed largely injury free and were not weighed down by Origin. Mind you it was great to see them win rather than Parra or Dragons.
      Last edited by 4 the all in brawl; 05-20-2017, 12:48 PM.
      Originally posted by Bondi Boy

Pathetic!
      What a rabble we are.

Oh well, maybe next year

Comment

what instructions are they

Try to prevent too many blow out score lines because close finishes are great for tv ratings.
        Try to bear in mind that it is undesirable to have a team win two premierships in a row.
        Try to even up penalty counts where possible.
        And bear in mind that penalties given early in the count are less damaging that those on the 4th or 5th tackle.
        The ruck has become such a grey area because we've spent years educating people that the faster the game the better the game, so take advantage of the fact that you can penalise at your descretion instead of applying rules with consistancy.

Meeting over boys, Archer out.

Comment

• Originally posted by eddie View Post

Try to prevent too many blow out score lines because close finishes are great for tv ratings.
          Try to bear in mind that it is undesirable to have a team win two premierships in a row.
          Try to even up penalty counts where possible.
          And bear in mind that penalties given early in the count are less damaging that those on the 4th or 5th tackle.
          The ruck has become such a grey area because we've spent years educating people that the faster the game the better the game, so take advantage of the fact that you can penalise at your descretion instead of applying rules with consistancy.

Meeting over boys, Archer out.
          Tip of the iceberg. 👍
          FVCK CANCER

Comment

• Originally posted by rented tracksuit View Post
            Tip of the iceberg. 👍

The 90% below the waterline???????????
            That would take a lot of time to explore.
            The murky world of finances, backroom deals, privitisation, media ownership etc, etc, etc.

Trouble is, the nrl and their quick buck policies are bad for the game of rugby league.
            High rating TV shows come and go, tribalism and passion for a sporting team last forever.
            The nrl is backing the wrong horse, but only from a fans point of veiw................................

Greenbugs pockets are having a party and only his mates are invited.

Comment

• tribalism and passion for a sporting team is not logical though it should only be entertainment not an investment of your life

Comment

tribalism and passion for a sporting team is not logical though it should only be entertainment not an investment of your life

I don't disagree with that , in fact I reckon I know that more than most.
                However , my passion for the team has given me an escape when I've needed it most...................................and the original point wasn't intended to be a philosophical one. It's about ensuring the long term health of a fantastic sport. Passionate club supporters kick the "good game" crowds ass on that one.

Comment

• Originally posted by rented tracksuit View Post

Tip of the iceberg. 👍
                  Tip of the Greenberg
                  barbarian ......arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh!!!!!!!

Comment

• Bronco's look as assured as Storm

There's 4 others who at their best could beat those 2

Ref's call as usual....
                    "Qui audet adipiscitur"

WHO DARES WINS

Comment

• Getting shorter

Comment

• 13th of May. Greatest certainties since Black Caviar

Comment

• twat

Comment

• Didn't you back the Sharks to go back to back?

Comment

Working...
                            X