Roosters v Broncos Gameday Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BUDDY View Post
    We need to be much better with our completions otherwise they will belt us.
    Watson offered nothing last week and really needs to give us something. Kerry can't do it all.
    Not confident at all and will be happy with a one point win. I can't understand how we are favourites to be honest.
    F
    Edit: Now the freaken rain has arrived. FFS
    Sorry buddy. Will you settle for a 2 point win?
    Written and published on behalf of the Liberal Party, Queensland

Comment

Great win...didnt see it but any win over the broncs i love...mick gordon is a legend

Comment

Originally posted by The Axe View Post

Sorry buddy. Will you settle for a 2 point win?
        Too close for my blood pressure. After I wrote that I thought how are we going to get a one point win without Pearce there to kick the field goal

Our completions were so much better than last week.
        I thought Latrell's defence on Roberts and Jake's kicking game went a long way to winning that game. It was a super effort all round considering the piggy back penalties the donks were getting. It's BS that they got 6 penalties for us laying in the tackle always getting them out of trouble and we got fkn one. Absolute corruptness for everyone to see.

Thats two's losses for the donks during SOO. Well deserved seeing they get two byes after the next two SOO games.

Comment

Cummins....I do not want a law suit filed against me.

Something has to be done.

Did you notice jake argue with cummins after the bell? Also jake did not do the press conference. Wonder if he needed time to chill. Archer would be proud of his display tonight.

Btw, the Broncos were offside most of the match. Not a solitary penalty
          Written and published on behalf of the Liberal Party, Queensland

Comment

We did very well but should have won by much more if not for the 2-1 penalty count.
            “Soon will the present day order be rolled up, and a new one spread out in its stead”- (Baha’u’llah)

Comment

Originally posted by The Axe View Post
              Cummins....I do not want a law suit filed against me.

Something has to be done.

Did you notice jake argue with cummins after the bell? Also jake did not do the press conference. Wonder if he needed time to chill. Archer would be proud of his display tonight.

Btw, the Broncos were offside most of the match. Not a solitary penalty
              I agree. They were so clearly offside so many times and nothing. For the record we have only received 5 offside inside 10 penalties in 13 games. 2 of this were against Titans in Rd 1. So 3 offside pens in 12 games. Unusual for a team with a reputation for having big forwards rolling thru the middle.
              Last edited by Cockosh; 06-03-2017, 10:16 PM.

Comment

No Pearce and Cummins.
                An unlikely victory.
                Well done boys.

Comment

Originally posted by Cockosh View Post

I agree. They were so clearly offside so many times and nothing. For the record we have only received 5 offside inside 10 penalties in 13 games. 2 of this were against Titans in Rd 1. So 3 offside pens in 12 games. Unusual for a team with a reputation for having big forwards rolling thru the middle.
                  That's an incredible stat.
                  Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

Comment

Cummins is scared of Bennett.

Immense victory. Down but not out. Couldn't believe Benji bleedin Marshall got over there, but huge credit to Cordner on that kick chase to collect Kahu's spill. No hanging off for a rest.
                    Broncos fans are fuming at Hunt & want him goooorne!
                    Up the Chookies!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Cockosh View Post

where do these stats come from

Comment

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post
                        No Pearce and Cummins.
                        An unlikely victory.
                        Well done boys.
                        Yeepppp.

No Pearce + Cummins as ref vs the Broncos = our best win in 2 years.

Immense effort.

Cummins is a bigger crook than Christopher Skase and Rene Rivkin combined. Surely everyone can see that!

We can't get a relieving pen to save our lives.
                        Last edited by Tommy Smith; 06-03-2017, 11:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by boogie View Post
                          where do these stats come from
                          If you go to the nrl app, each match has a play by play section which gives you a quick look at the main plays and penalties, also explains what the penalty was for,ie hand on the ball, slow peel. There was only one off side penalty last night given to the broncos, and only one in the match last week against raiders, which considering we got 7 penalties in a row, it was strange that not one of them was for offside.

But in saying that, offside penalties seem very rare, so the refs seem to let a lot of them go these days.

Comment

Tigers and then the bye. SOO, Souths after that me thinks. A good few weeks. BARRING FRIGGIN INJURIES
                            Roosters For Ever

Comment

Also, a bit of the old Kharma I reckon. We miss an equalising conversion last week, this week Broncos miss. 'Swings n Round'a'bouts'
                              Roosters For Ever

Comment

That ref is so predictable! He does it to us every time! When Cordner scored what should've put the game away, I knew it would end up close with him doing his best to get the opposition over the line! They hold down and are offside all night (and i'm not one to usually go off about those) and we get diddly-squat, and right at the crucial moment, you can count on him to find a penalty against us. Great work by the team in the end though!

Comment

Working...
                                X