Roosters v Broncos Gameday Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Axe View Post
    Cummins....I do not want a law suit filed against me.

Something has to be done.

Did you notice jake argue with cummins after the bell? Also jake did not do the press conference. Wonder if he needed time to chill. Archer would be proud of his display tonight.

Btw, the Broncos were offside most of the match. Not a solitary penalty
    Your right Axe ,the broncs were just about in our line on a couple of occasions.Watch the replay its a poor performance by cummings.I think hes the worst ref in the comp im not sure weather its bias against us or just imcompetence.He has to improve or go imo the game is being tarnished by this rubbish from a ref.

Comment

Have you ever watched a Cummins-Roosters match and gone "gee we got the rub of the green today!".

No, me neither.

That slither of toe jam undoubtedly has an axe to grind against the Roosters.

I'll never forget that epic stitch up vs Many in 2014. What was the count that night, 11-2? And at our home ground!

I'm pretty sure the club knows it too.

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy Smith View Post
        Have you ever watched a Cummins-Roosters match and gone "gee we got the rub of the green today!".

No, me neither.

That slither of toe jam undoubtedly has an axe to grind against the Roosters.

I'll never forget that epic stitch up vs Many in 2014. What was the count that night, 11-2? And at our home ground!

I'm pretty sure the club knows it too.
        His worst for us was in the 2013 semi against Melbourne. He let them get away with blue murder.

Check this out for a laugh though:

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/spo...0eba857f6074cd

Comment

Tommy please don't include my name in a post including cummins. Brand damage
          Written and published on behalf of the Liberal Party, Queensland

Comment

thankjs for that link john tobin of courase i wasa at that game but forgot most of the rfef rulings except for the penalty try wich should have been a penalty? i do rember booing at cheery evans churchill medal! great player but not in the winning team! a disgusting insult aimed at easts

Comment

It will be the last thing dce ever wins
              Written and published on behalf of the Liberal Party, Queensland

Comment

Originally posted by The Axe View Post
                It will be the last thing dce ever wins
                Bozo and Bob McCarthy also had an axe to grind with the Roosters that night

Comment

Manu missed that tackle and his reads were questionable in the other 2 tries.
                  Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

Comment

That was the best game Ive watched this year.
                    Cordner was outstanding & Friend wasnt far behind.
                    Mickie Gordon has been a very good buy for the club.
                    Aubusson, Ferguson & Manu were all fantastic. Manu missed that tackle on Moga but other than that he was great.
                    Keary & Watson were quiet.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post
                      That was the best game Ive watched this year.
                      Cordner was outstanding & Friend wasnt far behind.
                      Mickie Gordon has been a very good buy for the club.
                      Aubusson, Ferguson & Manu were all fantastic. Manu missed that tackle on Moga but other than that he was great.
                      Keary & Watson were quiet.
                      You've been banned again?

Yes Cordner is just growing in stature...I'm thinking that he will take over from Smith as Australian captain...as for Watson,,,he is being given the chance and he's still not there. RL9's is a totally different game. Was looking forward to seeing Cornish...Might come in for the souths game before SOO3

Comment

• Manu really needed to chase back on the Oates try too to stop him from improving the position for the goalkick. Something little that he will hopefully pick up on.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vasco View Post
                          Manu missed that tackle and his reads were questionable in the other 2 tries.
                          No Pearce or Maubs on that edge definitely changed a few things defensivley. Spacing and decision making looked suspect all game.

Will give him a few of the boys on that right edge the benefit of the doubt.

Comment

• Originally posted by milanja View Post

If you go to the nrl app, each match has a play by play section which gives you a quick look at the main plays and penalties, also explains what the penalty was for,ie hand on the ball, slow peel. There was only one off side penalty last night given to the broncos, and only one in the match last week against raiders, which considering we got 7 penalties in a row, it was strange that not one of them was for offside.

But in saying that, offside penalties seem very rare, so the refs seem to let a lot of them go these days.
                            thanks for the info I wasnt aware we were able to see statistics of the reasons why penalties are awarded these days

Comment

• I was at my Mothers Birthday so didnt see the full game at the time saw the last 5 of the 1st half and the last 5 of the 2nd half. I have now watched the full replay. Top game of footy and I was on the end of my seat even knowing the result

Firstly the refereeing wasnt as bad as many here are saying. Many of ther Broncos penalties were not awarded by Cummins to start with. Although I do think he tried to help them back intot he game and the look on his face after awrding the try to Cordner was of someone who was mightily pissed off aboiut it.

Secondly I thought Connor Watson started to really bring himself into the game in the 2nd half Amazing what a bit of game time can do Way to many on here neglected his lack of game time whe bagging him last week. Hopefully he is picked to play Souths and Cornish whom if it is the same Cornish that played for our 20s side 2 and 3 seasons ago them I want him nowhere near 1st grade. One of the wqorst halves I had ever seen in years of watching 20s football and no coincdence he leaves due to age and plays for Wyong then we win the 20s. I want him nowhere near 1st grade at this club.

Thirdly That was a vital two points and an excellent win by the boys.

Fourthly From a spectator point of view I really enjoyed seeng Benji give Tau Tau some early ball in the 2nd half and they really began to work up a good combination together evidenced by the two tries they were jointly responsible for late in the game. Im sure from a personal point of view Tau would prefer to play outside of Benji rather than Milford as Benji wiuld continue to give him that good early ball, where those who have seen Tau play know how dangerous he is with it when given good clean early ball like Benji did in the 2nd half the other night. Ive always and will always have a soft spot for Tau Tau as he gave me so much enjoyment watching him play for us, and when he scored there was that weird sense in me that I was happy for him even though the game was then on the line with the goal kick.

Finally Our retreating defence off the final set of 6 was a delight to watch in that we kept our defensive shape despite being under enormous pressure.
                              Last edited by Andrew Walker; 06-05-2017, 03:59 PM.
                              We used to have empires run by emperors. Then we had kingdoms run by kings.
                              Now we have countries run by ………

Comment

• Originally posted by Andrew Walker View Post
                                I was at my Mothers Birthday so didnt see the full game at the time saw the last 5 of the 1st half and the last 5 of the 2nd half. I have now watched the full replay. Top game of footy and I was on the end of my seat even knowing the result

Firstly the refereeing wasnt as bad as many here are saying. Many of ther Broncos penalties were not awarded by Cummins to start with. Although I do think he tried to help them back intot he game and the look on his face after awrding the try to Cordner was of someone who was mightily pissed off aboiut it.

Secondly I thought Connor Watson started to really bring himself into the game in the 2nd half Amazing what a bit of game time can do Way to many on here neglected his lack of game time whe bagging him last week. Hopefully he is picked to play Souths and Cornish whom if it is the same Cornish that played for our 20s side 2 and 3 seasons ago them I want him nowhere near 1st grade. One of the wqorst halves I had ever seen in years of watching 20s football and no coincdence he leaves due to age and plays for Wyong then we win the 20s. I want him nowhere near 1st grade at this club.

Thirdly That was a vital two points and an excellent win by the boys.

Fourthly From a spectator point of view I really enjoyed seeng Benji give Tau Tau some early ball in the 2nd half and they really began to work up a good combination together evidenced by the two tries they were jointly responsible for late in the game. Im sure from a personal point of view Tau would prefer to play outside of Benji rather than Milford as Benji wiuld continue to give him that good early ball, where those who have seen Tau play know how dangerous he is with it when given good clean early ball like Benji did in the 2nd half the other night. Ive always and will always have a soft spot for Tau Tau as he gave me so much enjoyment watching him play for us, and when he scored there was that weird sense in me that I was happy for him even though the game was then on the line with the goal kick.

Finally Our retreating defence off the final set of 6 was a delight to watch in that we kept our defensive shape despite being under enormous pressure.
                                Totally agree with you on Cummings look when he had to award the Cordner try, it almost felt like he wanted to go to the video ref, but realised he actually had nothing that he could ask him to check, also agree with him not always being the one to blow the penalties, he was blamed for some calls in the first dogs match, which the other ref also blew.

On Watson, I still see it as partly trents fault for not giving him game time, sits on the bench for 70min or sometimes 80, which means he doesn't even get game time for the roos. Poor player management to the extreme.

Comment

Working...
                                X