Roosters v Broncos Gameday Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Andrew Walker View Post
    I was at my Mothers Birthday so didnt see the full game at the time saw the last 5 of the 1st half and the last 5 of the 2nd half. I have now watched the full replay. Top game of footy and I was on the end of my seat even knowing the result

Firstly the refereeing wasnt as bad as many here are saying. Many of ther Broncos penalties were not awarded by Cummins to start with. Although I do think he tried to help them back intot he game and the look on his face after awrding the try to Cordner was of someone who was mightily pissed off aboiut it.

Secondly I thought Connor Watson started to really bring himself into the game in the 2nd half Amazing what a bit of game time can do Way to many on here neglected his lack of game time whe bagging him last week. Hopefully he is picked to play Souths and Cornish whom if it is the same Cornish that played for our 20s side 2 and 3 seasons ago them I want him nowhere near 1st grade. One of the wqorst halves I had ever seen in years of watching 20s football and no coincdence he leaves due to age and plays for Wyong then we win the 20s. I want him nowhere near 1st grade at this club.

Thirdly That was a vital two points and an excellent win by the boys.

Fourthly From a spectator point of view I really enjoyed seeng Benji give Tau Tau some early ball in the 2nd half and they really began to work up a good combination together evidenced by the two tries they were jointly responsible for late in the game. Im sure from a personal point of view Tau would prefer to play outside of Benji rather than Milford as Benji wiuld continue to give him that good early ball, where those who have seen Tau play know how dangerous he is with it when given good clean early ball like Benji did in the 2nd half the other night. Ive always and will always have a soft spot for Tau Tau as he gave me so much enjoyment watching him play for us, and when he scored there was that weird sense in me that I was happy for him even though the game was then on the line with the goal kick.

Finally Our retreating defence off the final set of 6 was a delight to watch in that we kept our defensive shape despite being under enormous pressure.
    Not the same Cornish - his brother who we signed from Canberra last year.

Comment

• Andrew,
      Imho offside is best viewed at the game. I watched the replay and your eyes are trained to watch the ball and the passing and support. At the match the wide view allows one to judge distance.

This is what I observed.

Cummins retreated 10 m for Broncos. The Broncos retreated 8m and then cummins would take 2-3 quick steps as they ptb to "walk brisbane on side"
      In patches cummins would jog the 2-3 steps when they were blatantly not 10 m

By comparison, for the most part roosters brought back 12m and he walked infrequently. It's called game management..

I will not defend my view. I observed it and pointed it out to several members of the crowd who at first were sceptical and then could see it. It's knowing what to look for. As a former ref in another code, you know where a ref should position themselves
      Written and published on behalf of the Liberal Party, Queensland

Comment

• Phenomenal 2 points considering the glutton of possession (55%) the Broncos had and the predictably bias game management from Cummins once again, was absurd how short a 10 the Broncos were allowed to hold all night, reminiscent of the 2010 Steelers.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Axe View Post
          Andrew,
          Imho offside is best viewed at the game. I watched the replay and your eyes are trained to watch the ball and the passing and support. At the match the wide view allows one to judge distance.

This is what I observed.

Cummins retreated 10 m for Broncos. The Broncos retreated 8m and then cummins would take 2-3 quick steps as they ptb to "walk brisbane on side"

By comparison, for the most part roosters brought back 12m and he walked infrequently. It's called game management..

I will not defend my view. I observed it and pointed it out to several members of the crowd who at first were sceptical and then could see it. It's knowing what to look for. As a former ref in another code, you know where a ref should position themselves
          This is true, Brisbane stood offside all game. Josh Maguire was a serial offender and was never onside, usually on the last he would barely retreat 8 metres, then would take off well before the ball was played to put pressure on the kicker. Cummins and his mate didn't care. Yet they marched us back further without a doubt.

The 2 worst calls though were the no knock on call when Toops dropped the pass with the line wide open. It defies the laws of physics for a player running towards the roosters tryline to touch a pass thrown backwards (also towards the Roosters tryline) with a faint touch to then have that ball propelled towards the Bronco's tryline.

The other was the forward pass call on Joey Manu to Blake Ferguson. The touchie who is obviously incompetent or a cheat would have let go a dozen forward passes throughout the course of the game but chose one when we were running off our line. Manu clearly threw the ball backwards but then took a couple steps towards the Roosters line after passing. As a result, Ferguson was standing in front of Manu when he caught the ball. The dead beat touchie was probably half asleep and opened his eyes when Fergo caught the ball and decided it had to have been a forward pass. I am still awaiting Tony Archer's take on the pass.

Comment

• Boyds second try should never have happened. Broncos were lucky to be back 5. Should have been penalty to side of posts.

Cummins "missed it" and choked on his whistle to award the try. Again I called it live. The wide screen at ground confirmed it

Comment

Andrew,

This is what I observed.

Surely they are doing this so the Roosters can4't win the comp.

It would ruin their plans of another fairytale story.

Still can't believe we won in 2013 despite being penalised to the sh!thouse.
              Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

Comment

I was at my Mothers Birthday so didnt see the full game at the time saw the last 5 of the 1st half and the last 5 of the 2nd half. I have now watched the full replay. Top game of footy and I was on the end of my seat even knowing the result

Firstly the refereeing wasnt as bad as many here are saying. Many of ther Broncos penalties were not awarded by Cummins to start with. Although I do think he tried to help them back intot he game and the look on his face after awrding the try to Cordner was of someone who was mightily pissed off aboiut it.

Secondly I thought Connor Watson started to really bring himself into the game in the 2nd half Amazing what a bit of game time can do Way to many on here neglected his lack of game time whe bagging him last week. Hopefully he is picked to play Souths and Cornish whom if it is the same Cornish that played for our 20s side 2 and 3 seasons ago them I want him nowhere near 1st grade. One of the wqorst halves I had ever seen in years of watching 20s football and no coincdence he leaves due to age and plays for Wyong then we win the 20s. I want him nowhere near 1st grade at this club.

Thirdly That was a vital two points and an excellent win by the boys.

Fourthly From a spectator point of view I really enjoyed seeng Benji give Tau Tau some early ball in the 2nd half and they really began to work up a good combination together evidenced by the two tries they were jointly responsible for late in the game. Im sure from a personal point of view Tau would prefer to play outside of Benji rather than Milford as Benji wiuld continue to give him that good early ball, where those who have seen Tau play know how dangerous he is with it when given good clean early ball like Benji did in the 2nd half the other night. Ive always and will always have a soft spot for Tau Tau as he gave me so much enjoyment watching him play for us, and when he scored there was that weird sense in me that I was happy for him even though the game was then on the line with the goal kick.

Finally Our retreating defence off the final set of 6 was a delight to watch in that we kept our defensive shape despite being under enormous pressure.
                Good write up Rad.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vasco View Post

Comment

Andrew,

This is what I observed.

Not once on my post did I mention the policing of the 10 My mention of Cummins was that it wasnt he who awarded many of the penalties against us iN FACT THE LAST TWO HE HAS REFEREED US THIS HAS BEEN THE CASE Maybe this is a new subtle ploy being used when Cummins refs us the pocket ref penalises us heavily. I did mention Cummins tried to referee them back in the game Im not sure why you would think you have to defend your view.

PS I am not a former referee in another code I am a current one.
                    We used to have empires run by emperors. Then we had kingdoms run by kings.
                    Now we have countries run by ………

Comment

Not once on my post did I mention the policing of the 10 My mention of Cummins was that it wasnt he who awarded many of the penalties against us iN FACT THE LAST TWO HE HAS REFEREED US THIS HAS BEEN THE CASE Maybe this is a new subtle ploy being used when Cummins refs us the pocket ref penalises us heavily. I did mention Cummins tried to referee them back in the game Im not sure why you would think you have to defend your view.

PS I am not a former referee in another code I am a current one.
                      Andrew you have my word. I was not thinking of you when I penned this. Apologies for any misunderstanding.

My thoughts were directed at those that scream from the rafters when mention of conspiracy is posted. I do not consider you are of the group that fail to see this in the same way others do. I have always considered your views valuable and balanced

Comment

Andrew you have my word. I was not thinking of you when I penned this. Apologies for any misunderstanding.

My thoughts were directed at those that scream from the rafters when mention of conspiracy is posted. I do not consider you are of the group that fail to see this in the same way others do. I have always considered your views valuable and balanced
                        I noticed the Cummins subtly re the offside and the use of the pocket ref. In fact i too also raised with 2 mates in the members. I was reluctant to post due to another poster / supposed fan with no manners thinking i have an identity crisis of having more than one name here.You are spot on Axe.

Comment

• Who's our game managers this week vs tigers?

Comment

Who's our game managers this week vs tigers?
                            Does it matter? Who ever it is will have it in for us and no 50/50 will go our way. They will want the tigers to win, but because we are such a good team and have the best coach, we will overcome all adversity like no other team in the NRL has too.

Comment

Who's our game managers this week vs tigers?
                              Referees: Grant Atkins, Alan Shortall
                              Sideline Officials: Dave Ryan, Chris McMillan
                              Video Referees: Bernard Sutton, Ben Galea

Comment

• Originally posted by Vasco View Post

We also won the grand final under Cummings with a 5-2 penalty count in our favour, with us getting the last 3 penalties in the match.

Comment

Working...
                                X