Roosters v Broncos Gameday Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stringaz View Post
    Holy moly didnt breathe at all in that second half. Cummins is a major worry, pretty stoked on our defense and always good to beat the broncos. Friend overplaying his hand in that second half kept keary out of it, but lo and behold his kick giving cords his second.

And now the commentators are crying over the benji/fergo ingoal penalty. Boo Hoo

Penalties were 8-4 we deserved one at some stage. When we got to 18-6 you just knew they were going to whistle the Broncos back down the field.

Comment

Well scummins very nearly got the ponies over the line. The one call in the second half that went the Roosters way (which was at the same time the only penalty the Roosters received in the second half) was more than balanced by the discretionary penalties given to the ponies which led to their last two tries. And of course ANOTHER Roosters home game sees ANOTHER FRIGGIN LOPSIDED PENALTY COUNT (4 - 8) against the Roosters.

Come on now you penalty-sceptics, tell me why the Roosters didn't receive at least ONE more penalty in that second half for the ponies slowing down the ruck, an infringement for which the Roosters (JWH) were penalised.
      "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance."

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by Team Evil View Post
        The only thing that baffled me was the call of the Broncos knocking the ball back when Toops dropped it for the Try. How did they come up with that decision.

Apart from that we got some calls as well so cant really have a go at the refs.
        I have no problem with that call. Keary did a cutout pass I think and it hit Roberts and they say it went backwards from there and it carried onto Toupo.

Comment

Originally posted by boogie View Post
          two very poor efforts from manu at the end there ...
          Gee your posts are hard to read and it makes me wonder why you don't / won't / can't use punctuation.
          Agree with your observation about Manu which should see him hauled over the coals for not making those efforts.

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy Smith View Post
            Straight up Cummins is a crook.

An absolute crook.
            A rare win under his whistle tonight Tommy but he very nearly got them home.

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Cummins did his best.
              Well done Roosters , great win vs the Broncos and Cummins.
              Such a sweet victory!

Comment

Take the win we shouldve been up 24-6 at half time if not for clumsiness .we were tired man thats all .
                It was a solid game .Our forwards did enough to get us over the line.
                Friend and Cords were great.
                Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Comment

Originally posted by Team Evil View Post
                  The only thing that baffled me was the call of the Broncos knocking the ball back when Toops dropped it for the Try. How did they come up with that decision.

Apart from that we got some calls as well so cant really have a go at the refs.

You're not easily baffled then
                  TBH there were a couple of ordinary decisions against Broncos
                  But we can't get hardly anything from offsides or tackle indiscretions.
                  At one stage near the end JWH was held down for an eternity, it was embarrassment we got nothing (again)

Comment

Originally posted by ROC181 View Post

I have no problem with that call. Keary did a cutout pass I think and it hit Roberts and they say it went backwards from there and it carried onto Toupo.

OK, will have to watch the re-play.

Comment

Michael Gordon has to be the buy of the year. The guy is such a professional. Exceptional under the high ball. Always backs up. And is as tough as they come.
                      Man of the match for me.
                      Embrace the Hate! JC

Comment

Originally posted by John Corey View Post
                        Michael Gordon has to be the buy of the year. The guy is such a professional. Exceptional under the high ball. Always backs up. And is as tough as they come.
                        Man of the match for me.
                        Gordon is so good and if it wasn't for Tedesco, I wouldn't be worried about who's at #1 next year.

Comment

Originally posted by Keith View Post
                          Cummins did his best.
                          Well done Roosters , great win vs the Broncos and Cummins.
                          Such a sweet victory!
                          Nah Cummins has definitely done better than tonight.

The forward pass call a minute after half time was horrendous however I thought the call on Benji Marshall for a double effort in pushing Ferguson back in goal was equally as bad.

The slowest ruck of the night was ironically just before our only 2nd half try so he did us a bit of a favour on that one.

Cummins definitely struggles to remain impartial in our games whether he's aware of it or it's in his subconcious but he seemed pretty impartial in all honesty tonight.

Both teams got dud calls and I thought both penalties we conceded in the last 10 minutes were fair.

Comment

Originally posted by John Corey View Post
                            Man of the match for me.
                            Last year we didn't have a fullback.
                            Signing a fullback / goalkicker / experienced was a no brainer.

I'm more surprised by Keary and Tetevano.

Comment

A tough win....2pts we will value come the finals.

My motm someone of Cords, Jake or Keary...all terrific.

Matto and Manu just keep improving which is exciting for us.

That 2nd half a real grind. Broncos are so hard to stop with their continual offloads. We didn't shirk an inch.

Plenty of character....we need Pearcey to win the whole damn thing though. Hope Toups not serious...we need him too.

Comment

Great win but it did nothing for my blood pressure at the end. We really needed those 2 points with all the Origin disruption. It would have been demoralising for the team to expend all that energy with the guys backing up only to lose at the death.

Comment

Working...
                                X