Salary Cap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Salary Cap

Just heard the NRL has finally agreed on the new cap. Without knowing the exact details, apparently it's a 48% increase which would amount to a cap of around 10.4 mil which would include the 2nd tier. So probably something like 9.5 for the top 25 or 26 and 900 for a 2nd tier of 10-12 players including rookies.Good result which was basically what the players and our club was looking for.

so that means we didmnt need to give away some excellent players at bargain basement price?

Comment

Originally posted by stephenj View Post
      so that means we didmnt need to give away some excellent players at bargain basement price?
      Which players would they be? I wouldn't describe SKD, Evans or Guerra as excellent by any stretch of the imagination. Maybe I've missed something ...
      Supporting the RW&B, through good times and bad times.

Comment

Despite what some think, we didn't get rid of SKD, Guerra, Evans, Copley, Carter and possibly Fergo and Watson in order to cover the cost of getting Tedesco.
        We needed to get rid of some dead wood. We still have to replace these guys in our 25 for next year and a stopgap of 4 or 5 NYC players won't fix the experience we are losing. If the final cap figure is as suggested then we can probably aim a little higher in the market to get one or two decent players.

Comment

SKD /Evans/Guerra all international players and Guerra until game 2 QLD SOO player as well- haven't seen the details of the new cap but 400k is payable to the players union from pervious caps for some reason- most employees pay their own union dues though unless your in cohorts with the CFMEU/Shorten that is :-)- I pay my own union dues NSW Public Service Association (PSA) which of course are tax deductable. Another 2.5 % pay rise this financial year for us hard working undervalued/underpaid Public Servants too :-)
          Last edited by King Salvo; 07-03-2017, 12:24 AM.

Comment

whicjh makes me wonder has sbw had enough union for a while? would he like to again wear 12 on his roosters jersey?hes the sort of old head around the cflub thats a very positive influence along with flash a lot of maturity on the field with t3edesco next season looks like its time to get serious about winning the thing next year?

Comment

Originally posted by stephenj View Post
              whicjh makes me wonder has sbw had enough union for a while? would he like to again wear 12 on his roosters jersey?hes the sort of old head around the cflub thats a very positive influence along with flash a lot of maturity on the field with t3edesco next season looks like its time to get serious about winning the thing next year?
              SBW wont be coming back so best to remember his time here- has nothing to prove in either NRL/Union anymore - At 32 he more than likely will finish his career in French Rugby

Comment

Working...
              X