Gus should coach blues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kakaruk View Post
    Andrew johns should coach NSW unfortunately he does not want the job.Fitlers performance when he coached the club was pretty average that's why nick had to give him the bullet. Mabye he will go ok,who knows but i wouldn't go with fitler as coach.
    To be fair Freddy's downfall had as much to do with our 'all dickheads policy' as it had to do with his coaching nous

Comment

Originally posted by Bondicigar View Post

Game 1 was probably the best game of footy iv seen. You should get a copy of the game and watch it
      Good by today's standards ... that is, if good means fast. It was certainly fast.

For me, personally, the game, as a spectacle, peaked in the early 80s and has been in slow decline ever since, mainly due to rule tampering and pandering to women and the "family fun" factor.

Comment

Fittler is too much one of the boys, not strict enough to keep them all in line. Johns was a marvellous instinctive footballer, but you can't teach instinct. That's why I've heard a few good judges say they prefer Matty over Joey as a halves mentor.

Id give Dean Pay the gig. By all accounts he's been doing a good job as an assistant coach, and has been since he helped us in 2002. And he won't take any crap from Fifita or anyone else. Stereo, Freddy & Joey can all play a part if they want to.

Comment

gus should coach penrith

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Verlaine's Ghost View Post

Good by today's standards ... that is, if good means fast. It was certainly fast.

For me, personally, the game, as a spectacle, peaked in the early 80s and has been in slow decline ever since, mainly due to rule tampering and pandering to women and the "family fun" factor.
            I agree bring back the biff

Comment

i agree about the pandering to women has ruined the game somewhat not entirely but as a male sport their opinion shouldnt be the priority it would be like pandering netball to men

Comment

I dont think women get turned off by the game if there are punch ups, I think women see how the players get badly injured & that puts them off wanting their little boy playing it.
                Any mum who wont let their son play is probably doing the game a favour because their son was never going to make it to 1st grade.
                Mums who let their boys play know its tough & have no problem seeing their son play a rough sport. These are the boys who go on to make it at the top level.

Comment

Originally posted by Bondicigar View Post

I agree bring back the biff
                  You can stiff biff its just that you will get sent to the sin bin which means the opposition will then carve you up.

Comment

Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post

I dont think women get turned off by the game if there are punch ups, I think women see how the players get badly injured & that puts them off wanting their little boy playing it.
                    Any mum who wont let their son play is probably doing the game a favour because their son was never going to make it to 1st grade.
                    Mums who let their boys play know its tough & have no problem seeing their son play a rough sport. These are the boys who go on to make it at the top level.
                    Exactly Mickie. Punch ups don't bother me. Grubby tactics like eye gauging, tripping or deliberate elbows to the head etc do. If wiping out such grubby antics is the result of pandering to women then well done NRL. I've been watching the game since the late 70's and it certainly was a grubby game back then. If the NRL wants to compete with the AFL and soccer it needs to appeal to families. It's silly to think otherwise.

Also, I chose soccer as my son's sport when he was much younger based on the risk of injury and nothing else. If he really wanted to play league when he was older like now I wouldn't stop him. But he's not silly. He's a small teen and knows league is not the game for him. Except for watching that is.

Comment

I'd like to see Gould coach Melbourne.

Comment

Working...
                      X