Our forwards metres!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our forwards metres!

The Tigers had four forwards clocking over 100 metres,whilst we didnt have one!
    As bad as the refereeing was last night,their is no excuse for the disparity in metres by both packs..
    Very worrying indeed..

Can't argue with that but it appears as though that is the game plan as we rotate the middle 3 forwards constantly and with the wingers and centres taking the first 2 scoots out of dummy half, the second rowers are relegated to protect the wing postition, to cover the holes that are out wide while wings are in. Opportunities are limited to the hard occasional front up rucking battles which generally only get 5 Metres at a time.

Comment

I am surprised JWH didn't break 100 I thought he was awesome last night

Comment

..................and the opposition carries the ball much more than they do
        Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Comment

Originally posted by The Brain View Post
          ..................and the opposition carries the ball much more than they do
          That's a very important point.

Each week we are defending 5 to 10 sets more than the opposition.
          Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

Comment

This thread pointless,Our forwards made more yards than the Tigers pack,as they did the week before against souths.Our backs are the ones costing the team.

Comment

Don't hold the ball, don't get more hitups, don't get to play field position resulting in sustained pressure (penalties & repeat sets) i.e more sets.

The 20's do it so well, I'd suggest getting to games when the gates open because we'll make a good run to the finals.. this team is impressive.

Comment

Our backs made our metres instead. I think we made the same all up less 10

Comment

Two reasons: Slow Play the balls and Tigers offside fast moving defensive line.

They got away with it in the ruck and in the ten metres....but we didnt.

Comment

Originally posted by Horry View Post
                    Our backs made our metres instead. I think we made the same all up less 10
                    Yeh it wasn't our main problem last night and over the last 3 weeks we've been really good, no coincidence it coincides with Perrett's return from injury. But we are ranked last in metres gained, it has been a massive worry all season.

I do agree with Billy Gunn, Hargreaves was great off the bench last night. Last season he was a protected species after putting in some woeful performances this year he's a target despite being one of our most if not the most consistent forward after Friend.

Comment

Working...
                    X