Roosters sticking by youth policy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rocky Rhodes View Post
    Well i believe you are just plain wrong.

What part of this don't you understand..

We could sign Fitzgibbon next year and still have a youth policy if 75% of the squad are young.

Every team has injuries, go easy on the excuses pal.
    We would have struggled in 2010 with a few more injuries. It's simple, there is no experienced depth at this club
    It appears that you fail to understand.

I clearly stated that because we hardly had an injury in 2010 we were able to do well.

In 2011 however, with the same squad, we have had plenty of injuries and struggled.

You also don't understand that players that are in SG Ball and barely 18 or 19 need time to mature.

We will see the fruits of this in 2012 and beyond. I am confident of that.
    Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

Comment

Perrett, Kenny-Dowall, Pearce, Cherrington, Friend, Nuuausala, Symonds were products of the first 'youth policy' movement. All of them played Flegg/NYC for the Roosters before hitting their straps in first grade.

Kennedy, Masoe, Cordner, Leilua, Arona, Naughton, Tasi, Takairangi and Linnett are the more recent ones to be retained as youth that we have brought into first-grade. The first three came through our NYC system, while the latter six were purchased from other clubs as SG Ball/NYC project players with no first grade experience, and we threw them into the deep end in first grade.

Justin Carney and Jared Waerea-Hargreaves were both purchased with limited but enough first grade experience at their previous clubs.

Comment

Working...
      X