Spam epidemic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OG ROOSTER View Post
    Yo I been avoiding those threads thinking they may have viruses you know what I'm sayin. What is the point of them?
    Yo i have been avoiding them as well. Just clicking on them i don't think will do any harm OG but better to be safe than sorry. If it's anything like Email viruses its not opening the mail that does the damage its when you click on something like a link or download inside the mail.

Anyway i have been avoiding them like you but have clicked on one by mistake when another Wallster has replied to one of these making me think it was a legit thread. We all should avoid them imo.

Comment

Mmmmmmmmmmm. Spam.

Comment

Originally posted by The Lip View Post

Yo i have been avoiding them as well. Just clicking on them i don't think will do any harm OG but better to be safe than sorry. If it's anything like Email viruses its not opening the mail that does the damage its when you click on something like a link or download inside the mail.

Anyway i have been avoiding them like you but have clicked on one by mistake when another Wallster has replied to one of these making me think it was a legit thread. We all should avoid them imo.
        Yo thanks for the informations my man. I agree yo. Don't click, don't respond

Comment

Originally posted by boogie View Post
          the spam is still better than anything some people here have to say
          yep, it's nice when a certain poster kicks somebody when they are already down, classy.

Comment

As I said in another, if the forum system allows an introduction of a captchca which is those little windows where you have to write the number or word you see to submit anything might stop the spam. They are designed for that and it should be introduced to all new members.

Comment

Originally posted by Kingsgrove-Loiner View Post
              Mmmmmmmmmmm. Spam.

Comment

Originally posted by OG ROOSTER View Post
                Yo I don't know much about IT. Is it a person or a robot you know what I'm sayin. Can a robot register or is dat a person yo? Maybe its someone who got banned reigning terror you know what Im sayin. I wish it would stop yo.
                That's what it'll be... some guy's found a bug in vBulletin that they want to exploit for their own purposes, they've created a bot that exploits it and the bot will go around smashing vBulletin forums willy nilly.

Solution?
                1. Update to the latest security patches rather than updating every 10 years.
                2. Ban the accounts.
                3. Use stronger, bot-proof security measures (e.g. a good captcha). Somebody's automated the rego procedures successfully!
                4. Since vBulletin is a paid product, get some advice. Is this just spam or are there some security risks associated with it? For all we know, they've just scraped all of our e-mail addresses and stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by boogie View Post
                  the spam is still better than anything some people here have to say
                  You are a wnker boogie . 1st class

Comment

Originally posted by milanja View Post

yep, it's nice when a certain poster kicks somebody when they are already down, classy.
                    what are you talking about i didnt kick anybody down i made a joke that the spam threads are better than some peoples contributions i didnt name anyone you have lost the plot

Comment

I was thinking that they were welcome respite from the usual trolling threads created by Chookpen alumni.
                      Making Steve Naughton look like Vince Mellars...

Comment

Also ism, not a person - it's a 'bot.
                        Making Steve Naughton look like Vince Mellars...

Comment

Originally posted by horrie hastings View Post
                          Ewww. Who eats that stuff.

Comment

It's Turk and his many personalities.

Comment

Admin/mods please go through & wipe all these stupid threads that have been started & cease any new membership during the semi's.

Comment

Thanks admin/mods.

Comment

Working...
                                X