Over Enthusuasm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Over Enthusuasm

i believe our problems are being caused by over enthusiasm, As we try and advance, composure & patience will become more necessary. We can't keep winning the way we are.

All our bombed tries over the past few weeks are due to over enthusiasm to score the try but forgetting the basics like not passing forward or holding onto the ball.

I think Robbo needs someone on field to help keep the team calm. I would turn to Gordon and make him a co captain as he's mature and has to practice being calm & composed for every kick and this quality is what this team desperately needs if it wants to advance.
    “Soon will the present day order be rolled up, and a new one spread out in its stead”- (Baha’u’llah)

Gordon is not involved enough in attack. For me, the control when we go off track needs to come from JuJu or maybe Friend.

Bark at the forwards if they look for silly offloads, be clear that the objective of the set is a scrum 10 out from the opponents line. Scream at ****ers if they don't comply.

We do not show this composure at all however.

The only conclusion I can reach is that we are coached to be incredibly aggressive. If so, it is working.
    Originally posted by jism
    I saw Reynolds crying in front of me after the game and yelled out 'WHAT ARE YOU CRYING ABOUT?!?!? GO SAY SORRY TO COOPER YOU GRUB!!!' He looked up at me with a pretty broken looking face.

Comment

The Broncos first try came from a Mitch Aubusson mistake & it was undefendable. Cory Oates first try was dubious. His second was a gift. Ben Hunts try was a individual piece of brilliance. I think over all the Roosters were the more dominant team & need to continue to play with that enthusiasm..

Comment

I'd like to see a whole lot more composure.
        “Soon will the present day order be rolled up, and a new one spread out in its stead”- (Baha’u’llah)

Comment

I agree that when we post a few points or generally get on top of the other team, we tend to get a bit "over excited" and/also go a bit sideways in a lust for points and can squander a few opportunities.

Now if it's one thing I've learnt from my professional career playing Rocket League on the PS4, is that keeping the pressure on in attack is crucial rather than grinding too much or going into one's shell.

But, paitence is a virtue and finding execution on the back of that is why we won on Friday night

Comment

It's one of those things because when it works for us it looks great.

Not rushing the pass is something that the boys need to fix up. An example of this was the Maubs bombed try against the sharks a couple of weeks ago.

As much as I hate the melb and qld origin teams, that is something that they both do really well. Staying calm under pressure and controling the game rather than rushing it.

Comment

Working...
            X