Fergo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fergo

Im never one to stick up for a winger but Fergo has been copping a bad rap from last nights game. His one on one tackle to hold up a near certain try was magic and his strong running has been a highlight for the last couple of months as is his attack under a high ball. He also isnt exposed as much for his defensive reads since moving to the wing
    Now onto THAT play last night. Benji kicks the ball and Oates & Moga are a good 10 metres behing Aubo, who turned and went into a jog while the Oates & Moga sprinted past him.He only reacted when he could see what was unfolding and by then he was 20 metres behind.Even if wasnt a 40/20 situation he should have been getting back there.It was lazy from Aubo.

Now onto the other wing. My 2017 cash cow was backing whoever Toops was marking to score a try.....i was making a handsome profit watching Toops run in for no reason and giving his opposite winger a gift.So what has happened since Toops has been out injured? Not 1 try from a opposing right winger.When Latrell does comes in opposing centres are getting nailed and next time the ball heads there way they know Latrell is coming and meaning business. I know Toops is a favourite amongst you keyboard warriors but interestingly there hasnt been any calls of " stay on your wing" from the Chookpen at the ground since he has been out! I also think we are missing his ball playing in his own quarter while being driven back at a rate of knots

Happy Days!

Glenn was 99% to score that try. Epic effort by Fergie Fergo to stop it

Comment

Originally posted by HBK View Post
      Glenn was 99% to score that try. Epic effort by Fergie Fergo to stop it
      He also made a try saver on moga in the dying stages

Comment

Originally posted by Random Rooster View Post
        Im never one to stick up for a winger but Fergo has been copping a bad rap from last nights game. His one on one tackle to hold up a near certain try was magic and his strong running has been a highlight for the last couple of months as is his attack under a high ball. He also isnt exposed as much for his defensive reads since moving to the wing
        Now onto THAT play last night. Benji kicks the ball and Oates & Moga are a good 10 metres behing Aubo, who turned and went into a jog while the Oates & Moga sprinted past him.He only reacted when he could see what was unfolding and by then he was 20 metres behind.Even if wasnt a 40/20 situation he should have been getting back there.It was lazy from Aubo.

Now onto the other wing. My 2017 cash cow was backing whoever Toops was marking to score a try.....i was making a handsome profit watching Toops run in for no reason and giving his opposite winger a gift.So what has happened since Toops has been out injured? Not 1 try from a opposing right winger.When Latrell does comes in opposing centres are getting nailed and next time the ball heads there way they know Latrell is coming and meaning business. I know Toops is a favourite amongst you keyboard warriors but interestingly there hasnt been any calls of " stay on your wing" from the Chookpen at the ground since he has been out! I also think we are missing his ball playing in his own quarter while being driven back at a rate of knots

Happy Days!
        Fergo has been braining it for the Roosters since Origin.

I think his error or two were just Random...
        Originally posted by Bondi Boy

Pathetic!
        What a rabble we are.

Oh well, maybe next year

Comment

Random makes an excellent point about Toops' defensive issues and his poor kick returns at times where he stays upright and gets driven backwards. I haven't missed those aspects of Toops' play, nor the odd risky offload he would throw. He is good at getting under bombs if the opposition allows him passage but is that enough?
          "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance."

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Random that's a very good post and you make some very valid points.

Comment

Fergo did make some good tackles, but he also made a terrible read on the Corey Oates try (the first one). Came rushing in and took no-one ...if he stays out on his opposite, Oates doesn't get a free run at the corner.
              So it was a real mixed bag for him on Friday ....but he has been playing strong over the past month.

Comment

*bumping the spam off the front page*

Fergo was our best player in the last month of the season and his defence has been great.

So I'll cut him some slack for that error which was borne out of effort.

Comment

Our best player over the past 6 weeks or so.

Comment

He let in two tries but it's hard to bag him when you look at his post origin form.

Comment

He did also save one after Gordon let the bomb bounce.

He's made a few great saves recently.

Loving his commitment.

Comment

Working...
                      X