How do we address our error rate?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fletch View Post

but accepting a high error rate just because we usually have a solid defense is just plain stupid, and it finally caught up with us last night.
    Can i add to that Fletch.

TRobbo's recent statements in the media about his team's ability to come from behind to snatch victory despite inconsistent performances (Tigers, Cows, Broncos) fosters complacency IMO. It didn't work for them this time around against the Cowboys.

Comment

Originally posted by theGman View Post

TRobbo's recent statements in the media about his team's ability to come from behind to snatch victory despite inconsistent performances (Tigers, Cows, Broncos) fosters complacency IMO. It didn't work for them this time around against the Cowboys.
      The reality is a premiership contender wouldn't have to rely on continuously winning close matches. They would be good enough to put the bad sides away.

Comment

Originally posted by Cockadoodledoo View Post

The reality is a premiership contender wouldn't have to rely on continuously winning close matches. They would be good enough to put the bad sides away.
        Agree. That's why Melbourne are GF favourites and the best team all year.

Realistically, hand on our hearts, they would have beaten us well if we qualified. That's why i haven't taken our defeat so hard compared to previous years.

Comment

Agree. That's why Melbourne are GF favourites and the best team all year.

Realistically, hand on our hearts, they would have beaten us well if we qualified. That's why i haven't taken our defeat so hard compared to previous years.
          They would have won by 30, no risk at all. To think otherwise is fanciful. I am the same as you, the penny had dropped a while ago.

Comment

Originally posted by bondi.boy View Post

Solution...recruit players who don't make simple errors. Cowboys have plenty of them.

These days, defenders aim their tackling arm at the ball, top or bottom of the ball above or below the attacker's arm.

Hit it hard enough and most of the time it will come loose.

Kane Linnett, and Ethan Lowe used to play for us.
            Beaten by the 'Easts rejects' again!
            Baaah!
            The warriors had the best completion rates of any team this year.

Not as simple as just recruiting players who don't make errors...

Comment

I think that quote has been taken well out of context.

Robbo agreed that the Roosters weren't putting together 80 minute performances and that it was dissapointing. He THEN said that whilst people kept listing reasons the Roosters couldn't win you have to respect a side who can continually come up with big plays in big moments.

Everyone seems to forget his comments prior acknowledging the lack of 80min performances .

Comment

I think it’s going to take a few years as well as a complete clean out of personnel to fix this problem. Let’s hope the club is up to it. Getting tiresome of this never ending story of the Roosters almost making it.
                “Soon will the present day order be rolled up, and a new one spread out in its stead”- (Baha’u’llah)

Comment

Is it a position of complacency by Trent ?? - essentially same game plan week after week and not giving a hoot about mistakes. Over the past 2 months of press interviews in a lead to a game he seemed different to me like he was pissed off having to do it and displayed a low level of arrogance when answering questions.

Comment

It looks to me as if the players just couldn’t care less and are doing their own thing instead of sticking to a gameplan.
                    “Soon will the present day order be rolled up, and a new one spread out in its stead”- (Baha’u’llah)

Comment

Originally posted by roosterchook View Post
                      I agree a good start would be to demote repeat offenders.
                      I agree that's part of it. There has to be an acknowledgement that it's an important issue, it has to be measured (presumably it already is) and there has to be accountability and consequences for non-performance. You can either train the blokes you've got or you can try to replace them. I suspect it's mostly focus and concentration, maybe technique. So, it should be addressable in training. But you can't focus on everything, so where does it sit on Robbo's list of priorities?

Comment

Originally posted by roosterchook View Post
                        This is the big question and one which has been an obstacle to our team advancing to at least 3 grand finals. What can be done about it? We haven’t been able to get on top of it for years now and it’s killing us. What to do?
                        The team should have to do 1 lap of the oval & 20 push ups after every mistake or buy Bellamy, Smith, Cronk, Slater & Thurston.

Comment

Nudie run an hour after the match for every mistake
                          Written and published on behalf of the Liberal Party, Queensland

Comment

Bring in Kevin Campion as coach....

Originally posted by Bondi Boy

Pathetic!
                            What a rabble we are.

Oh well, maybe next year

Comment

Threaten them with having to wear a vote yes rented track suit.

Comment

Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post
                                Threaten them with having to wear a vote yes rented track suit.
                                Can't help but to derail a thread can you?
                                FVCK CANCER

Comment

Working...
                                X