Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Those calling for Trent Robinson's head have got to be morons. Here's why.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Des Hasler should be the coach.

Comment

Many factors go towards winning games, just as much go toward losing them.

The rot started in our campaign when toops went down in round 20?

Prior to that, he and latrell were becoming quite scary in attack and giving us a proper left edge with maubs being mister fix it on the right.

But between what toops brings to the team in his carries, and maubs in his proper position in the back row we were stunted in the backline from the get go.

Better settled teams (cows) eat that up in prelims. I believe that first try by tmm (who I'd been writing off the last month) really hurt us combined with no possession or position in the first half.

Pearce pushed up to make the tackle, JWH followed (in essence crowding) to which Napa clocked off and left a hole.

That comes down to intensity and scrambling desperate defence which Cordner said post match wasn't good enough in not being able to defend our errors.

Hell the cows made an unforced error leading directly to fergos try.

I agree toops should have come on after the opening exchanges (20th min?) if he couldn't start at the latest or he shouldn't have played at all.

I'm starting to buy in to the idea we were saving ourselves for the gf. (Could be way off)

Someone said JWH only made 40m? What the heck? Our starting forwards got rolled.

Look I musn't be the only one who is concerned about Napa's game at the moment. I liked his first two hitups but then?

I hope we don't have another myles on our hands (worldbeater for Qld otherwise poor)

Robbo - is he saying the right things, and if he is are the players listening/applying?

Keep hearing it's Pearce's team, again - are they listening to him ala Cronk/Smith?

Pearce is more predictable a half than say Morgan, but this team is not built around one player.

This comes back to lack of aggression/intensity to make the most of simple plays like the bomb on the last, kick chase not good enough although not terrible.

I have no idea, just throwing it out there fellow penners, there will always be errors we just didn't make up for them.

That attempt on feldt in the corner was the perfect example of the soft nature we went in on Saturday night.

I've gotta hand it over to the experts now.

GO EASTS.

Comment

Originally posted by Cockadoodledoo View Post

Bit much expecting James Tedesco to coach the side and play fullback.
        I was expecting a Thurston play on initials but will pay Teddy...

Comment

Originally posted by The distributor View Post
          Des Hasler should be the coach.
          You are surely a troll.....
          Originally posted by Bondi Boy

Pathetic!
          What a rabble we are.

Oh well, maybe next year

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post
            I suggested the following when we first appointed our new coach last time:

Head Coach: JT
            Assistant: Player management and communications - Robbo.

Still prefer it...JT has a great footy brain is a master tactician.
            I like you and you make a lot of sense, well apart from this post......

Pathetic!
            What a rabble we are.

Oh well, maybe next year

Comment

What if the Storm lose next weekend, does that mean Bellamy's days at the Storm are numbered????

Pathetic!
              What a rabble we are.

Oh well, maybe next year

Comment

I think Robbo will get 2 or 3 more years to deliver that Premiership, provided we remain a top 4 team.

I could be wrong but we realistically we probably were not going to win it this year based on our performances from week to week in which an 80 min performance more more elusive than a Tasmanian TIger.

That we got to the PF was a minor miracle considering we blew a big lead against the Broncos and if not for a flash of brilliance from Mitchell I doubt we progress beyond week 2. Most years our team would have finished outside of the top 4 on the week to week games we produced.

It was disappointing to lose to the Cowboys but maybe they have spared us from a humiliating massacre of sorts in the GF. I honestly think the Cowboys will equip themselves better against the Storm than we would have had. That game we played against the Storm a month or so ago, well the odds were against us to reproduce that and they have Munster back and will be primed for a really big one imo.

Just one other thing. I know Pearce, Friend, JWH, Fergo, Matto, Keary, Flash and Latrell have been under the microscope for this loss but I didn't even notice that Napa was out there in the second half. I know he was but did he sleep through that half?
                Last edited by 4 the all in brawl; 09-26-2017, 12:36 AM.

Pathetic!
                What a rabble we are.

Oh well, maybe next year

Comment

If its more of the same from Robbo next year he will be punted. It wont be ugly they wilk mask it.... He will announce it as goibg back ti froggy land.
                  Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Comment

Look no one could deny that Robbo made some massive errors in judgement on saturday night. Picking toops on the bench was the most egregious. I've said countless times on here that Robbo's one flaw as a coach is his inability to work out how to use his interchange.

But who would honestly be a better replacement? I have him pegged as one of the top 3-4 coaches in the game. The other in his company certainly would never leave their current clubs either. So who do people actually want to replace him with?

A full off season with JT assisting in the attacking strategy will help IMO

Comment

Originally posted by Danish View Post
                      Look no one could deny that Robbo made some massive errors in judgement on saturday night. Picking toops on the bench was the most egregious. I've said countless times on here that Robbo's one flaw as a coach is his inability to work out how to use his interchange.

But who would honestly be a better replacement? I have him pegged as one of the top 3-4 coaches in the game. The other in his company certainly would never leave their current clubs either. So who do people actually want to replace him with?

A full off season with JT assisting in the attacking strategy will help IMO
                      Spot on,he needs to toughen up a bit with the squad a bit as well.

Comment

The OP says those calling for TR's head have got to be morons. Well, I'm not calling for TR's head, but I AM calling for some signs of improvement, the elimination of idiocy, the semblance of game plans, the disciplining of all players for repeated errors (not just the young ones).

I want to see the Roosters perform consistently across a game, not be so bloody predictable, not call out taumalolo or anyone else, play tough, play smart, play as a team, complete at 90% like the cows, stop losing prelim finals.

I want to see a Roosters team SMASH the opposition, not win by less than six (NOT a positive) a lot. Perhaps I should just accept that this Roosters team will never meet my lofty expectations.
                        "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance."

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

The thing with the interchange is that I think Robbo feels he is actually ahead of the game and meeting the changing rules head on. However, it does not seem to be playing out that way. Toups on the bench and repeatedly playing with 16 players was not smart. Robbo was a prop right?

Comment

Look at the 2 teams left. Now look at there half and hooker , very dominant in there positions. Its an area we have room for improvement and would help us go to the next level. Im not happy with second best being a success. My opinion only

Comment

Originally posted by Danish View Post

You cannot argue with this. The only guys you could be confident in keeping us up there as a top 4 team are Bellamy and Paul Green. Maybe skeletor but I wouldn't want a bar of him after what happened last time. I can't see Bellamy coming, though you never know, who saw Bennett going to the Dragons. Paul Green would also be an idiot to leave the Cowboys with the roster he has. Other than those 2 you are taking a massive gamble on anyone else.

Comment

Originally posted by Bondicigar View Post
                                Look at the 2 teams left. Now look at there half and hooker , very dominant in there positions. Its an area we have room for improvement and would help us go to the next level. Im not happy with second best being a success. My opinion only
                                Yep those positions are a massive worry as well as the front row. That is where you win big games. Forget Tedesco when your front row can only take 12 hit ups combined, he won't make a difference whatsoever. I really like the look of Victor Radley and believe he should be groomed to takeover Friend from 2019, I am not confident this tough decision will be made.

Comment

Working...
                                X