Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Those calling for Trent Robinson's head have got to be morons. Here's why.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dean Pay will be coaching the Bulldogs so he is no chance.

There would be few coaches whose characteristics we couldn't pull apart.
    Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

Comment

Originally posted by BUDDY View Post
      His selection of Toups on the bench instead of another forward on a hot night that suited the Cowboys will go down in history as worse than picking Paea on the bench in the 2010 GF.
      I hope he comes out and takes ownership for that mistake and explains why he made it but I doubt he will ever admit it was an error.
      He will not be sacked and doesn't deserve to be sacked. He is one of the top 3 coaches going around. But he got his bench wrong quite a few games during the year and finally both semis.
      Spot on

Comment

Originally posted by stringaz View Post
        Many factors go towards winning games, just as much go toward losing them.

The rot started in our campaign when toops went down in round 20?

Prior to that, he and latrell were becoming quite scary in attack and giving us a proper left edge with maubs being mister fix it on the right.

But between what toops brings to the team in his carries, and maubs in his proper position in the back row we were stunted in the backline from the get go.

Better settled teams (cows) eat that up in prelims. I believe that first try by tmm (who I'd been writing off the last month) really hurt us combined with no possession or position in the first half.

Pearce pushed up to make the tackle, JWH followed (in essence crowding) to which Napa clocked off and left a hole.

That comes down to intensity and scrambling desperate defence which Cordner said post match wasn't good enough in not being able to defend our errors.

Hell the cows made an unforced error leading directly to fergos try.

I agree toops should have come on after the opening exchanges (20th min?) if he couldn't start at the latest or he shouldn't have played at all.

I'm starting to buy in to the idea we were saving ourselves for the gf. (Could be way off)

Someone said JWH only made 40m? What the heck? Our starting forwards got rolled.

Look I musn't be the only one who is concerned about Napa's game at the moment. I liked his first two hitups but then?

I hope we don't have another myles on our hands (worldbeater for Qld otherwise poor)

Robbo - is he saying the right things, and if he is are the players listening/applying?

Keep hearing it's Pearce's team, again - are they listening to him ala Cronk/Smith?

Pearce is more predictable a half than say Morgan, but this team is not built around one player.

This comes back to lack of aggression/intensity to make the most of simple plays like the bomb on the last, kick chase not good enough although not terrible.

I have no idea, just throwing it out there fellow penners, there will always be errors we just didn't make up for them.

That attempt on feldt in the corner was the perfect example of the soft nature we went in on Saturday night.

I've gotta hand it over to the experts now.

GO EASTS.
        great post. How they let Feldt score showed the lack of determination compared to the Cowboys..

Comment

Originally posted by Cockadoodledoo View Post

Yep those positions are a massive worry as well as the front row. That is where you win big games. Forget Tedesco when your front row can only take 12 hit ups combined, he won't make a difference whatsoever. I really like the look of Victor Radley and believe he should be groomed to takeover Friend from 2019, I am not confident this tough decision will be made.
          Agree big concern! Our front row is very poor with only 2 natural props, both who had a lack of form. Friend only takes the line on when he overplays his hand kicking on the 4th or 5th..he needs to know when to run. So many times on sat they were offside but he wouldn't run at them. He also should only be playing 30mins a half with Radly coming on next year.

Robbo needs to make this his team not Pearce's or Friends and make the necessary changes needed to take this team further. We had a good year but attitude, leading to mistakes, wasn't good enough.

Comment

I can't support punting Robbo at all.

But he has to get a grip on his inability to win prelims. It has become endemic.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Tobin View Post

But he has to get a grip on his inability to win prelims. It has become endemic.
              Remember during Smith coaching era and early in Robinsons tenor the club was more ruthless getting rid of any farkwits and that the attitude the club needs now.
              Bennet lets say punted his half back ...why? because he was total ****wit and cost them the GF .
              piss em of
              Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Comment

I'd happily see the back of Pearce and Friend for Cronk and even Lichaa. When allowed to run he showed more in those games at the end of the season than Friend has since 2013. He could rotate with Radley.

I just think we need a new direction at half and hooker. Both are damaged goods after multiple Prelim chokes.

Comment

Originally posted by The Brain View Post

Remember during Smith coaching era and early in Robinsons tenor the club was more ruthless getting rid of any farkwits and that the attitude the club needs now.
                  Bennet lets say punted his half back ...why? because he was total ****wit and cost them the GF .
                  piss em of
                  Exactly. Hunt see ya later
                  barbarian ......arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by trewhella View Post

Exactly. Hunt see ya later
                    well Bennet has done that to plenty and so has Bellamy .Hasler at manly did it but stopped at Bulldogs and paid the price for it.
                    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy Smith View Post
                      I'd happily see the back of Pearce and Friend for Cronk and even Lichaa. When allowed to run he showed more in those games at the end of the season than Friend has since 2013. He could rotate with Radley.

I just think we need a new direction at half and hooker. Both are damaged goods after multiple Prelim chokes.
                      Lichaa in for Friend?

Jesus f**king christ, i'm sorry but that has to be a gee up.

Hooker isn't even a problem for us. As you said, Radley is an fantastic bench rotation.

As for Cronk - $$$$$$$$$$. Which means we lose players, which means unbalancing the squad and weakening the team overall.
                      Last edited by Steakface; 09-27-2017, 02:41 PM.

Comment

piss em of
                        And with his new half back the Broncos didn't score one point against the Storm last week.

Ruthless is good...if you can replace the so called f-wits with someone better, at the same money.

What we need to do is treat the NRL and its refs/officials with utter contempt.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Tobin View Post

Cows game...the Cows' '10m' as '2m' ...we should've received another 12 penalties.
                          But no...

Would we have had more chance to win the Prelim with better players?
                          Yes.
                          So, the solution is buy Trent some better players.
                          Only real problem is, they'll likely all want $800,000 a season like RTS did.

Comment

If its more of the same from Robbo next year he will be punted. It wont be ugly they wilk mask it.... He will announce it as goibg back ti froggy land.
                            That'll ****en do me. Thanks for the heads up Nostradamus.
                            Originally posted by jism
                            I saw Reynolds crying in front of me after the game and yelled out 'WHAT ARE YOU CRYING ABOUT?!?!? GO SAY SORRY TO COOPER YOU GRUB!!!' He looked up at me with a pretty broken looking face.

Comment

Originally posted by Steakface View Post

Lichaa in for Friend?

Jesus f**king christ, i'm sorry but that has to be a gee up.

Hooker isn't even a problem for us. As you said, Radley is an fantastic bench rotation.

As for Cronk - $$$$$$$$$$. Which means we lose players, which means unbalancing the squad and weakening the team overall.
                              Except when does Friend rotate at hooker?

Comment

Is Rip Taylor available?

Comment

Working...
                                X