Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Those calling for Trent Robinson's head have got to be morons. Here's why.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

https://www.nrl.com/stats/telstrapre...4/default.aspx

2015, 2016, 2017 we ame 1st in errors
    2014 we were 2nd

So in 4 years why no improvement or progress? The stats are there for all to see. If we came 2nd with such bad errors imagine what we could do if we tidied them up even a little bit. We would be world beaters. Errors are clearly our downfall. We have the roster to win the comp but errors are killing our chances.
    “Soon will the present day order be rolled up, and a new one spread out in its stead”- (Baha’u’llah)

Comment

Originally posted by Flipper Hands View Post

That'll ****en do me. Thanks for the heads up Nostradamus.
      If pen gets put to paper you will be eating your comment
      Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Comment

Originally posted by roosterchook View Post
        https://www.nrl.com/stats/telstrapre...4/default.aspx

2015, 2016, 2017 we ame 1st in errors
        2014 we were 2nd

So in 4 years why no improvement or progress? The stats are there for all to see. If we came 2nd with such bad errors imagine what we could do if we tidied them up even a little bit. We would be world beaters. Errors are clearly our downfall. We have the roster to win the comp but errors are killing our chances.
        I know I've already done this discussion to the death on here but purely looking at errors in such a non descriptive statistical analysis is flawed. Unforced errors in your own half are the killer.

Daniel Tupou going up for a cross field kick and dropping it 2m out from the oppositions goal line is a lot different to Blake Ferguson dropping it twice coming out of our own end 20m out from our own goal line.

You've also got to recognise that if we 'became tidied them up a little bit' meaning we throw less pressure passes, attack a little deeper and make the priority to defend the ball when we run into the line then you impact our attacking potency.

We made a lot of errors from 2013-2015 because we were constantly chancing our hand in attack, we became the most potent attacking team in the comp as a result, you really need to acknowledge that in the discussion.

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy Smith View Post
          I'd happily see the back of Pearce and Friend for Cronk and even Lichaa. When allowed to run he showed more in those games at the end of the season than Friend has since 2013. He could rotate with Radley.

I just think we need a new direction at half and hooker. Both are damaged goods after multiple Prelim chokes.
          Lichaa's service is shit, he's got a decent running game and ok defender but geez you are clutching there Tommy.

Running the ball is such a small part of a dummy half's role in the modern day game, I remember when people used to criticise Cam Smith for not having a running game. If you want a running dummy half, pick em on the bench.

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster_6 View Post

I know I've already done this discussion to the death on here but purely looking at errors in such a non descriptive statistical analysis is flawed. Unforced errors in your own half are the killer.

Daniel Tupou going up for a cross field kick and dropping it 2m out from the oppositions goal line is a lot different to Blake Ferguson dropping it twice coming out of our own end 20m out from our own goal line.

You've also got to recognise that if we 'became tidied them up a little bit' meaning we throw less pressure passes, attack a little deeper and make the priority to defend the ball when we run into the line then you impact our attacking potency.

We made a lot of errors from 2013-2015 because we were constantly chancing our hand in attack, we became the most potent attacking team in the comp as a result, you really need to acknowledge that in the discussion.

Youre right. It’s the stupid errors which hurt the most. I agree on that but with so many errors we struggle to get enough possessi9n. We’ve done well but I still think we need to play more percentage footy to win a final. That effort was disgraceful. If we want to keep playing like that we may as well come last because to make a GF we need to hold onto the ball at least coming out of our own half.
            “Soon will the present day order be rolled up, and a new one spread out in its stead”- (Baha’u’llah)

Comment

Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post
              Is Rip Taylor available?
              I'd have him here for that Lord Ted style mustache alone.

rip-taylor.jpg
              SUPER DRAGON!

Comment

Running the ball is such a small part of a dummy half's role in the modern day game, I remember when people used to criticise Cam Smith for not having a running game. If you want a running dummy half, pick em on the bench.
                Yet he ran 14 times for 129 metres in the GF. Why? Because in the biggest games the best players step up to take ownership of the result. Smith has a great running game and knows when to pick his moments. Just like with his kicking game.

Comment

Originally posted by Steakface View Post

Lichaa in for Friend?

Jesus f**king christ, i'm sorry but that has to be a gee up.

Hooker isn't even a problem for us. As you said, Radley is an fantastic bench rotation.

As for Cronk - $$$$$$$$$$. Which means we lose players, which means unbalancing the squad and weakening the team overall.
                  Radley is more a back rower than second dummy half I would say - I recall they tried to make Mark Minichiello into a dummy half when his best position was second row.

Comment

A few thoughts about the roosters performance this year,Remembering that we did in fact run second in the premiership which was still a good result but could have been so much better as i believe we had the team to beat the storm but that's history now.

1 Jake Friend has turned into a tackling machine he lacks the darting runs from dummy half and attacking plays that the modern game demands.His game time should be limited to preserve his energy,
                    2 The policy of picking back row forwards in the centers should never again be trialed,keep Latrell and Manu in the centers sure they will make a few mistakes but they have to build a combination and continue to improve.Never forget that latrell got us to the final with that try he scored from center.That leaves Aubbo and Matto to return to the pack where they belong.It strengthens the packs edge attack immensely we missed Aubo in the forwards imo.
                    3 The rotation of the forwards has been a problem.Just about every game that i have watched when the 2 starting props have off the field at the same time the opposition have come back .We need another big fella on the bench Tetavano is a good hit man but i believe we need a big prop as well for some go forward if both props are off the field.

Comment

Originally posted by Cockadoodledoo View Post

Yet he ran 14 times for 129 metres in the GF. Why? Because in the biggest games the best players step up to take ownership of the result. Smith has a great running game and knows when to pick his moments. Just like with his kicking game.
                      Haha I was thinking about my post watching Smith tearing it up. You have to go back to Round 10,2014 for the last time he ran as many metres.

I rate Smith as the best I've ever seen, above Joey & Thurston so it's not about me doubting his ability.

I just think there's so much more to the dummy half role than running the ball, I argued this for years when people used to put the laughable argument forward that Isaac Luke was the best dummy half in the game because Cam Smith had little to no running game.

I think it's equally as laughable to suggest Lichaa is a better dummy half than Jake Friend.

**** knows how Cam Smith didn't win MOTM.

Comment

Haha I was thinking about my post watching Smith tearing it up. You have to go back to Round 10,2014 for the last time he ran as many metres.

I rate Smith as the best I've ever seen, above Joey & Thurston so it's not about me doubting his ability.

I just think there's so much more to the dummy half role than running the ball, I argued this for years when people used to put the laughable argument forward that Isaac Luke was the best dummy half in the game because Cam Smith had little to no running game.

I think it's equally as laughable to suggest Lichaa is a better dummy half than Jake Friend.

**** knows how Cam Smith didn't win MOTM.
                        Lichaa...... they cant be serious has one good game in 3 years and they want him at Easts ...wake up people .
                        Dean Pay should turn out to be a good coach but he will need 3 years or so to get it right..it wouldnt surprise me if he got instant results but he will have Foran possibly to contend with who might win him games and dissappear later on.
                        Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Comment

Maybe the Chooks should go for a package deal & replace Robbo with Des & Friendy with Lichaa?
                          Fark I come up with some good ideas.

Comment

Working...
                          X