No announcement yet.

The Seven Stages of Grief

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4 is about the only one that applies to me at this stage although the depression isnt too bad more a sense of disappointment Somewhere down the track I will get to 7 I have to say i walked home from the ground about 15 mins away and it was so quiet I felt like I was on a funeral procession
    When you trust your television
    what you get is what you got
    Cause when they own the information
    they can bend it all they want

John Mayer

Comment

Originally posted by The Brain View Post
      where's your old no8 - Go to Tiffany's ?
      I am in Eastern Europe. The whole place is Tifanys.

Comment

not gonna bother watching the grand final, the years finished. looking forward to a break and let the heart recover. Then bring on 2018, this season we did amazing from 15th the Prelim, when was the last time this happened? teddy is gonna carve up next year, i cant wait. this years been fun and heart breaking but next year is the year for us

Comment

Originally posted by RoosterFanNZ View Post
          not gonna bother watching the grand final, the years finished. looking forward to a break and let the heart recover. Then bring on 2018, this season we did amazing from 15th the Prelim, when was the last time this happened? teddy is gonna carve up next year, i cant wait. this years been fun and heart breaking but next year is the year for us
          You have made it to the last stage. I don't think I will.

Comment

Originally posted by RoosterFanNZ View Post
            We got the spoon in 09 then to the GF in 10.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Tobin View Post
              Where are you at? And where have you been?
              I'm stuck on 4 , and probably will be till we take the field in round one next year.

Comment

Cant see myself getting past 1 for a long time

Comment

More to the point, I wonder at what stage are our players.

i hope they are not trying to cope through booze (and puppies) . I hope they remember this feeling throughout their pre season
                  Written and published on behalf of the Liberal Party, Queensland

Comment

Originally posted by The distributor View Post
                    I hate to say I told you so but I told you so.

Robbo is a good bloke but he is too soft.

Ultimately the lack of discipline is the the responsibility of the coach.

Hasler is available?
                    What, with his stoopid short kick-offs policy?

Robbo finished ahead of Hasler...so keep Robbo.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Tobin View Post
                      1. Shock & Denial

2. Pain & Guilt

3. Anger & Bargaining

4. Depression & Reflection

5. The Upward Turn

6. Reconstruction & Working Through

7. Acceptance & Hope

I didn't work through the stages. I went straight to Anger and am still there.

Where are you at? And where have you been?

Straight after the game.

I thought we'd be struggling to win [and said so to family and friends before the game]...given the way our games are refereed, taking our game against the Broncos as a guide [which we would've lost except for Latrell's last minute try...dropped balls, bad passes, missed tackles, no short-kicking game etc]...and the Cowboys' form.

"To win this game we'll have to play our very best football" I said.

Comment

Stage 1 Anger, rage, frustration, disappointment
                        Stage 2 Blame Pearce
                        Stage 3 Keep blaming Pearce
                        Stage 4 Keep blaming Pearce but add Robbo
                        Stage 5 Blame Trump
                        Back to stage 1

Comment

You need a session with Gus
                          barbarian ......arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by trewhella View Post
                            You need a session with Gus
                            @ Sydney Steam Room?? (now that Ken's @ Kenso has closed down).

Comment

Originally posted by King Salvo View Post
                              Anger and extreme Disappointment - that was a very poor performance which cannot be sugar coated - the Cows were not great-they just played within their structure and waited for us to implode - we gifted them points all night through basic mistakes(not able to complete the next set of 6 after scoring for instance-giving them the chance to hit back each time we regained the lead).

Their first try by Martin reminded me of a Benny Hill Skit - when he was Ginger Tomkins- dribbling the ball past players who fell over on the way to scoring a goal- Straight way with how easy that try was one could see the Roosters heads were not on for this game. Unable to defend mistakes too and one has to say many players went missing in this game -not withstanding having players who really should not have played.- they were lucky to be down 6-8 at half time- I thought they dodged a bullet in the first half and they will address things at half time- especially set completions and errors being made - got worse in the second half despite regaining the lead on two occasions.

One doesn't know if they will get a better chance of reaching a Grand final either than this year- If they were beaten and played to their ability - you just tip your lid to the opposition - Problem is they didn't which has been the story all year despite finishing second - not one 80 minute performance all year - will the loss motivate the players onto better things next season - time will tell. The squad will need to be refreshed especially as were are losing Watson/Guerra/Evans with only Tedesco signed - so some other players will need to come into the squad next season to replace players leaving - teams can have 30 NRL contracted players plus 6 Development players next season (2018)
                              If they can't get up for a GF, then whats the f***** point.
                              And like you say, it's not a huge surprise, our worst fears came true as we all know they've got it in them to implode and be utterly useless. You could probably forgive the groundhog day drop balls and dumb errors if they played like they wanted it more than the opposition and stopped all of Cowboys soft tries.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Walker View Post
                                4 is about the only one that applies to me at this stage although the depression isnt too bad more a sense of disappointment Somewhere down the track I will get to 7 I have to say i walked home from the ground about 15 mins away and it was so quiet I felt like I was on a funeral procession
                                Likewise, drove home with a mate in complete silence & shock. For the first time ever I left my seat before the full time whistle. It was like a zombie mass exodus.
                                Unfortunately I don't have it in me to reach 7 and admire all who can.

Comment

Working...
                                X