No announcement yet.

The Seven Stages of Grief

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I accepted the result about 20 mins into the game, it was like a waking nightmare i could see it unfold, i think the only thing that angers me was the fact we didnt look interested, we didnt give it a real crack wtf ? No intensity, no balls, no thought, we just rilled in thinking wed win against inferior opposition ...not really mad just disappointed , golden oppotunity blown...

Comment

Nobody could say the better team didnt win, cows schooled us

Comment

Even today driving home from work I just can't stop thinking about what happened..it's so depressing. The players lost the game yet I think Robbo needs to take blame for the loss. Why oh why did he mess around with the starting side playing players out of position .. Topou on the bench meaning only 2 forwards to the Cowboys 4 in 30 degree heat wtf! Just bewilders me how he did such a stupid thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Freddy View Post
          Even today driving home from work I just can't stop thinking about what happened..it's so depressing. The players lost the game yet I think Robbo needs to take blame for the loss. Why oh why did he mess around with the starting side playing players out of position .. Topou on the bench meaning only 2 forwards to the Cowboys 4 in 30 degree heat wtf! Just bewilders me how he did such a stupid thing.
          I think everyone was amazed by that. But the bench use in the past two years has raised some eyebrows. And if you get the praise you have to be ready to cop criticism when you stuff up. Far too much thinking that we were home and hosed before the ball was kicked. No other explanation fits.

I think the serious issue is our poor record in finals matches. Apart from 2013 it is choker material. And if it wasn't for Latrell's last ditch try saving our bacon against Brisbane we might have gone out even earlier. The crazy part was we came back from 8 nil down to post 12 unanswered points, which could have been more if not for the obstruction call. And then we let them back in. I don't know of any top of the ladder side that lets another side back in as frequently.

Comment

Eh, this year hasn't hurt much compared to previous to me. Mainly because I never once felt like we had it in us to go all the way. Always seemed like we just kept failing up through lots of luck and individual play, and eventually we'd be found out.

I'm actually kind of glad it happened in the prelim rather than having to watch us get 40 points put on us in a grand final.

Comment

Immediately after the match I put myself on a total media ban, including coming on to this site, as I just didn't want to know about anything Roosters or rugby league. That ban will continue once I've read a few of the threads here and I won't be watching another game of league until I don't know when because I think it would be better to focus on other things.

I'm mad and very disappointed with the Roosters and am trying (with mixed success) to put that performance out of my mind. Adding Teddy to that side would not have made any difference as there are long standing fundamental issues with the Roosters. They were pathetic on Saturday night and I sensed (as others did) after about 20 minutes that they were going to lose but wanted and waited to be proven wrong.

Those who care for me and had to deal with me after the game have asked me to stop caring so much about the stupid Roosters. That loss may have been a tipping point - time will tell.
              "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance."

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by theGman View Post

@ Sydney Steam Room?? (now that Ken's @ Kenso has closed down).
                I didnt know you were a steamer Gman??
                The Brain tells me that place goes off.
                He says Sundays after miday rock as do the lights out parties,
                barbarian ......arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by trewhella View Post

I didnt know you were a steamer Gman??
                  The Brain tells me that place goes off.
                  He says Sundays after miday rock as do the lights out parties,
                  Hahaha.
                  Relax re, just for the record - i'm a NO voter

Comment

Originally posted by mattyh View Post
                    Nobody could say the better team didnt win, cows schooled us
                    I can. I think we were the better team as evident by our roster v theirs and our finishing position on the ladder. We just didn't play like it on the night.
                    FVCK CANCER

Comment

Originally posted by Bondicigar View Post
                      Cant see myself getting past 1 for a long time
                      My final stage will be Haunted & Scarred

Comment

Originally posted by rented tracksuit View Post

I can. I think we were the better team as evident by our roster v theirs and our finishing position on the ladder. We just didn't play like it on the night.

gee tracky if thats what gets ya through the night mate . Ok the better team is watching the grand final

Comment

Originally posted by Bondicigar View Post

gee tracky if thats what gets ya through the night mate . Ok the better team is watching the grand final
                          Yes. It wouldn't be the first time either. And your point is?
                          FVCK CANCER

Comment

Originally posted by Freddy View Post
                            A 'brain explosion'...all it can be.

He needs to do better than that or.............he could well find himself in the principal's office trying to explain himself.

Comment

Originally posted by Danish View Post
                              Eh, this year hasn't hurt much compared to previous to me. Mainly because I never once felt like we had it in us to go all the way. Always seemed like we just kept failing up through lots of luck and individual play, and eventually we'd be found out.

I'm actually kind of glad it happened in the prelim rather than having to watch us get 40 points put on us in a grand final.
                              Indeed.
                              We were found out, bigtime.

IMO many fans believe our team is better than it actually is.

Our short kicking game is basically non existent.
                              When we get into the opposition's 20 more often than not we stuff around passing the ball to one another with forwards trying to score one out.

Comment

[QUOTE=rented tracksuit;n711506]

Yes. It wouldn't be the first time either. And your point is?

I think you might be living in denial ? Maybe iv been rong before

Comment

Working...
                                X