Clear All

Originally posted by Johnny Tobin View Post
    Mole has now said he was wrrrrrrrrrong.
    not like the mole to be wrong with his stories lol

Bringer of Rain, Embrace the Hate, Freedom for All

Comment

Originally posted by Steakface View Post
      Don't fool yourselves.

I like Aiden and Conner just as much as the next fan.

But Guerra is approaching twilight of his career and commands biggish dollars as an Origin player. It's smart cap management to move him on now, not to mention his form has been up and down. There will be more downs than ups from here on in.

As for Connor, the only 2 positions that really suit his skillset are Fullback and running Five Eighth. Doesn't have the organisational skills, kicking skills or even passing game to be a top shelf 7 at this stage. And with Tedesco in the no1 and Keary in the no6, there is just no room as good as he is sadly. Square peg, round hole.
      Very well put.

Connor does not have the ability to pass or kick at speed or under pressure. Teddy and Keary are our No.1 and No.6. Hopefully Pearce is relegated to the No.14

Comment

Originally posted by theGman View Post

Neither does Uncle!
        Cooper might well find happiness in the Harbour City IF a deal can be struck to offload Mr Inconsistent .
        You just made me moist.

I'll be sad when there's no pay off now

Comment

Pearce should've been punted after the Australia Day incident
          Unfortunately for Robbo his love affair and loyalty for the protected Pearce will eventually cost him his job!!

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkeye View Post

100%.
            His defence (usually his strong point) this year has been very ordinary, both for us and NSW
            "If you can't tackle, don't bother ringing up [for a trial]"- Jack Gibson

Comment

Would not be bloody surprised if Souths have a crack at Connor and offer him the #6 spot with Adam Reynolds in the halves. Souths are doing a spring clean out as we speak and who have they signed on besides Dane Gagai for next season ? Not much !

It may be a long-shot but Ladies and Gentlemen you read it here first !!!
              Last edited by DP1990; 09-27-2017, 08:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Steakface View Post
                Don't fool yourselves.

I like Aiden and Conner just as much as the next fan.

But Guerra is approaching twilight of his career and commands biggish dollars as an Origin player. It's smart cap management to move him on now, not to mention his form has been up and down. There will be more downs than ups from here on in.

As for Connor, the only 2 positions that really suit his skillset are Fullback and running Five Eighth. Doesn't have the organisational skills, kicking skills or even passing game to be a top shelf 7 at this stage. And with Tedesco in the no1 and Keary in the no6, there is just no room as good as he is sadly. Square peg, round hole.
                well said. I actually see Watto in the same mould as Craig Wing. A jack of all trades suited to a halves role but an expert in none. Brilliant bench strike power but not much more than that.

FVCK CANCER

Comment

Originally posted by rented tracksuit View Post

well said. I actually see Watto in the same mould as Craig Wing. A jack of all trades suited to a halves role but an expert in none. Brilliant bench strike power but not much more than that.
                  Agree but it's very hard to use those players under current interchange rules

Comment

Originally posted by rented tracksuit View Post

Harsh on Wingy.

He was a jack of all trades but also a GREAT hooker.

He's sort of faded into memory has ole Wingy but at his peak at hooker he was a ****ing weapon.

Comment

Wingy could have been anything if not for Stuart's love affair with Finchy imo.

Comment

Hooker was his best position.

Though we should have stuck with the winning Freddy-Wing combo and signed a hooker instead of Finchy.

No biggie... only probably cost us a 3peat.

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy Smith View Post
                          Harsh on Wingy.

He was a jack of all trades but also a GREAT hooker.

He's sort of faded into memory has ole Wingy but at his peak at hooker he was a ****ing weapon.
                          Yeah you are probably right but I reckon he was much more valuable a bench utility. He did go very well at 9 for sure.

Wasnt trying to be harsh in Wingy. I think my praise came across wrong.

Last edited by rented tracksuit; 09-27-2017, 08:48 PM.
                          FVCK CANCER

Comment

Originally posted by stephenj View Post
                            sadly i agree wirth you
                            conner can be fulltime fullback at newy?
                            I think Connor is gonna play 5/8 at the spooners. They have signed Ponga for the FB role

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy Smith View Post
                              Hooker was his best position.

Though we should have stuck with the winning Freddy-Wing combo and signed a hooker instead of Finchy.

No biggie... only probably cost us a 3peat.
                              Agreed. The Wing/Freddy combo were our winning halves in the 2002 GF. Really should have stayed that way in 2003.

​​As much as I don't like Cam Smith, but imagine if we signed him back in 2002-03 to play hooker instead of Finchy.

Comment

Originally posted by SupermanSupportsEasts4Eva View Post

I think Connor is gonna play 5/8 at the spooners. They have signed Ponga for the FB role
                                I cant understand all the hype surrounding Ponga. What have I missed?
                                FVCK CANCER

Comment

Working...
                                X