We need a new 7 and 9.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Steakface View Post

Yet our 'mentally weak' 7 and 9 somehow won an NRL comp together !!

If they were mentally tough enough to get the team over the line in 2013, they sure as hell would meet standards of 'mental toughness' in 1st grade football, you would think.

(Holy s**t, where do people come up with this stuff ...............)
    SBW and Maloney dragged the team over the line. Friendy played great that year but wasn't saddled with the responsibility he has now. His form in past 2-3 seasons has been a shadow of his 2013 form.

Pearce, lol, serviceable half he is, but was dragged over the line in 2013 by the leadership qualities in that team of SBW, Maloney and Mini.

Its laughable if you think he got the team over the line with Friend. What game were you watching when we beat Manly from behind that year?

Also rather funny your choice of words when someone has an opinion that is not necessarily the same as yours.....Holy Sh*t how do people come up with this? I have a fcuking different opinion to yours Einstein!!!!

I agree they meet the requirements for fg but not to lead a team to a premiership. Pearce has lost that many big games on his career and Friend will be scarred by the prelim final losses. They have had more near misses than Greg Norman and I think for the team to break through there has to be a bit of a refresh or I can see us losing the prelim again next year. Sometimes it is better to build from ground up and perhaps win the comp in 2 years taking the chance on a Taylor or a Cleary who may not have the runs on the board yet but show more composure in their game even in their tender years than Pearce could ever dream about.

Hopefully Teddy and Keary take up the slack as we are going to be stuck with Bill and Ben for another couple of seasons at least.
    Last edited by 4 the all in brawl; 09-30-2017, 07:28 PM.
    Originally posted by Bondi Boy

Pathetic!
    What a rabble we are.

Oh well, maybe next year

Comment

Originally posted by Steakface View Post

Mate, i think you've hit the nail on the head, and i agree with you.

With the exception of Cronk, you are not going to find a better style of half in the NRL that compliments a running 5/8 like Keary (yet).

Piss will do a job for this team better than anyone else, especially when you take into account the tight knit playing relationship forged w Cordner, Friendy etc (also a very underrated aspect IMO). Our results as a club (with the exception of last year) reflect that.
      Yeah Pearce is the next best half in the game for Keary after Cronk retires (which is still on the cards) he will then be the best in the game for Keary.

Keary wouldn't do as well with Norman, Morgan, Taylor, Thurston or Cleary according to you.

Yeah you will be wondering how the hell I come up with this shit, I must be on drugs...
      Originally posted by Bondi Boy

Pathetic!
      What a rabble we are.

Oh well, maybe next year

Comment

Morgan is unsigned for beyond 2018.

Of course if he came to us he'd have to endure the refereeing we're subjected to every game.

Comment

He would also have to endure the Robbo style of coaching and his team that play a game riddled with mistakes.

Comment

Working...
          X