Cooper Cronk to the Roosters in 2018 ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Moose View Post

3 of those players aren't even props and at this point none of them are better than Collins
    All have played prop at various stages as well as some in the backrow- Collins looks like a fair player in reggies but not one that would put any fear into the oppositions defence in the NRL- more of a backup if there are a few injuries and not a permanent 17 player possibility.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny. View Post
      If Cooper does come, his nickname is ready made.

Rooster Cronkburn.
      Hahaha....
      Originally posted by Bondi Boy

Pathetic!
      What a rabble we are.

Oh well, maybe next year

Comment

If the Roosters sign Cronk for next year I will ban myself from the Chookpen for a month.

Comment

Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post
          If the Roosters sign Cronk for next year I will ban myself from the Chookpen for a month.
          If he signs for 2 years, can you make it 2 months hahaha...

Comment

Originally posted by ROC181 View Post

If he signs for 2 years, can you make it 2 months hahaha...
            lol. I bet there would be 1 or 2 that would hope that.

Comment

Originally posted by ROC181 View Post
              As for my posts, how did I mock? That it was an outrageous comment you made about how Pearce missed a tackle? That wasn't mocking, that was what I was thinking at the time but I let it go then... I tend not to get involved in someones else's argument... I've offered enough 'rebuttal' in the past to show how Pearce is not as good as some here make him out to be. I'm not going to throw stats to prove a point when I know that a single factor stat is meaningless. Any psych grad could tell you that. I will throw this though...How filthy was Andrew Johns when Mitchell failed at SOO...again...? All that work, coaching and expectation...and nothing!!! That's what we have been thinking too lately. I think you can be a little condescending with other posters with your OTT analysis of a missed tackle. Do you give other players like Guerra that much leniency when they missed a tackle? Do you support Friend when gets criticised by many here? Which goes back to my question, why are you a staunch defender of Pearce and hardly hear you say anything in support of others?
              I actually defended Jake Friend immensely during 2011-12 when plenty were calling for his head. For a long time I've said he's an extremely well rounded dummy half who is to the team whatever he is needed to be. Unfortunately in recent times that's being a tackling machine. So I'm not sure what you're getting at there?

I talk about Pearce a lot, but that's because the forum talks about Pearce a lot. My posts are not disproportionate to what the forum is talking about. My opinion just stands out more because I'm in the minority.

As for not 'supporting' any other players you can go read my posts on Boyd Cordner when people wanted him punted because he shared a house with Toddy Carney, my posts on Isaac Liu when plenty wanted him dropped this season, my posts on JWH this year when plenty have questioned his value, Dylan Napa, Ryan Matterson... it's not about supporting players it's about stating what I believe to be fact.

Comment

If we signed Cronk for 1-2 seasons at the expense of Pearce, it would be Politis's single greatest piece of recruitment of all time.

Cronk would be the best halfback to ever play for the Roosters. He is is the ultimate in consistency and cool headedness. When the pressure is on, he just gets better. His defining characteristic is being able to make the right decision when it counts. In short, he is the anti-Pearce.

Given he is already moving to Sydney for 2018, it would make sense that he will wind up working for/playing for somebody. I see no reason why that couldn't be us. The only stumbling block in all honesty will be trying to find a club willing to take Pearce off our hands at full freight. I suppose there are a few clubs dumb enough to take him on, but there wouldn't be any interest from the top clubs.

Comment

Originally posted by The Thracian View Post

So are you voting NO in this instance? This bigoted view towards the islander boys coming through the grades is astounding coming from a leftie like yourself.

From what i seen Faamausilli and Gray are better now and looking further ahead than Collins, Collins runs the ball hard but is as soft as Shillo in defence
                  Gray has played almost his entire career playing edge second row and while i rate Faamausili he wasnt even making the wyong side

Comment

Tedesco
                    Tupou
                    Mitchell
                    Manu
                    Fergo
                    Keary
                    Cronk

I wouldn't say no!

Comment

Originally posted by Danish View Post
                      If we signed Cronk for 1-2 seasons at the expense of Pearce, it would be Politis's single greatest piece of recruitment of all time.

Cronk would be the best halfback to ever play for the Roosters. He is is the ultimate in consistency and cool headedness. When the pressure is on, he just gets better. His defining characteristic is being able to make the right decision when it counts. In short, he is the anti-Pearce.

Given he is already moving to Sydney for 2018, it would make sense that he will wind up working for/playing for somebody. I see no reason why that couldn't be us. The only stumbling block in all honesty will be trying to find a club willing to take Pearce off our hands at full freight. I suppose there are a few clubs dumb enough to take him on, but there wouldn't be any interest from the top clubs.
                      If someone needs a hooker, he'd be fine. Or a lock like his father. He's not, nor has he ever been, a halfback's nutsack.
                      SUPER DRAGON!

Comment

Originally posted by Moose View Post

Gray has played almost his entire career playing edge second row and while i rate Faamausili he wasnt even making the wyong side
                        That exclusion of Pooasa was the dumbest decision by Rip Taylor this season, every run he bent the line, SST Mach 2, that decision to leave him out panned out real well, no go forward and struggled against the Warriors in the semi, only Manu brilliance got them home, the GF was awful, one again no go forward at all, Collins and co were running sideways, Faamausili should be first picked for Wyong and next in line for 1st grade
                        Bringer of Rain, Embrace the Hate, Freedom for All

Comment

Would Gronk give 100% to a Sydney team full of NSW rep players?

Also, would he add stability when the ball he’s getting isn’t as clean, he’s having to cop direct hits on his body on a regular basis and he’s having to do defensive kicks to get us out of trouble rather than lining up drop goals (with blockers being penalised, so having to stand behind him) and attacking kicks when his team’s already got the wood on the opposition?

He’s never played under pressure, he hates NSW and he’s never played with any of our boys. He’s just trying to get one final pay cheque for 1-2 years then he has been promised a lifetime job with the Storm. I wouldn’t wanna go near him, especially if it meant losing one of our current halves.

Comment

Originally posted by ism22 View Post
                            Would Gronk give 100% to a Sydney team full of NSW rep players?

Also, would he add stability when the ball he’s getting isn’t as clean, he’s having to cop direct hits on his body on a regular basis and he’s having to do defensive kicks to get us out of trouble rather than lining up drop goals (with blockers being penalised, so having to stand behind him) and attacking kicks when his team’s already got the wood on the opposition?

He’s never played under pressure, he hates NSW and he’s never played with any of our boys. He’s just trying to get one final pay cheque for 1-2 years then he has been promised a lifetime job with the Storm. I wouldn’t wanna go near him, especially if it meant losing one of our current halves.
                            Why would you question Cronks professionalism? He gives 100% for club, state and country. And all QLD players hate NSW during origin yet many still play here...or there cause I'm in QLD. The only thing that could be questioned would be that he might be a little deflated from having just won a premiership and playing in a new environment. It's what we all face when we go to work in a new place after having worked for a long time in another. I don't doubt though that if he chooses to play for another club, he will go there with the intention of giving it 100% because he has a reputation to uphold.

Comment

Smells like Vautin to me

Comment

Highly unlikey, but I welcome our new overlord and leader.

Comment

Working...
                                X