Cooper Cronk to the Roosters in 2018 ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm happy with Pearce.
    Off Melbourne's 'Big Three' only two are exceptional, and Cooper isn't one of them.

Comment

Originally posted by The Thracian View Post

That exclusion of Pooasa was the dumbest decision by Rip Taylor this season, every run he bent the line, SST Mach 2, that decision to leave him out panned out real well, no go forward and struggled against the Warriors in the semi, only Manu brilliance got them home, the GF was awful, one again no go forward at all, Collins and co were running sideways, Faamausili should be first picked for Wyong and next in line for 1st grade
      Forgive me if i take the side of professional coaches over a proven fool on a fan forum

Comment

Originally posted by Moose View Post

Forgive me if i take the side of professional coaches over a proven fool on a fan forum
        heres a thought, have your own opinion you elitist tree hugging leftie

Bringer of Rain, Embrace the Hate, Freedom for All

Comment

Originally posted by ROC181 View Post

Why would you question Cronks professionalism? He gives 100% for club, state and country. And all QLD players hate NSW during origin yet many still play here...or there cause I'm in QLD. The only thing that could be questioned would be that he might be a little deflated from having just won a premiership and playing in a new environment. It's what we all face when we go to work in a new place after having worked for a long time in another. I don't doubt though that if he chooses to play for another club, he will go there with the intention of giving it 100% because he has a reputation to uphold.
          He’s happy and professional when the odds are stacked in his favour and he’s with his mates. I’ve never seen him play WITH a heap of NSW players (he’s never had to) and I’ve never see him work with a team full or errors and penalties. I dunno if he’s the kinda player who would fit our team/culture.

IMO Keary, Pearce, Friend and Tedesco provide a good enough spine to win the comp (and Origin - Friend excluded of course) for years after Gronk has retired. NSW will get their shot soon, and NOBODY will want some old wanka from QLD who has enjoyed a silver spoon career thanks to the biggest salary cap cheat in history...
          Last edited by ism22; 10-03-2017, 10:48 AM.

Comment

heres a thought, have your own opinion you elitist tree hugging leftie
            I have plenty of opinions and a lot of them seem to upset you old man

Comment

Originally posted by kakaruk View Post
              Id rather spend the money on a couple of big front rowers,that produce big running meters.Some of our blokes efforts have been below standard to say the least.If you talk the talk you have to be able to walk the walk and that more often than not hasn't happened See how the talkers go next season .Sio is the one who will go really well imo.Napa is not a meter eater hes more a defensive forward when he turns up and jarrod great player that he has been is getting on a bit and has had a few injuries that have affected his form this year.
              Absolutely. We have built our game on playing down the middle with great yardage and quick play the balls. We need a couple of cheap , meathead big boppers. That love pain.
              Napa was putrid in that Final. jWH wasn't far behind.
              Embrace the Hate! JC

Comment

That exclusion of Pooasa was the dumbest decision by Rip Taylor this season, every run he bent the line, SST Mach 2, that decision to leave him out panned out real well, no go forward and struggled against the Warriors in the semi, only Manu brilliance got them home, the GF was awful, one again no go forward at all, Collins and co were running sideways, Faamausili should be first picked for Wyong and next in line for 1st grade
                Can't fault what you say, except that we are not privy to his training habits, attitude, behaviour etc. If he is as good as you and I think then it's probably fair to suggest there is another issue we are not aware of. If that is the case then you have to back the coach.
                Embrace the Hate! JC

Comment

Originally posted by Moose View Post

I have plenty of opinions and a lot of them seem to upset you old man
                  2000 is relic and ancient, not old get it right child

Comment

Originally posted by ism22 View Post

He’s happy and professional when the odds are stacked in his favour and he’s with his mates. I’ve never seen him play WITH a heap of NSW players (he’s never had to) and I’ve never see him work with a team full or errors and penalties. I dunno if he’s the kinda player who would fit our team/culture.

IMO Keary, Pearce, Friend and Tedesco provide a good enough spine to win the comp (and Origin - Friend excluded of course) for years after Gronk has retired. NSW will get their shot soon, and NOBODY will want some old wanka from QLD who has enjoyed a silver spoon career thanks to the biggest salary cap cheat in history...
                    Agree. And Pearce has proven it. I'm not suggesting I'm a huge fan. I'm not. Pearce is too conservative for me and I'm sick of his 5th tackle options. It's not so much that he puts a bomb up as most do. It's that he doesn't even consider counting numbers and seeing if it's worth running coz the wingers are back. Even just once, to keep the opposition guessing. He is just a decent club halfback imo.

But you don't have to be a great half to win comps. Who did Saints have? Wasn't it Hornby and Soward? Soward, who was scared to get tackled.

Our problem V cows was our errors and our forwards not aiming up. Except for Liu. Our starting front row was terrible. If Napa is on big coin then I'd love to get rid of him and buy two big Meatheads with the money.

I'm not sold on Cronk. Take him out of that Storm system, away from Smith and Slater and no one knows what he would be like.
                    Embrace the Hate! JC

Comment

What Pearce needs is to make himself unavailable for Origin - he was great in the first half of this season but, once again, origin delivered him back to us doubting and out of form.

enough already - it's some other clubs turn to provide a sacrificial halfback for the blues

Comment

Originally posted by The ticket View Post
                        What Pearce needs is to make himself unavailable for Origin - he was great in the first half of this season but, once again, origin delivered him back to us doubting and out of form.

enough already - it's some other clubs turn to provide a sacrificial halfback for the blues
                        I doubt he would need to.

Comment

sacrilege how dare you, a lasing shall be headed your way

Comment

Originally posted by ism22 View Post

So your assumption about Cronk is based on...a hunch. Thats great analysis. As for the culture... What is this culture that some talk about? Is it partying till late? Or perhaps it's giving away silly penalties. Is it knocking the ball right after we've scored? Or maybe....it's playing only for 20 mins and then holding on for dear life...Yeah you're right, Cronk wont fit into this culture.

Comment

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post

I doubt he would need to.
                              Yeah someones already got the magic marker out...

Comment

Can anyone advise where these Cronk to Roosters rumours are coming from? Is there anything backing it up? Or is it all bollocks?
                                Embrace the Hate! JC

Comment

Working...
                                X