Cooper Cronk to the Roosters in 2018 ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by John Corey View Post
    Can anyone advise where these Cronk to Roosters rumours are coming from? Is there anything backing it up? Or is it all bollocks?
    Is there a good player that is never rumoured to be coming to Bondi? I think something appeared last week in the Tele but many other clubs are interested.

Comment

The critics on here would 10/10 jizz in their pants if it turned out to be true.

And so would I.

Comment

He can only come if we hope Pearce or Keary around which I can't see happening.
        I think it would be all over social media if that was happening.
        Surely the club knows we are desperate for a big metre eater who doesn't drop the fkn ball more than a halfback past his used by date.

Comment

Originally posted by John Corey View Post
          Can anyone advise where these Cronk to Roosters rumours are coming from? Is there anything backing it up? Or is it all bollocks?
          He's coming to Sydney and hasn't retired. He says he wants to play on. Checking through the teams there's only one club with a problem with a halfback with nine years in the top job with only one title to his credit.
          SUPER DRAGON!

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny. View Post

He's coming to Sydney and hasn't retired. He says he wants to play on. Checking through the teams there's only one club with a problem with a halfback with nine years in the top job with only one title to his credit.
            Johnny you can probably tell me what is this culture the club has that a player with the character like Cronk won't be able to fit into.

Comment

Surely Cronk will end up with whoever offers the top dollars. Why wouldn't he? If he's not going to be at his beloved Storm, it will be money based only and I'm pretty sure we don't have enough cap left to compete with some others.
              FVCK CANCER

Comment

Originally posted by rented tracksuit View Post
                Surely Cronk will end up with whoever offers the top dollars. Why wouldn't he? If he's not going to be at his beloved Storm, it will be money based only and I'm pretty sure we don't have enough cap left to compete with some others.
                So if the Tigers gave him $2m you think he'd go there? I'm thinking he'll go to a club for good money that has a winning reputation and are well run. That eliminates the Tigers, Manly because they have been broke for a while now, Canterbury because they're over their cap till 2030, Cronulla is full of bad news, Parra haven't won for a while and their board are a mess, Penrith might be too far away, Saints have a dud for a coach... so maybe it's Souths or Easts. The Souths coach is a QLD assistant coach and GI is there. Hed want to make sure he doesn't end up for a dud club for his legacy in the game so my opinion is money won't be all that's important.

Comment

Originally posted by ROC181 View Post

So if the Tigers gave him $2m you think he'd go there? I'm thinking he'll go to a club for good money that has a winning reputation and are well run. That eliminates the Tigers, Manly because they have been broke for a while now, Canterbury because they're over their cap till 2030, Cronulla is full of bad news, Parra haven't won for a while and their board are a mess, Penrith might be too far away, Saints have a dud for a coach... so maybe it's Souths or Easts. The Souths coach is a QLD assistant coach and GI is there. Hed want to make sure he doesn't end up for a dud club for his legacy in the game so my opinion is money won't be all that's important.
                  I see your point ROC but didn't Ingliss go to Souffs when they were crap (still are btw) and didn't Jarryd Hayne end up at the Tits? How's their form? I don't think a year chasing money will have that much of an effect on his already stellar career. I think he's already cemented his legacy. Besides, wherever he ends up, if they go like busteds, they will find a scapegoat and it won't be him. If anything, he will probably come out of it looking even better. Easy to shine when everything around you is dull.
                  FVCK CANCER

Comment

Originally posted by rented tracksuit View Post

I see your point ROC but didn't Ingliss go to Souffs when they were crap (still are btw) and didn't Jarryd Hayne end up at the Tits? How's their form? I don't think a year chasing money will have that much of an effect on his already stellar career. I think he's already cemented his legacy. Besides, wherever he ends up, if they go like busteds, they will find a scapegoat and it won't be him. If anything, he will probably come out of it looking even better. Easy to shine when everything around you is dull.
                    Hayne has shown throughout his career that he's unstable. There were plenty of issues before he left Parra. Then he comes back and goes for the money so yes that's a good example of someone of his character. You can see from Cronk that he's down to earth and not full of himself. Hard worker and should he want to play on, he will give it his all. Ingliss came from the debacle of the Storm salary cap issues and was sold by Rustys hollywoodness... even so I still value GI more than Hayne. Hayne is hungry for the glory without the work.

Comment

• Originally posted by Johnny. View Post

Well if that's what it's based on there is not a lot to it. You know as well as I that they won't get rid of Pearce. And I can't see how they keep both.
                      Embrace the Hate! JC

Comment

• Originally posted by ROC181 View Post

My thoughts too ROC.

I'm a straight shooter & i can relay the following because it's based on fact.

A few weeks ago one of my close work colleagues who himself is a RWB member bumped into Cronk whilst on business in Melbourne & initiated discussion with him. They discussed upcoming RL finals games & my mate took the opportunity to congratulate him on a stellar career & wished him well but not against the Roosters should they meet in the GF, to which he replied, "they're a very well coached team".

No surprises by what was said and it doesn't guarantee we'll be the Sydney team he chooses to play for (if he continues) but his opinion is encouraging.

p.s My mate was blown away by Cooper's professionalism and genuineness.

Comment

• Originally posted by John Corey View Post

Well if that's what it's based on there is not a lot to it. You know as well as I that they won't get rid of Pearce. And I can't see how they keep both.
                          If Uncle Nick is sick of being an also ran then he would kick Pearce to the curb for Cronk.
                          SUPER DRAGON!

Comment

• Originally posted by ROC181 View Post

Hayne has shown throughout his career that he's unstable. There were plenty of issues before he left Parra. Then he comes back and goes for the money so yes that's a good example of someone of his character. You can see from Cronk that he's down to earth and not full of himself. Hard worker and should he want to play on, he will give it his all. Ingliss came from the debacle of the Storm salary cap issues and was sold by Rustys hollywoodness... even so I still value GI more than Hayne. Hayne is hungry for the glory without the work.
                            Oh hell yeah. GI any day over Hayne. I still wouldn't say no if either of them farted in our bed tho. Cronk may be in the 'twilight' of his career but he still has plenty to offer both on and off it and I'm sure will be a valuable addition to any team lucky enough and with deep enough pockets to get him. Yes he will put in the effort but I can't see it being the same as it is at the Storm. I don't want to say the wrong thing here but I truely hope he doesn't just go through the motions even tho that is probably still way better than some others.
                            FVCK CANCER

Comment

• Originally posted by theGman View Post

My thoughts too ROC.

I'm a straight shooter & i can relay the following because it's based on fact.

A few weeks ago one of my close work colleagues who himself is a RWB member bumped into Cronk whilst on business in Melbourne & initiated discussion with him. They discussed upcoming RL finals games & my mate took the opportunity to congratulate him on a stellar career & wished him well but not against the Roosters should they meet in the GF, to which he replied, "they're a very well coached team".

No surprises by what was said and it doesn't guarantee we'll be the Sydney team he chooses to play for (if he continues) but his opinion is encouraging.

p.s My mate was blown away by Cooper's professionalism and genuineness.
                              I don't think I have special superpowers but I can see from a mile away he's a professional through and through.

And Rented Trackies, I agree full with your last.

Comment

• Not going to happen for several very obvious reasons. Why bother even talking about it.

Comment

Working...
                                X