Cooper Cronk to the Roosters in 2018 ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by milanja View Post

Nick must be happy with the results, if he is happy with only 2 premierships in his 40 odd years of association.
    Maybe what makes Nico happy is not the results but the perception that all other fans have that he's one of the most successful club powerbroker in the comp. They obviously fail to look at the stats.

Comment

Originally posted by ROC181 View Post

Maybe what makes Nico happy is not the results but the perception that all other fans have that he's one of the most successful club powerbroker in the comp. They obviously fail to look at the stats.
      I'll bet that if you ask people who won the Premiership in a given year of the 21st century they could tell you. But I don't think many could tell you who won the Minor Premiership.

Off the top of my head.

2000 Brisbane
      2001 Newcastle
      2002 Roosters
      2003 Panthers
      2004 Bulldogs
      2005 Tigers
      2006 Manly
      2007 Melbourne*
      2008 Manly
      2009 N/A
      2010 Dragqueens
      2011 Manly?
      2012 N/A
      2013 Roosters
      2014 Bunnies
      2015 Cowboys
      2016 Sharks
      SUPER DRAGON!

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny. View Post

I'll bet that if you ask people who won the Premiership in a given year of the 21st century they could tell you. But I don't think many could tell you who won the Minor Premiership.

Off the top of my head.

2000 Brisbane
        2001 Newcastle
        2002 Roosters
        2003 Panthers
        2004 Bulldogs
        2005 Tigers
        2006 Manly
        2007 Melbourne*
        2008 Manly
        2009 N/A
        2010 Dragqueens
        2011 Manly?
        2012 N/A
        2013 Roosters
        2014 Bunnies
        2015 Cowboys
        2016 Sharks
        It was a bit of a stretch at this time of the night & beers to remember who won this years MP....'Oh yeah the Storm came first therefore, ummmmm...yes they won it'. Cause this means nothing to meeeeee....oh vienna!

Comment

Originally posted by ROC181 View Post

Yes i did say 'organising' but as keggs beat me to it, I meant leave the organising to someone else. SBW took charge when things weren't happening. I hope that explains things?
          Well it doesn't explain who you thought did the organising in 2013 if not Pearce..

There's a tendency on this forum to re-write history to suit the agenda,that's kind of what I'm getting at here.

Like Keggs who can recall in vivid detail 2 of the 3 tries in our GF comeback but then dismisses one all together... for what reason?

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster_6 View Post

Well it doesn't explain who you thought did the organising in 2013 if not Pearce..

There's a tendency on this forum to re-write history to suit the agenda,that's kind of what I'm getting at here.

Like Keggs who can recall in vivid detail 2 of the 3 tries in our GF comeback but then dismisses one all together... for what reason?
            That is exactly what you do, supply stats to try and validate your point, then when others use stats to counter your argument you say those stats are irrelevant, you yourself try and rewrite history in every defense of Pearce, you twist what others have said to suit your argument, even in this instance even after the original poster acknowledged he needed to word his comment more appropriately you are trying tell tell him what he meant.

I get your the "Big Dog" here because your admin and have the freedom and power to say and do whatever you want, as you seem to do so often, especially in defense of Ju Ju, so I will hazard a guess your related or just a dedicated Pearce groupie, cool congratulations.

Here are some simple facts that I would like to point out.

i have heard for years as has everyone else Pearces strengths as a player are his Kicking Game, His organizational skills and his defense, I may not agree but that is what the experts have been saying.

please tell me which of these areas has improved in his 10 yr 200 games in the top flight?

i don't want the excuses oh but this guy did this, this guy did that etc etc, Pearce has had the best coaches available, so surely some individual improvement should be evident even if those around him are underperforming.

Secondly his weaknesses have been identified by the experts as, does not run the ball enough or at the right time, he panics and has no plan b, he has limited creativity and he goes missing in the big games, which of these has he improved on?

I do not necessarily agree with all the experts opinions, I have noticed in previous posts you seem to think they have a lot of credibility due to their standing in the game ( when it suits your argument ) that is.

I have and I think everyone else has too accept the fact that Pearce is here to stay, love him or loathe him, Friend is here to stay love him or loathe him and under Robbo watch that is how it will remain

cheers
            Bringer of Rain, Embrace the Hate, Freedom for All

Comment

I would rather replace Friend than Pearce. Friend has lost a leg the last few seasons

Comment

Originally posted by Easts75 View Post
                I would rather replace Friend than Pearce. Friend has lost a leg the last few seasons
                i would lose friend over PEARCE only if PEARCE moved to 9.

Written and published on behalf of the Liberal Party, Queensland

Comment

Best solution is to send Pearce to Salford to join his fellow pissant Todd Carney and welcome Cronk with open arms and open legs for a year. Then offer Nathan Cleary the Bondi Icebergs to come here in 2019.
                  SUPER DRAGON!

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny. View Post
                    Best solution is to send Pearce to Salford to join his fellow pissant Todd Carney and welcome Cronk with open arms and open legs for a year. Then offer Nathan Cleary the Bondi Icebergs to come here in 2019.
                    or ride it out whilst lam and/or sos develop

Written and published on behalf of the Liberal Party, Queensland

Comment

Re Pearce and SBW 2013. No comparison between the two on talent or dedication. Uncle Nick said it best championing SBW's influence on the whole team. Compare that to Pearce's influence on Nikorima, Copley etc as soon as they came to town in 2016. So it's a joke to compare the two other than to say no SBW in 2013 = no premiership. Cronk has similar dedication and again there's no comparison.

Comment

Originally posted by Louis N View Post
                        Re Pearce and SBW 2013. No comparison between the two on talent or dedication. Uncle Nick said it best championing SBW's influence on the whole team. Compare that to Pearce's influence on Nikorima, Copley etc as soon as they came to town in 2016. So it's a joke to compare the two other than to say no SBW in 2013 = no premiership. Cronk has similar dedication and again there's no comparison.
                        I am sure someone will supply a stat to prove you wrong lol
                        Bringer of Rain, Embrace the Hate, Freedom for All

Comment

Pearce has the liability to switch off. After SOO this year same shit. Affects the team monumentally. He was playing pretty good till then.
                          Our team has erratic all season simply because our coach has it in him and so does Friend and Pearce.
                          You look back to 20013 and I will say SBW, Maloney, Sam Moa and jennings were our big game players. This year probably the missing links.Tedesco is a goer he will make a difference next year.
                          Our forwards also have to pick it up on a consistant bases.
                          Give new blood a go, blood in Collins and Radley they can renew the hunger
                          Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Comment

Originally posted by The Axe View Post

or ride it out whilst lam and/or sos develop
                            And if they do not Axeman?
                            SUPER DRAGON!

Comment

Originally posted by The Thracian View Post

I am sure someone will supply a stat to prove you wrong lol
                              LOL Such as Pearce MOM in 2013 Grand Final...no wait...didn't his opposite number get that from the losing side LOL

But we all know that too was a stitch up - just like the stats. Stats should have new categories such as number of failures to get repeat sets etc...
                              Last edited by Louis N; 10-02-2017, 10:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by The Brain View Post
                                Pearce has the liability to switch off. After SOO this year same shit. Affects the team monumentally. He was playing pretty good till then.
                                Our team has erratic all season simply because our coach has it in him and so does Friend and Pearce.
                                You look back to 20013 and I will say SBW, Maloney, Sam Moa and jennings were our big game players. This year probably the missing links.Tedesco is a goer he will make a difference next year.
                                Our forwards also have to pick it up on a consistant bases.
                                Give new blood a go, blood in Collins and Radley they can renew the hunger
                                Better FR options than Collins to consider I feel - such as Brock Gray/Poasa Faamausili/Joey Ratuvakacereivalu/Reuben Porter/Sitili Tupouniva/Kell O'Brien / Ben Thomas-

Next year NRL squads have been increased to 36 - 30 NRL players and 6 Development players allowable under the Cap- be interested to see what this 36 player squad will look like as we are short in a few positions in depth
                                Last edited by King Salvo; 10-02-2017, 10:45 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X