Cooper Cronk to the Roosters in 2018 ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rooster_6 View Post

Well it doesn't explain who you thought did the organising in 2013 if not Pearce..

There's a tendency on this forum to re-write history to suit the agenda,that's kind of what I'm getting at here.

Like Keggs who can recall in vivid detail 2 of the 3 tries in our GF comeback but then dismisses one all together... for what reason?
    Without repeating what Thracian said, which I agree fully, I also recall vividly, though not sure which game in the last few rounds which could have been the cowboys, Pearce also made a few errors in defence and in one of those errors which led to a try, you came up with some mathematical/physics/psychological reason why it wasn't Pearces fault why he missed the tackle. That the defense from the left didn't slide out far enough or too far...it was an outrageous excuse to a simple tackle that Pearce missed. I didn't say anything because it's your opinion and I respect it. What I don't understand though is your staunch support for Pearce when many here say something bad about his game. It's like its personal...are you related? Is your name Wayne? Of course I'm kidding with the wayne thing but I don't get why you can't see that he fails most of the times. He had a great start to the season but after game 1 SOO, he went downhill. Is he still concussed from the tackle by Chambers?
    Pearce has to be the organiser for the 80 ins, not for a few and then go missing. The saying everywhere by other fans is that Politis always gets his man...we didn't get Hayne which is probably a relief but maybe even him would have sparked something to get us through. Now it's time to go back and get the best or if not, get Cornish ready because in the one and only game I saw him play in first, he was very impressive.

The club wont sack Pearce because it's probably expensive to release him now and they believe there is no other alternative out there or there's too much sentimentality there with Nicos. The club hasn't got the stomach to do what is necessary with Jnr. He wont even be dropped, unless he misbehaves again.
    Last edited by ROC181; 10-02-2017, 10:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Easts75 View Post
      I would rather replace Friend than Pearce. Friend has lost a leg the last few seasons
      The fact that we don't have a creative half yet forces Friend to overplay his hand. Keary did great for his first year and hopefully he will get more confident to be a leader. The other problem is that we don't have a good kicker like Thurston, Taylor or Milford also forces Friend to kick. Have a player with that skill and the coach tells Friend to stop kicking and we might see him making less errors. We need his defensive work in the middle.

Comment

Originally posted by ROC181 View Post

Without repeating what Thracian said, which I agree fully, I also recall vividly, though not sure which game in the last few rounds which could have been the cowboys, Pearce also made a few errors in defence and in one of those errors which led to a try, you came up with some mathematical/physics/psychological reason why it wasn't Pearces fault why he missed the tackle. That the defense from the left didn't slide out far enough or too far...it was an outrageous excuse to a simple tackle that Pearce missed. I didn't say anything because it's your opinion and I respect it. What I don't understand though is your staunch support for Pearce when many here say something bad about his game. It's like its personal...are you related? Is your name Wayne? Of course I'm kidding with the wayne thing but I don't get why you can't see that he fails most of the times. He had a great start to the season but after game 1 SOO, he went downhill. Is he still concussed from the tackle by Chambers?

Pearce has to be the organiser for the 80 ins, not for a few and then go missing. The saying everywhere by other fans is that Politis always gets his man...we didn't get Hayne which is probably a relief but maybe even him would have sparked something to get us through. Now it's time to go back and get the best or if not, get Cornish ready because in the one and only game I saw him play in first, he was very impressive.

The club wont sack Pearce because it's probably expensive to release him now and they believe there is no other alternative out there or there's too much sentimentality there with Nicos. The club hasn't got the stomach to do what is necessary with Jnr. He wont even be dropped, unless he misbehaves again.
        See it's not so much my staunch support for Pearce as it is my staunch support to ask people to actually analyse the game rather than provide generalised, pre-meditated conclusions that they've been fed by the media or others. I've had strong opinions both ways on a lot of players who play in the Roosters jersey, not necessarily because of my feelings towards them but because of the perception people want to portray or the agenda some want to push.

Your post is the perfect example of how someone mocks and dismisses an argument they offered no rebuttal to. Because that's easier than to actually analyse what's really going on in a game & offer up a rebuttal. Rather than offer up some genuine analysis you'd prefer to discredit me. This is what frustrates me, we're a dumb society getting dumber.

Comment

I think Pearce is better than Gronk. Go back to when the Storm were officially cheating and slot Pearce into the following team:
          1. Slater
          2. Folau
          3. GI
          4. King
          5. Geyer
          6. Maloney
          7. Pearce
          8. Bromwich
          9. Smith
          10. Blair
          11. Hoffman
          12. Crocker
          13. Jeremy Smith

Manu
          Tolman
          Johnson
          Foran/Aitken

Anybody who thinks the team woulda been stuffed without Gronk is a bum. He gets all the time in the world to read plays, clean ball all the time and just has to be composed/accurate with his plays. It is MUCH easier to be composed when playing for a rigged team.

Cronk’s now got over a decade of rep and finals experience blah blah blah. A little like any one of the current QLD wankaz group, this means you’ll know the game better than alternatives who haven’t had the success/experiences.

I much prefer a FB like Teddy over Slater because he’s used to playing and performing under immense pressure. No silver spoon treatment, he’s had to earn it all without a rigged team around him to ensure success. Maloney and Widdop are both better halves than Cronk. Difference is they aren’t from QLD and don’t get ‘big 3’ treatment.
          Last edited by ism22; 10-02-2017, 12:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by King Salvo View Post

Better FR options than Collins to consider I feel - such as Brock Gray/Poasa Faamausili/Joey Ratuvakacereivalu/Reuben Porter/Sitili Tupouniva/Kell O'Brien / Ben Thomas-

Next year NRL squads have been increased to 36 - 30 NRL players and 6 Development players allowable under the Cap- be interested to see what this 36 player squad will look like as we are short in a few positions in depth
            3 of those players aren't even props and at this point none of them are better than Collins

Comment

See it's not so much my staunch support for Pearce as it is my staunch support to ask people to actually analyse the game rather than provide generalised, pre-meditated conclusions that they've been fed by the media or others. I've had strong opinions both ways on a lot of players who play in the Roosters jersey, not necessarily because of my feelings towards them but because of the perception people want to portray or the agenda some want to push.

Your post is the perfect example of how someone mocks and dismisses an argument they offered no rebuttal to. Because that's easier than to actually analyse what's really going on in a game & offer up a rebuttal. Rather than offer up some genuine analysis you'd prefer to discredit me. This is what frustrates me, we're a dumb society getting dumber.
              Yeah and like... did we REALLY want Hayne? I’ll take Teddy over Hayne and Coote (as a half?!?) any day of the week.

I dunno who, but SOMEBODY worked wonders to grab Teddy and Keary. Both are favourite sons of struggling teams and both woulda had massive offers on the cards from multiple teams.

Uncle Nick is a businessman above all. IMO he doesn’t just ‘get his man’, he gets his man for the right price. He’s probably known this whole time that he can get Teddy for ~$800k a season. So why pay $1M+ a season for Hayne or RTS? Maloney clearly wants money from clubs to support his family (which is why he moves around all the time, that trophy wife doesn’t stay around for $300k a season, she needs $800k+ baby and I betcha runs the show with what’s ‘acceptable’ the whole time... she’s his boss). Again, $800k to keep Maloney, or wait for Keary at $500k? IMO Nick knows the market well and uses his business skills to nail the best prices (not just the top players).

Comment

If Cooper does come, his nickname is ready made.

Rooster Cronkburn.
                SUPER DRAGON!

Comment

Creating points isn't the same as organisation.

Just stop.
                  Then the point stands. Pearce struggles to create points in big games (ie, take control of the game), like what was originally said.

If you prefer someone who calls the same pre-meditated set plays then we will not win another premiership unless someone better (ie SBW) comes in.

Now get off your high horse little man.

Comment

Originally posted by keggs View Post

Then the point stands. Pearce struggles to create points in big games (ie, take control of the game), like what was originally said.

If you prefer someone who calls the same pre-meditated set plays then we will not win another premiership unless someone better (ie SBW) comes in.

Now get off your high horse little man.
                    I've never disputed that creativity is Pearce's weak point. It's just not his go as a halfback. The majority of the points he sets up are through set plays, support play or good selective passing around structure.

Yes we need someone with someone with creativity and flair, thank you for regurgitating the same argument I've been making for the past decade.

http://www.thechookpen.com.au/vb5/fo...-a-premiership

I couldn't have been any more wrong about Sonny, he brought a skill set back to the game that I never knew he had. What a brilliant piece of business from Politis.

You joined a discussion about organisation not creativity though so until you can learn basic comprehension skills I'll sit on my high horse all day.

Comment

So you're saying that I'm swayed by the media and others? Actually you are so wrong however I listen to everyones view and along with mine (as I can't be right all the time) and I make up my conclusion. Even so, I think that many in the media live the game more than anyone here so maybe I will except their opinions a little more than the average forum punter, but not always. These guys get paid and I know many fans don't like to hear what they say about their club, but thats reality.

As for my posts, how did I mock? That it was an outrageous comment you made about how Pearce missed a tackle? That wasn't mocking, that was what I was thinking at the time but I let it go then... I tend not to get involved in someones else's argument... I've offered enough 'rebuttal' in the past to show how Pearce is not as good as some here make him out to be. I'm not going to throw stats to prove a point when I know that a single factor stat is meaningless. Any psych grad could tell you that. I will throw this though...How filthy was Andrew Johns when Mitchell failed at SOO...again...? All that work, coaching and expectation...and nothing!!! That's what we have been thinking too lately. I think you can be a little condescending with other posters with your OTT analysis of a missed tackle. Do you give other players like Guerra that much leniency when they missed a tackle? Do you support Friend when gets criticised by many here? Which goes back to my question, why are you a staunch defender of Pearce and hardly hear you say anything in support of others?

As for society getting dumber...well speak for yourself. I'm quite proud of my academic achievements. This is also a forum where conventional writing and dialogue rules are at street level. If it frustrates you then maybe take a break or seek counselling. It's not to be taken too seriously. If you don't agree with someone, then either accept their opinion or just don't read it. It's simple.
                      Last edited by ROC181; 10-02-2017, 01:24 PM.

Comment

Id rather spend the money on a couple of big front rowers,that produce big running meters.Some of our blokes efforts have been below standard to say the least.If you talk the talk you have to be able to walk the walk and that more often than not hasn't happened See how the talkers go next season .Sio is the one who will go really well imo.Napa is not a meter eater hes more a defensive forward when he turns up and jarrod great player that he has been is getting on a bit and has had a few injuries that have affected his form this year.

Comment

Originally posted by King Salvo View Post

Better FR options than Collins to consider I feel - such as Brock Gray/Poasa Faamausili/Joey Ratuvakacereivalu/Reuben Porter/Sitili Tupouniva/Kell O'Brien / Ben Thomas-

Next year NRL squads have been increased to 36 - 30 NRL players and 6 Development players allowable under the Cap- be interested to see what this 36 player squad will look like as we are short in a few positions in depth
                          Maybe mate dont know havnt seen much of the lower grades...just like the fire in Colins eyes a couple of times he played first grade..just has that look.
                          Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Comment

Originally posted by Moose View Post

3 of those players aren't even props and at this point none of them are better than Collins
                            So are you voting NO in this instance? This bigoted view towards the islander boys coming through the grades is astounding coming from a leftie like yourself.

From what i seen Faamausilli and Gray are better now and looking further ahead than Collins, Collins runs the ball hard but is as soft as Shillo in defence
                            Bringer of Rain, Embrace the Hate, Freedom for All

Comment

Originally posted by ROC181 View Post

Without repeating what Thracian said, which I agree fully, I also recall vividly, though not sure which game in the last few rounds which could have been the cowboys, Pearce also made a few errors in defence and in one of those errors which led to a try, you came up with some mathematical/physics/psychological reason why it wasn't Pearces fault why he missed the tackle.
                              For the record ROC181 it was against the Cowboys that Martin ran the line re Pearce and JWH to post the Cowboys first try. You can cast your mind back to 2014 again against the Cowboys where Pearce had one of his better games. Yet he still missed a vital one on one that let Cooper through and the Cowboys back into the game just prior to half time.Or if you want to go back to this years State of Origin again he made a defensive error that allowed Munster through and try time.

The hard part is that we know the he gives 100% and everybody is going to make errors. Just that Mitch's so often happen on clutch plays as he is in that position. So much so that he got himself a whole YouTube SOO tribute bo-boo reel. For mine he seems hurried and robotic,often throwing hospital paases and not playing what is in front of him. Friend has the same in his game. When Freddie made his comeback for the 9's he commented on how easy it was for him to take intercepts at training.

What it boils down to is that when it comes to the really big games like finals, the inconsistency is fatal. Taking charge of the big games is what separates the average from the standouts. I can't think of any player who has had more chances, more wraps and more criticism. And I think had he had a different surname and less expectation things may have been different.

Cronk stands up in the big games. If Cronk isn't in the Qld team they usually get beat. Slater said it all with his grand final speech. The chance to get Cronk would be massive, especially if his attitude and dedication rubbed off on the guys coming through. The problem might be how this would affect some of the senior group. Harmony is essential. I was concerned when we signed SBW for the same reason. In hindsight that proved a winning move. One thing fir sure is that Cronk wouldn't need any coaches. He'd be teaching them

Comment

Originally posted by Louis N View Post

For the record ROC181 it was against the Cowboys that Martin ran the line re Pearce and JWH to post the Cowboys first try. You can cast your mind back to 2014 again against the Cowboys where Pearce had one of his better games. Yet he still missed a vital one on one that let Cooper through and the Cowboys back into the game just prior to half time.Or if you want to go back to this years State of Origin again he made a defensive error that allowed Munster through and try time.

The hard part is that we know the he gives 100% and everybody is going to make errors. Just that Mitch's so often happen on clutch plays as he is in that position. So much so that he got himself a whole YouTube SOO tribute bo-boo reel. For mine he seems hurried and robotic,often throwing hospital paases and not playing what is in front of him. Friend has the same in his game. When Freddie made his comeback for the 9's he commented on how easy it was for him to take intercepts at training.

What it boils down to is that when it comes to the really big games like finals, the inconsistency is fatal. Taking charge of the big games is what separates the average from the standouts. I can't think of any player who has had more chances, more wraps and more criticism. And I think had he had a different surname and less expectation things may have been different.

Cronk stands up in the big games. If Cronk isn't in the Qld team they usually get beat. Slater said it all with his grand final speech. The chance to get Cronk would be massive, especially if his attitude and dedication rubbed off on the guys coming through. The problem might be how this would affect some of the senior group. Harmony is essential. I was concerned when we signed SBW for the same reason. In hindsight that proved a winning move. One thing fir sure is that Cronk wouldn't need any coaches. He'd be teaching them
                                Well I agree with everything you've said but I highlighted the main points. And to think how much Finch copped when he had less available. OK I can see an argument about my Finch comment coming up...

We have praised him for his defensive work but in the last few games, he's been out of sorts. Is this a sign he's in decline in that too? Love the bloke but that wont win us a comp unless we get a Sonny Bill superstar...I'm not sure Tedesco can do much from fullback to help Pearce for 26 rounds but will be happy to be wrong.

Comment

Working...
                                X