Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cowboys PF Debacle. Have you truly moved on ???????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cowboys PF Debacle. Have you truly moved on ???????

Sorry about this fellow penners but I cannot move on. Couldn't give a shyte about the World Cup either.

I really hope that there has been an internal inquiry conducted into the Cowboys PF debacle. Everything from the bench choices to the performance. I don't know about you guys but I cant shake the feelings of utter disgust and embarrassment about everything to do with that performance.

Some are saying, no worries, saved us from a flogging in the GF. Who the Fark knows that for sure? Nobody.

Furthermore, we don't seem to have addressed our glaring shortcomings in 2017 since that game. 1. Struggled with go-forward and PROP depth all year, 2. Struggled with our centers all year, especially defensive reads and one on one tackling. To the point that we had 2nd rowers as centers for the crunch time of the year. WHO HAVE WE BOUGHT ????

All we have now is a shyte fight on our hands over Crock of Cronk. This will undoubtedly lead to team disharmony, whether we get him or not, AND I can't see Cronk fixing our biggest weaknesses from this year stated above. Also due to the World cup, our preseason will be shyte. Thats a given.

I'd love to know what you guys are thinking right now. Have you moved on?

Something else is eating at my gut. How can we even jokingly suggest that Keary will not be wearing the 6 next year? This is a must.
    Last edited by PeeGee; 10-24-2017, 06:22 PM.
    Roosters For Ever

We would have got crushed by storm in gf

Comment

Originally posted by PeeGee View Post
      Sorry about this fellow penners but I cannot move on. Couldn't give a shyte about the World Cup either.

I really hope that there has been an internal inquiry conducted into the Cowboys PF debacle. Everything from the bench choices to the performance. I don't know about you guys but I cant shake the feelings of utter disgust and embarrassment about everything to do with that performance.

Some are saying, no worries, saved us from a flogging in the GF. Who the Fark knows that for sure? Nobody.

Furthermore, we don't seem to have addressed our glaring shortcomings in 2017 since that game. 1. Struggled with go-forward and PROP depth all year, 2. Struggled with our centers all year, especially defensive reads and one on one tackling. To the point that we had 2nd rowers as centers for the crunch time of the year. WHO HAVE WE BOUGHT ????

All we have now is a shyte fight on our hands over Crock of Cronk. This will undoubtedly lead to team disharmony, whether we get him or not, AND I can't see Cronk fixing our biggest weaknesses from this year stated above. Also due to the World cup, our preseason will be shyte. Thats a given.

Something else is eating at my gut. How can we even jokingly suggest that Keary will not be wearing the 6 next year? This is a must.
      I was over it within a few days. Why?

I do think we overachieved a bit in 2017, although we are still a very good team that is comfortably top 8 material.

Imo I believe the club started this year as a building year, with the goal being a Premiership in 2018. Literally NOBODY predicted we'd get anywhere near the grand final this year don't forget. There was incredible pessimism (especially in the Chook Pen here) about the signings of Keary and Gordon too. Most observers had us scraping into the 8.

Looking forward, now we've added arguably the best fullback in the game, all we need now is a really top notch prop (or even a hard running back rower) to top things off. I'd like to see Friend not so constrained by game plan. The man can ball play and run, but he's been playing to a very conservative role as directed by the coaching staff. I think after a full year and off-season, the Pearce/Keary combo will be an absolute cracker. Dont forget, unlike most teams with a left side/right side half, ours play the traditional 6 and 7 structure. As they get tighter, our attack will likewise improve even further.

Above all, handling. End of story. These guys need to hold on to the pill.

As stated previously, I like Cronk but the pros are outweighed by the cons when u look at it objectively
      Last edited by Steakface; 10-24-2017, 07:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bondicigar View Post
        So what has changed? They will still be awesome next year. They will not miss Cronk one bit. Smith is the Storm. Plus they have made some good buys, and have some great NRL ready youngsters coming through.
        Roosters For Ever

Comment

Originally posted by PeeGee View Post

Trying to sign Cooper Cronk should give you a good indication that the club has had an internal inquiry doesnt it?

Comment

The season was funny.. We didn’t deserve to be second in my opinion, a lot of the games we won, particularly the close ones, or games that dependended on ‘winning a big moment’ as Trent put it, we purely won a lot of them by the opposition out ‘shitting’ us. But then we finished 2nd and I thought, gee if we can get through the first game and have a week off we could put 2 games together that would be enough get us an unexpected premiership.

But alas the Broncos out shitted us and then Trent offered up the disaster that was the Prelim against the Cows. I lost a lot of confidence in Trent in all honesty, he bandaided too much this year and I saw nothing innovative (even though he alluded to it with use of Matterson centre/wing stuff which was out of necessity) in my opinion. The previously quoted ‘winning big moments’ comment masked the inept errors and inconsistent performances offered up. Kearey was a massive shinning light, closely followed by Latrell (who never saw enough ball) and obvious acknowledgement of Cordner, Gordon and Tupou (that prelim he was on hiding to nothing-I actually think Robbo hoped he would get through game with 16 men or by giving Tupou the last 10 with game in bag - aka arrogance). Liu and SST hopefully get another level in their game because they were the next wave who really stood up, and with some consistency afforded to him I think Ryan Matterson can go next level-I saw enough. Outside of that the media and some of our fans judge Pearce on what we want him to be, rather than what he is and I give him a pass mark on that for the year.

1, Signing Tedesco is unbelievable, he is a freak, best year ahead of him-hope injury is nice to him. What he doesn’t get a lot of accolade for is his kicking game in my opinion-this I feel will add another dimension next year.
            2. Signing Cronk is fraught with danger in my opinion, we lack 2 middles and an outside back possibly with the addition of teddy would
            3. If we lose SST or Mitchell that will be horrendous.
            4. Kearey is a must, he will only get better.
            5. I have lost the small amount of confidence I had in Friend. No running game, kicking game which is a flip of the coin.
            6. Our depth is poor-Radley and Butcher must come on.
            7. I think at some stage next year we will all say what a loss Guerra was, his versatility, resilience and hard edge I don’t see anyone bettering what he offered.
            8. Napa...................

Comment

No I havent totally recovered from that embarrassment.

Whether Melbourne would have towelled us is irrelevant. Making the gf is huge for all concerned .

Comment

Still shattered by the loss. As a supporter since 1970s I understand the opportunity to play in the big game rarely presents itself.

we deserved to be at the gf, because we were clearly 2nd Best team. We had earned the right to be there for the results displayed for the full round of competition.

We played ourselves out of the gf because key players did not stand up; we selected a poor bench and regrettably our errors returned in abundance
                Written and published on behalf of the Liberal Party, Queensland

Comment

Originally posted by Bondicigar View Post
                  That's either true or bullshit depending on which Roosters team turned up on the day . They 'beat' us narrowly 16/13 with an 11/6 penalty advantage and we beat them in Adelaide . Hardly a foregone conclusion. I think we were there bogey team and they had legitimate concern about facing us in the big one. Unfortunately we were to focused on the GF and not the Cowboys. Disappointed is not adequate for how I feel about that performance but trying to move on. Excited to see how Teddy goes with us next year, bring it on ! Go Roosters

Comment

Im more looking forward to 2018, with Teddy in the team than regretting and reliving the 2017 pf all over again.

Sometimes denial can be bliss, or is it being positive?
                    Originally posted by Bondi Boy

Pathetic!
                    What a rabble we are.

Oh well, maybe next year

Comment

I'm over it. Time to move on.

I just hope we learn our lesson and stop making dumb errors in 2018. It was the only way the Cowboys could beat us and we dished it up for them.

The two Fergo errors, Latrell's piss poor defensive effort on Feldt with a GF spot on the line, his two kick offs out on the full, a few other simple dropped balls in our own half.

We gotta sort that shit out once and for all.

If we do then we'll be back better than ever.

Oh and the thought of watching Teddy in our colours has helped sooth the pain. He's unbelievable and will wreck teams next year.

Comment

The Roosters would not be going after Cooper Cronk if they thought that Mitchell Pearce was the halfback to take the club to a grand final win, simple as that.
                        SUPER DRAGON!

Comment

I'm over it only took less than 24 hours but got over it just looking forward to watching the World Cup and then next thing you know the footy is back again.

Comment

[QUOTE
                            1, Signing Tedesco is unbelievable, he is a freak, best year ahead of him-hope injury is nice to him. What he doesn’t get a lot of accolade for is his kicking game in my opinion-this I feel will add another dimension next year.

[/QUOTE]

Im looking forward to seeing his kicking game too because ive never seen him kick a football!

Comment

Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post

Trying to sign Cooper Cronk should give you a good indication that the club has had an internal inquiry doesnt it?
                              So Mick, have you planned what you'll be doing for 1-2 months once it's made official?

As for stake he should be getting his excrinment ready

Comment

Working...
                              X