Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cowboys PF Debacle. Have you truly moved on ???????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pee gee im thinking we have two ready made centres if we sign cronk pearce to centre with flash gordon, keeos mitchel on the wing as he likes, pearce anfd flash can both tackle well, both can make a break, pearce is fastest player in fg squad!. he wouldnt feel left out of it then no move to hooker we can keep jake there and work on him? see we do have plans just wondered if robbo has considered thuis manu could be back up basck to take over in the centres.

Comment

I haven’t recovered and I won’t recover. That was a disgrace.

Cant agree on Cronk though. He steers you home to a win when you go ahead in the second half.

Comment

Yo you guys are soft, so soft

Comment

Originally posted by OG ROOSTER View Post
          Yo you guys are soft, so soft
          I probably am champ when it comes to the roosters, but hey, that’s me.

im a long time member and what they dished up in the PF including the coach is unacceptable.

Anyway, I will pretend to move on (never will forget though). Now all I’ve got to be concerned about is the effect of the Crock factor. Our lack of depth across the park in vital areas, and wondering if our discipline and ball control will improve next year.

Cheers to all.
          Last edited by PeeGee; 10-25-2017, 09:18 AM.
          Roosters For Ever

Comment

I got over it a couple of hours after.
            Why, two reasons. The first being that the Cowboys won the game more than we lost it. The way NQ played esp in regards to completion rates doesn't get enough credit.
            The second is as some have sajd, we (as everyone would have been) on a hiding to nothing in the GF
            The Internet is a place for posting silly things
            Try and be serious and you will look stupid
            sigpic

Comment

Yeah the Storm lost 4 games all year. 2 of those without their Origin spine.

So effectively they went 23-2 for the year when at full strength. And on the biggest stage of all they out in a complete GF performance.

Definitely one of the greatest sides of all time and fully deserved the win. So I don't feel like we blew the comp like in 2014 which was much worse.

Comment

Yeh I'm over it. I've got other things happening appart from footy in my life.

Comment

Originally posted by Kingbilly View Post
                  Why, two reasons. The first being that the Cowboys won the game more than we lost it. The way NQ played esp in regards to completion rates doesn't get enough credit.
                  The second is as some have sajd, we (as everyone would have been) on a hiding to nothing in the GF
                  Not sure I agree. Mistakes cost us big time. We were our own worst enemy once again.

Comment

I was over it by the Monday morning. Fact is, we didn't deserve to win the game against the Cowboys and the better team won on the night.

I was not expecting the results we had in 2017 so as far as I was concerned they had exceeded my expectations and whilst the end was disappointing, I enjoyed the season overall as a Chooks supporter, especially after the horrors of 2016.

In the end, it is a game of football and as a supporter, not a player, I don't have any control over the result. I accepted that a long time ago and also accept that there are days when the team does not perform to their potential. And apart from the Storm (and NQ for the final month) you can say that about nearly all the clubs in the comp, including the ShowPonies.

And whilst our recent record in prelim finals is not flash, I don't believe it would be much worse than say the ShowPonies or the Sharks. I'm not even sure how good Melbourne Storm's is given they had not win a premiership since 2012 and featured only in 1 other GF until winning it this year.

Roll on 2018 - hopefully the Cronk crap is sorted out one way or another very soon.
                    Supporting the RW&B, through good times and bad times.

Comment

As the Russian's say, the past is difficult to predict.

Comment

100%. I was going to post exactly that.

cowboys played a lot better than most give them credit for. They played an almost perfect game. We made mistakes but they earned those mistakes with their defence (except for the kick offs that went dead - ok those weren’t so good).

i thought we did pretty well to almost snatch it in the end to be honest.

Comment

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post
                          Yeh I'm over it. I've got other things happening appart from footy in my life.
                          Yo this is it. Love the Roosters you know what Im sayin but FFS guys

Comment

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post

Not sure I agree. Mistakes cost us big time. We were our own worst enemy once again.
                            We sure did make mistakes but I have seen alot more focus on that than NQ playing well
                            The Internet is a place for posting silly things
                            Try and be serious and you will look stupid
                            sigpic

Comment

We sure did make mistakes but I have seen alot more focus on that than NQ playing well
                              I agree. But I get stuck on the bench selection. Do you think that could be explained so that it made some sense?
                              Roosters For Ever

Comment

No, I haven't fully got over it.
                                I have, however, got to a stage where I think I will be able to get over it.

Comment

Working...
                                X