Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cowboys PF Debacle. Have you truly moved on ???????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got over it pretty quickly. I thought the team exceeded my expectations all year and I actually really enjoyed this season after what happened in 2016.
    I also thought we were no hope of beating the Storm which was clearly the best team all year and I really couldn't stomach yet another grand final loss.

Comment

just one out of left field, i see no reason why we cant play ju ju and flash in the centres, they both run well tackle hard thqat frees up a wing spot for manu to gain more fg experience, hes got the step and speed just needs fg defence work? if we can afford it jake stays at hooker but gets replaced more often for a break to freshen up his attack by radly? we need to bring back our fijian garbo prop to rotate on the bench! apart from that im assuming cronk in rwb next season?

Comment

Originally posted by mightyrooster View Post
        I got over it pretty quickly. I thought the team exceeded my expectations all year and I actually really enjoyed this season after what happened in 2016.
        I also thought we were no hope of beating the Storm which was clearly the best team all year and I really couldn't stomach yet another grand final loss.
        Seems to be a few closet drizzle supporters in here with all the love ? Irrefutably successful but boring, robotic mistake free football style that I very unentertaining to watch. We might make mistakes but when we click it's excitement plus and that's what I love about this team.Can't wait for the Teddy factor bring on 2018
        ​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Crab View Post

Seems to be a few closet drizzle supporters in here with all the love ? Irrefutably successful but boring, robotic mistake free football style that I very unentertaining to watch. We might make mistakes but when we click it's excitement plus and that's what I love about this team.Can't wait for the Teddy factor bring on 2018
          ​​​​
          I don't know where you get the idea that I'm a Storm lover from as I can't stand them.
          Just because I thought they were the best team all year doesn't mean I love or admire them. It's quite the opposite in fact as I hate the way Bellamy and that club have changed the game of rugby league.

Comment

Eh, I was fully expecting us to get bottled in that game. So I was over it before the final whistle was even blown.

Fact is, we were not a good football team in 2017. We had some great players and tremendous individual moments, but in all honesty we only played 2 good games as a team all year (when we belted Parra and when we just lost to the Storm).

I said during the year that we weren't much different to 2016. Many laughed. When you think about it though, we were very unlucky not to win 5-6 additional games in 2016 while also being very lucky to not lose the same number in 2017. You could change 5-6 ref decisions and suddenly we would fall out of the 8 in 2017 or rise up to 9th or 10th spot in 2016.

Our biggest problem in both years was exactly the same - a complete lack of leadership on the field. Our team is made up of lazy attitudes that need someone to kick em up the arse in order to get 80 minutes out of them. This is what the biggest improvement of Cronk coming to the club will be. No more will we have a halfback who basically needs to be treated with kid gloves at all times, lest his fragile mental state lead him to commit YET ANOTHER off field booze session that embarrasses the club. Instead we'll have a tough as nails leader who won't fold like a deck of cards when the pressure is on. It will a breath of fresh air not needing subtitles for his media interviews as well.

The one question mark is our centres IMO. Cronk will have the forward pack humming along, but no amount of structure and skill in at halfback can stop your centres from making horrid defensive decisions. Although who knows? The big 3 at the Storm have always commanded respect on and off the field. So perhaps Cronk will be getting stuck into Mitchell and Manu in the off season and making sure they improve.

Comment

Originally posted by Random Rooster View Post
              [QUOTE
              1, Signing Tedesco is unbelievable, he is a freak, best year ahead of him-hope injury is nice to him. What he doesn’t get a lot of accolade for is his kicking game in my opinion-this I feel will add another dimension next year.
              Im looking forward to seeing his kicking game too because ive never seen him kick a football!

[/QUOTE]

That’s ok. I have, goes well. Good kick offs, Good drop out too as well as General play kicking.

Comment

Originally posted by <ME> View Post

Im looking forward to seeing his kicking game too because ive never seen him kick a football!
                That’s ok. I have, goes well. Good kick offs, Good drop out too as well as General play kicking. [/QUOTE]

you don't have your fullback kicking in general play though - bit like having your wicket keeper as one of your main bowlers.

Comment

Originally posted by Danish View Post
                  Eh, I was fully expecting us to get bottled in that game. So I was over it before the final whistle was even blown.

Fact is, we were not a good football team in 2017. We had some great players and tremendous individual moments, but in all honesty we only played 2 good games as a team all year (when we belted Parra and when we just lost to the Storm).

I said during the year that we weren't much different to 2016. Many laughed. When you think about it though, we were very unlucky not to win 5-6 additional games in 2016 while also being very lucky to not lose the same number in 2017. You could change 5-6 ref decisions and suddenly we would fall out of the 8 in 2017 or rise up to 9th or 10th spot in 2016.

Our biggest problem in both years was exactly the same - a complete lack of leadership on the field. Our team is made up of lazy attitudes that need someone to kick em up the arse in order to get 80 minutes out of them. This is what the biggest improvement of Cronk coming to the club will be. No more will we have a halfback who basically needs to be treated with kid gloves at all times, lest his fragile mental state lead him to commit YET ANOTHER off field booze session that embarrasses the club. Instead we'll have a tough as nails leader who won't fold like a deck of cards when the pressure is on. It will a breath of fresh air not needing subtitles for his media interviews as well.

The one question mark is our centres IMO. Cronk will have the forward pack humming along, but no amount of structure and skill in at halfback can stop your centres from making horrid defensive decisions. Although who knows? The big 3 at the Storm have always commanded respect on and off the field. So perhaps Cronk will be getting stuck into Mitchell and Manu in the off season and making sure they improve.
                  the forward pack went missing in most games this year- caught up with them in the PF - Insipid performance by the forwards in the PF especially accounting for the injuries the Cows players carried into the match - both forwards and backs-one would have thought they would have came out firing from the kick-off - seemed intent to let the game drift along- lucky to have been down only 8-6 at halftime after an error riddled first half which only get worse in the second.

Comment

Working...
                  X