If Pearce leaves and we get Cronk...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Pearce leaves and we get Cronk...

Will this be a good test of how the two compare? I'm gonna say it now... if we boot Pearce and then fail to make the GF with:
    - An identical team to 2017, but with Tedesco and Cronk
    - The Storm being without Cronk

Then... Pearce is a better player than Cronk. My fear is that he'll struggle once he starts getting penalised and learns what it's like when your forwards can't just wrestle the hell outta the ruck.

Originally posted by ism22 View Post
    Will this be a good test of how the two compare? I'm gonna say it now... if we boot Pearce and then fail to make the GF with:

Then... Pearce is a better player than Cronk. My fear is that he'll struggle once he starts getting penalised and learns what it's like when your forwards can't just wrestle the hell outta the ruck.
    That logic startles me..........................
    Things are only that black and white to nuns???????

Comment

Yeh not that simple but I do agree with the bookies that if we can get to the end of the season with no key injuries then we are deserved favourites to win the comp next year. Pearce or Cronk @ Number 7.

Given that, it's such a huge risk but Nick Politis has built his career on taking these kinds of risks.

You've gotta give Cronk some time to settle in too, we're a very different side to the Storm.

Comment

Wonder what the statistics are ?.........I mean regarding dummy-spitting, under-acheivers with a ten year history in one NRL club?

Percentage of destroying off-seasons?
        % of blaming team-mates for meh efforts?
        % of making us proud?
        % of critics with patience??????

Waynes son has a hell of a way to go before he'd come close to earning my respect.
        My dark moods about big game losses go way back before he was told his old man was better at poker than rugby league.

Please..................go to brookie.
        Bozo would love it

Comment

Originally posted by ism22 View Post

Robbo has to win a premiership with or without Cronk- that's the facts - Green or Bellamy to take over

Comment

Originally posted by eddie View Post
            Wonder what the statistics are ?.........I mean regarding dummy-spitting, under-acheivers with a ten year history in one NRL club?

Percentage of destroying off-seasons?
            % of blaming team-mates for meh efforts?
            % of making us proud?
            % of critics with patience??????

Waynes son has a hell of a way to go before he'd come close to earning my respect.
            My dark moods about big game losses go way back before he was told his old man was better at poker than rugby league.

Please..................go to brookie.
            Bozo would love it
            Not really as this has been handled poorly- same as SKD being released for no reason- could have done with him when Toops was injured and as you know was never fit to play either finals games - players with over 200 games for the same club deserve more/better than this - Treated Kevin `Horrie` Hastings poorly too -another over 200 game one club Rooster player - forced to retire at 28 when not wanted by the Chooks- didn't want to play for anyone else despite Manly making him a offer to play on.

Comment

Originally posted by King Salvo View Post

Not really as this has been handled poorly- same as SKD being released for no reason- could have done with him when Toops was injured and as you know was never fit to play either finals games - players with over 200 games for the same club deserve more/better than this - Treated Kevin `Horrie` Hastings poorly too -another over 200 game one club Rooster player - forced to retire at 28 when not wanted by the Chooks- didn't want to play for anyone else despite Manly making him a offer to play on.
              SKD was not released for no reason and it proved costly in the end.

And that last bit is garbage. He wanted to play for Manly but had committed to play for Woy Woy and didn’t want to let them down. It’s true he was screwed by the club though.

Comment

Originally posted by King Salvo View Post

Just typical of the club.. been like this for a long time.. my gut feeling is if Pearce leaves it will hurt us in ways we dont expect

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Tobin View Post
                  SKD was not released for no reason .
                  Kinda depends how you look at it.
                  What if he hyped up all night?????????????

Tossing and turning in bed like he was training for the grandfinal again.."..Cant relax Skiddsy " was his mantra all night,.. that long, long night.
                  When the sun raised its ugly head he was still commited...big time.
                  Rocked up to training super early, eyes as big as saucers...............

Only to be told the bad news, and thanks for the 200 games...................

Carter lied to him.
                  There is no drug available that can make 100 tries come even close to Pearces 100 try assists....

Comment

Working...
                  X