Brad Fittler should be the next immortal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ray Stehr View Post
    I reckon Dally Messenger and Dave Brown should be immortals.
    Count me in on that one Ray. As a young kid at Redfern Oval I was lucky enough to meet the great man who gave me his autograph. When I go home I was proud as punch. I showed it to my father and he looked at it and then said, 'he wasn't as good as Dally Messenger'.

Dad was around 60 when I was born and saw both of them play. He lived at Glenmore Road used to tell me some grand stories about the old greats like Glebe's Frank Burge, Souths Harold Horder etc and all of the Easts stars.
    Last edited by Louis N; 03-06-2018, 11:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Louis N View Post

Count me in on that one Ray. As a young kid at Redfern Oval I was lucky enough to meet the great man who gave me his autograph. When I go home I was proud as punch. I showed it to my father and he looked at it and then said, 'he wasn't as good as Dally Messenger'.

Dad was around 60 when I was born and saw both of them play. He lived at Glenmore Road used to tell me some grand stories about the old greats like Glebe's Frank Burge, Souths Harold Horder etc and all of the Easts stars.
      Great story Louis.

Comment

I reckon Mal will get it.

if it were between Freddie and Lockyer though, Freddie hands down.

While I feel that Dally M should have been chosen along with the original 4 I doubt they will now go back that far. It will be someone who played in the 90s era

Comment

Daily Messenger should have been an immortal a long time ago imo.
          My Roosters Channel - youtube.com/IRoostermanI
          My Gaming Channel - youtube.com/xIVERTiiGOIx

Comment

2 immortals to be added as well as a new hall of fame.
            was wondering if the 2 slots makes it easier for fittler or just opened up for some one way in the past

https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/03/19/...NetworkContent

Comment

So it's 2 now ?
              I bet it will be one from recent past and one from much further back.
              I've always said Dave Brown from Easts 30's should be an immortal.
              But I think they'll go with Meninga / Provan

Comment

I bet it's Meninga and Lockyer as part of a Qld fap fest.

Vomit.

Comment

I think the rule are no player before world war2 can be elected,, so dave brown and dally m cant be elected. it is a bit silly because history of the game should be very more oimportant . dally m and dave brown would be two of the first platers in a hall of fame?

Comment

Originally posted by eddie View Post
                    I think the rule are no player before world war2 can be elected,, so dave brown and dally m cant be elected. it is a bit silly because history of the game should be very more oimportant . dally m and dave brown would be two of the first platers in a hall of fame?
                    Absolutely...cramming it with recent stars neglects the rich history of our game. Guys like Dally M, Frank Burge, Dave Brown had a huge impact. I think the Immortals concept is a ludicrous one. A proper Hall of Fame would be more fitting.

Comment

Stumpy Stevens should get a mention as well.

Comment

I agree that the Immortals concept is silly.

They should do away with it; which would then enhance the Hall of Fame which shouldn't be viewed as 2nd rate as it currently is.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Tobin View Post

Rob McClusky. One game in 1988.
                          JT Who was in charge of recruitment back then - obviously someone needed assistance with their backhand and serve perhaps or the infamous chip and charge game that Pat Rafter pioneered :-)
                          Last edited by King Salvo; 03-24-2018, 01:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post
                            Stumpy Stevens should get a mention as well.
                            Last I heard of Stumpy Stevens he was working in QLD for a local council as a stop and go sign man (traffic manager) during road works- I recall he would have been lucky to be 5 ft 6 although he was taller than Bunny (Barry) Reilly "the True Axe" who was 5ft 3- Barry taught Trevor Gillmeister how to tackle

Last edited by King Salvo; 03-24-2018, 01:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy Smith View Post
                              I agree that the Immortals concept is silly.

They should do away with it; which would then enhance the Hall of Fame which shouldn't be viewed as 2nd rate as it currently is.
                              Agree also with the silly concept only having post war players as eligible for it gong. Anyway it was just a wanky journo's title for starters.

If cricket had a similar criteria, then Bradman (he did play in 47 and 48) and O'Reilly would probably not be considered.

Celebrate the Hall of fame and get rid of this Immortal crap.
                              Last edited by The Coach; 03-24-2018, 12:30 PM.

Comment

I have heard Mitchell Pearce will be considered for Rugby League Immortality after he retires.

Such is the media's fete festival is with him now, he would have to be a sure thing.

Comment

Working...
                                X