Brad Fittler should be the next immortal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Parkway_Drive View Post

Myles did the dump in the hall on the central coast.

Freddy locked himself of his room later in the 2009 season and was naked at the time, I think it was in Townsville.

One of Menninga, Proven or Coote should be the 9th Immortal. These are some of greatest of the greats from a largely forgotten era by those who matter well apart from Menninga who deserved to be looked at before the more modern day players for me.

Sterlo was pretty good too, probably slightly shades Kenny who is my all time fave non Rooster player.
    freddy locked himself out of his hotel room in the knick. Woopdee doo. At least he wasn’t a drug cheat.

anyway, it should be Mal by the length of the straight.

FVCK CANCER

Comment

Originally posted by rented tracksuit View Post

freddy locked himself out of his hotel room in the knick. Woopdee doo. At least he wasn’t a drug cheat.

If Norm "Sticks" Provan isn't the next immortal there is something drastically wrong - His record far outstrips those already immortals and any contenders as a player/captain coach and coach. After all they play for the Provan and Summons trophy - Ken Irvine should also be an immortal - 212 tries in First grade a record which wont be beaten I suggest - 282 overall taking into account rep footy(70 tries) -1958 to 1973

Comment

i dont know about freddie being the next immortal, however ill say right here i wouldve taken freddie 96 - 04 over any era of lockyer, or meninga - he was the right man for the roosters, perhaps johns wouldve had a similar effect , meninga was only a centre albeit a great one, lockyer whilst also good always had a great team around him so im not completely convinced , i suspect if the roosters had won on 03 or 04 freddies case wouldve been a lot stronger and potentially a done deal, just my 2 cents.

Comment

So now that the nrl "controls" becoming an Immortal, who is actually involved and what are the criteria parameters? Yesteryear or modern day players?

Comment

Freddie will never become an immortal because he is a rooster.
            “Soon will the present day order be rolled up, and a new one spread out in its stead”- (Baha’u’llah)

Comment

You'd reckon it's judged on who was a clear standout performer over and above the rest of their peers like the players already bestowed that honour were.

Was Lockyer? Was Meninga? Was Fittler?

The question is, will the NRL go back before Johns?
              ..it’ll be interesting to see

Comment

Originally posted by roosterchook View Post
                Freddie will never become an immortal because he is a rooster.
                Yep always a conspiracy. Lucky Beetson never played for us.

Comment

Originally posted by King Salvo View Post

If Norm "Sticks" Provan isn't the next immortal there is something drastically wrong - His record far outstrips those already immortals and any contenders as a player/captain coach and coach. After all they play for the Provan and Summons trophy - Ken Irvine should also be an immortal - 212 tries in First grade a record which wont be beaten I suggest - 282 overall taking into account rep footy(70 tries) -1958 to 1973

He's been overlooked on three occasions already so if his record wasn't good enough back then why is it considered good enough now? The fact his name has come up probably proves that there is nobody really worthy of the honour at this stage and that they should wait for the retirement of the likes of Smith and Slater before revisiting it.

Comment

Well I guess Meninga has always been one of those players who got forgiven for eveything and could do no wrong, a bit like Cam Smith is now.
                    Bet he won't live forever but.

Comment

Originally posted by eddie View Post

Well I guess Meninga has always been one of those players who got forgiven for eveything and could do no wrong, a bit like Cam Smith is now.
                      Bet he won't live forever but.
                      neither will Cam Smith!

FVCK CANCER

Comment

neither will Cam Smith!
                        Don't tell todd greenbug that.
                        I hate it when he cries.

Comment

The next immortal should be Adrian Morley.

Comment

I find the whole concept of 'Immortals' ridiculous, anyway. All you need is a Hall of Fame (that actually exists somewhere) with all the greats, and Freddy (who was streets ahead of Wally Lewis imo) would be in there along with the likes of Provan, Coote, Meninga, Messenger, and Dave Brown.

Comment

I reckon Dally Messenger and Dave Brown should be immortals.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Stehr View Post
                                I reckon Dally Messenger and Dave Brown should be immortals.
                                Dave Brown was almost the Don Bradman of rugby league.

Unbelievable what he did.

If he was a Souffs or St Illawarra player he'd be an immortal for sure.

Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

Comment

Working...
                                X